October 18, 2019, 05:29:00 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 127087 times)

May 05, 2019, 03:53:21 PM
Reply #1845

Nicco

Genuinely no idea, but i've no idea how we were so bad at them before either.
Last person to score at Goodison was Jesus.

Suppose we learnt how to handle crosses after that...

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

May 05, 2019, 05:33:37 PM
Reply #1846

Bluedylan

Aren't we putting it down to a combination of 2 things - 1) the 17 days off, which enabled sustained, intense training and presumably repetition and practice, and 2) it takes time to communicate and learn detailed tactical approaches. As has been said before, Klopp finished 8th in his first season. It didn't just work instantly.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 05, 2019, 11:04:59 PM
Reply #1847

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty much everyone said they expected this to be a transition season. Pretty much everyone said they wanted to see better football and a sign of progress and we've started to see that. Next season will be a true indicator of Silvas mettle but it's fair to say he's putting his mark on the team and he's at the very least an upgrade on Koeman and Allardyce

May 06, 2019, 12:48:43 AM
Reply #1848

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty much everyone said they expected this to be a transition season. Pretty much everyone said they wanted to see better football and a sign of progress and we've started to see that. Next season will be a true indicator of Silvas mettle but it's fair to say he's putting his mark on the team and he's at the very least an upgrade on Koeman and Allardyce

Koeman got 61 points and 7th in his first year after taking over from Martinez's absolute shiteshow.

I don't like the big fat pat butcher swede and his footy is basically allardyce with an accent but it's too early to say that silva is any kind of upgrade.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 06, 2019, 01:28:56 AM
Reply #1849

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Koeman got 61 points and 7th in his first year after taking over from Martinez's absolute shiteshow.

I don't like the big fat pat butcher swede and his footy is basically allardyce with an accent but it's too early to say that silva is any kind of upgrade.

I totally disagree despite the stats the football l we are capable of under Silva is night and day compared to Allardyce or Koeman but I understand your point of view

May 06, 2019, 01:48:35 AM
Reply #1850

KoemansNumberTens

The season as a whole was shite. Not enough points. Not 7th. No cup runs. Went out to shite teams

The hope comes from the last 10 or so games though. We’ve played well and we’ve beaten some of the big boys (all be in when they’ve all been a bit shite themselves)

It’s hard not to be optimistic for next season.

May 06, 2019, 01:56:06 AM
Reply #1851

Bluedylan

The season as a whole was shite. Not enough points. Not 7th. No cup runs. Went out to shite teams

The hope comes from the last 10 or so games though. We’ve played well and we’ve beaten some of the big boys (all be in when they’ve all been a bit shite themselves)

It’s hard not to be optimistic for next season.

The season as a whole wasn't shite. Why is everything so black and white with you? 8th, playing much better football, ending the season as one of the best teams defensively, and beating a number of the Top 6 handsomely is not a shite season.

Maybe you're just not very good at expressing yourself, I don't know.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

May 06, 2019, 02:27:39 AM
Reply #1852

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
6/10

Some good things, some bad things.

The bad things have all mostly been ironed out, but we did have an appalling run of form in the middle of the season.

For the most part though I’ve enjoyed watching us and started looking forward to seeing us play

Haven’t felt like that for about four years and it’s all down to silva and the environment he’s creating.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

May 06, 2019, 02:34:31 AM
Reply #1853

Ross

Yeah it’s a not been great but it’s certainly been progress considering the mess Silva walked into.

What I liked the most was he managed to turn what looked like a head long nosedive around, albeit after a long time, and the fact he’s always had the players giving there all for him.

Overall it’s been a solid enough season all things considered. Next season he’s got very little wriggle-room for any prolonged dips. 
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 06, 2019, 02:37:26 AM
Reply #1854

KoemansNumberTens

The season as a whole wasn't shite. Why is everything so black and white with you? 8th, playing much better football, ending the season as one of the best teams defensively, and beating a number of the Top 6 handsomely is not a shite season.

Maybe you're just not very good at expressing yourself, I don't know.

It’s not. I’m actually saying it’s not black and white. That if you look at the bullet points it’s been shite but we end the season with optimism because of how it’s ended. I didn’t think what I posted was overly difficult to understand. I apologise though xx

May 06, 2019, 02:44:29 AM
Reply #1855

dekko

For being his first season, and for us playing some amazing football, I’m happy with this season. This good football is exactly what I want to see, attacking, pressing, with two of my fellow Brazilians showing some samba moves, clean sheets and  winning matches. Just amazing! I have high hopes for next year, I don’t think we’ll lost anyone important for the team, and we’ll be adding some better players and adding competition in other areas.
COYB!!!

May 06, 2019, 03:05:39 AM
Reply #1856

Toddacelli

Regardless of how comparable the seasons were, there is also the fact that with Allardyce he was probably at, or close to, his ceiling.

With Brands and Silva, we are probably at, or close to, the beginning.

Worlds apart.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 06, 2019, 03:49:07 AM
Reply #1857

Mayor Farnum

Can't ignore his big success rate with his signings. Only Mina still has something to prove and injuries have been mitigating in his case.
Something clever written by someone else.

May 06, 2019, 04:10:38 AM
Reply #1858

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Regardless of how comparable the seasons were, there is also the fact that with Allardyce he was probably at, or close to, his ceiling.

With Brands and Silva, we are probably at, or close to, the beginning.

Worlds apart.

I don't consider allardyce's time here as a tenure of management, someone was just keeping the engine ticking over so it didn't seize up entirely.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 06, 2019, 04:18:19 AM
Reply #1859

Dr. Sponge

I don't consider allardyce's time here as a tenure of management, someone was just keeping the engine ticking over so it didn't seize up entirely.

That entire situation was ridiculous and it all came from Steve Walsh. One of Moshiri’s worst decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk