October 16, 2019, 07:08:43 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126195 times)

October 01, 2019, 03:01:25 AM
Reply #60

Mayor Farnum

The only one we'd get who is in that league, in my opinion, is he who cannot be mentioned

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Sorry lost me. Again but a little more route one please.
Something clever written by someone else.

October 01, 2019, 03:05:33 AM
Reply #61

Mayor Farnum

The only one we'd get who is in that league, in my opinion, is he who cannot be mentioned

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Got it now, yes.

October 02, 2019, 04:24:52 PM
Reply #62

Mayor Farnum

The worst thing for me is I just don't care now, didn't even watch the City game to be honest. Seems we just can't get it right no matter who we appoint lately.

I'm still up for it on game day, but through the week I don't look forward to it like I used to.
Also once the game settles down and starts to drift I find myself just accepting what's happening on the pitch without any real belief things will improve during the 90 minutes.

October 06, 2019, 02:59:01 AM
Reply #63

Mayor Farnum

Who'd have thought employing a manager that'd been in the league five minutes would turn to shit.

October 06, 2019, 03:19:22 AM
Reply #64

Mayor Farnum

If we're going to make these 'close your eyes and hope' appointments we've got to give the fella a couple of years at least. Surely we knew the risk and took it on board.
If we actually thought we were working to a plan the implications for future appointments are much worse.

October 06, 2019, 03:31:25 AM
Reply #65

Mayor Farnum

Surely the opposite is true. If you go for someone you believe in you give them time. If you make a wild punt you quickly move onto the next 1 when it’s turning to shit

Well if we believe in our original decision we have to concede that we can't impose targets because we have no idea what the manager can offer. So if we think he's worth a three year contract we have to let him see it through.

Of course the sensible decision would not to get caught up in hype and convince ourselves that ten games at Hull is enough to commit three years football and six transfer windows.

But I don't see why Marco has to pay the penalty for more mis-management.

October 06, 2019, 10:23:14 PM
Reply #66

Mayor Farnum

Historically we've been atrocious at appointing managers; even in the days when we had all the advantages of being a genuine top club.

October 06, 2019, 10:36:26 PM
Reply #67

Mayor Farnum

The amount of money we have now wasted on hiring and firing Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and probably Silva is ridiculous. Considering Moshiri is intent on 'making a statement', why not offer a Kings ransom to get a proper top class manager in?

Doubt it's a money issue. Our problem is convincing someone who will be able to pick and choose his jobs.

October 07, 2019, 12:48:37 AM
Reply #68

Mayor Farnum

3 year contract @3 mill a season.

Three million quid! Fuckin' Hell no wonder they walk off without a peep when we sack them.

October 07, 2019, 01:23:15 AM
Reply #69

Mayor Farnum

We've got a goal-scoring problem to solve. That will take a few million if we're still in trouble in January.