October 14, 2019, 10:28:45 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125303 times)

May 13, 2019, 12:07:03 AM
Reply #1890

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Got to hope that second half of the season Silva is the real deal, lots of talk post match today about togetherness being vital which is promising.

May 13, 2019, 12:22:17 AM
Reply #1891

hannu

May 13, 2019, 12:25:28 AM
Reply #1892

KoemansNumberTens

Loved his post match interview. Talked about our dreadful away record at spurs and against all the top 6 in recent years and said it wasn’t good enough. Talked about being unhappy with our start. Wanting more than today’s draw and how he’s convinced the players individually and the team as a whole are better now than when the season started

The season in terms of billet points has been on the disappointing side. Shite in the cups and 8th. The thing is though we end the season with some big results against good teams and real hope for the next 1. Shame we didn’t snatch 7th but the optimism is more important at this stage

The good thing about our squad is that it’s easy to make a vast improvement with just 1 signing
Even if we lost the loan players we’ve got players who can come in for them. If we retain gueye and find a good quality striker there’s no reason we can’t be fighting it out with Chelsea arsenal and Utd next season (all be it as the clear underdog)

June 16, 2019, 01:08:58 AM
Reply #1893

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/TiagoEstv/status/1139921290096185344?s=19

Good insight on his tactics in this interview translated from Portuguese. Imagine getting this insight in English media, especially of Everton.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 16, 2019, 02:58:14 AM
Reply #1894

Bluedylan

https://twitter.com/TiagoEstv/status/1139921290096185344?s=19

Good insight on his tactics in this interview translated from Portuguese. Imagine getting this insight in English media, especially of Everton.

He also says in the next tweet...

''Silva also confirmed the club is trying to sign Zouma and André Gomes on permanent deals. He seems to really like Gomes' commitment in practice, ''tactical understanding'' and ability to play different midfield roles. To each their own, I suppose''
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 16, 2019, 03:03:52 AM
Reply #1895

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He also says in the next tweet...

''Silva also confirmed the club is trying to sign Zouma and André Gomes on permanent deals. He seems to really like Gomes' commitment in practice, ''tactical understanding'' and ability to play different midfield roles. To each their own, I suppose''

Yeah saw that.

Good news about Zouma.

This guy tiago has a bit of a long standing anti Gomes thing.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 16, 2019, 03:23:59 AM
Reply #1896

sam of the south

Yeah saw that.

Good news about Zouma.

This guy tiago has a bit of a long standing anti Gomes thing.

Sounds familiar ;)
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

June 16, 2019, 03:46:53 AM
Reply #1897

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds familiar ;)

I like Gomes!

His assist was great. His goal was even better.

June 16, 2019, 04:10:00 AM
Reply #1898

sam of the south

I like Gomes!

Haha, I see what you did there
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

June 16, 2019, 04:49:54 PM
Reply #1899

Thornton_19

I like Gomes!

But think how handsome he looks while contributing very little offensive output?

June 17, 2019, 10:31:01 PM
Reply #1900

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
I like Gomes!

Brilliant, your Richarlison had all the subtlety of a sledge-hammer while this one is delivered with underhand grace. A tactical masterclass!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

June 17, 2019, 10:46:49 PM
Reply #1901

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Brilliant, your Richarlison had all the subtlety of a sledge-hammer while this one is delivered with underhand grace. A tactical masterclass!

Haha I actually love Richarlison, best business the club has done in some time.

I don't feel the need to sugar coat anything with our players though, if they need to improve somewhere they need to improve somewhere. My opinion still just my opinion too, would rather be proven wrong than be miserable but right!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 10:55:17 PM by brap2 »

June 17, 2019, 10:47:52 PM
Reply #1902

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Hate this title...

June 20, 2019, 02:16:42 AM
Reply #1903

Dr. Sponge

Hate this title...
I hate it myself, its hung around like a bad smell for nearly a year. My bad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 31, 2019, 03:48:59 PM
Reply #1904

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/long-read-making-marco-silva-and-luis-boa-morte-managers-a-journey-through-portugal

Good piece here about silva and his time in Portugal.

Very highly thought of over there. Gives you a glimpse into his character off the pitch.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown