October 15, 2019, 04:45:19 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125847 times)

August 01, 2019, 01:52:16 AM
Reply #1905

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 24, 2019, 03:59:13 AM
Reply #1906

Lazarou

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

August 24, 2019, 04:02:59 AM
Reply #1907

Shogun

Administrator
Think Coleman really breaks up the way he wants to play, Sidibe needs to start sooner rather than later.

August 24, 2019, 04:06:40 AM
Reply #1908

stirlingblue

Think Coleman really breaks up the way he wants to play, Sidibe needs to start sooner rather than later.

I feel like people are going to keep making excuses up for Silva by saying that X player means he can’t play the way he wants to

August 24, 2019, 04:08:55 AM
Reply #1909

Shogun

Administrator
I feel like people are going to keep making excuses up for Silva by saying that X player means he can’t play the way he wants to

Maybe, I feel like some people make up excuses to fit their own agenda when we win matches too.

That being said, I still get the feeling that we win games in spite of Silva rather than because of.

August 24, 2019, 04:16:09 AM
Reply #1910

BlueNoseMike

Bore off. Think it's a fair comment. Digne shows how having a top technical full back suits silvas approach.

You could say same about any manager btw. Pep klopp the lot

August 24, 2019, 04:27:01 AM
Reply #1911

Lxxx

Bore off. Think it's a fair comment. Digne shows how having a top technical full back suits silvas approach.

You could say same about any manager btw. Pep klopp the lot

Buying a decent full back doesn’t somehow make it a tactical mastersyrole.

August 24, 2019, 04:29:59 AM
Reply #1912

kerryblue boy

It’s hard to blame Silva when we have three glaring chances and can’t score the only complaint I would have is that he should have taken off dcl instead of Bernard

August 24, 2019, 04:52:09 AM
Reply #1913

Lxxx

Spending £22m on a prettier Morgan Schneiderlin won’t help our cause if we have aspirations to ever control a game of football.

August 24, 2019, 05:32:17 AM
Reply #1914

stirlingblue

It's hard to blame Silva when we have three glaring chances and can't score the only complaint I would have is that he should have taken off dcl instead of Bernard

If we only look like making chances by throwing a bunch of forwards on in a 4-2-4 formation then that’s got to be a worry, surely?

August 24, 2019, 06:53:42 PM
Reply #1915

eyesalwaysblue

Just watched it again, without beer it was even worse, more created after the changes which surely has to be a pointer for the next starting 11, if he stays the same and gets the same level of performance as last night he will be rightly panned, he has more tools, he needs to show he has the tactical brains to use them, don't think he has but must live in hope..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

August 24, 2019, 07:05:57 PM
Reply #1916

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

It’s a fair comment, isn’t it?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 24, 2019, 07:27:46 PM
Reply #1917

Fieldy618

It’s hard to blame Silva when we have three glaring chances and can’t score the only complaint I would have is that he should have taken off dcl instead of Bernard

Agree about the chances, there's nothing he can do about that. He can look at the issue of seemingly all of our play coming from our fullbacks and wingers however. Put simply, we need creativity through the middle. Gylfi isn't showing anywhere near enough in games. It's piss easy for any team to pick up on our play pattern as we create absolutely nothing through the middle. He needs to be accountable on this issue for me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 09:31:11 PM by Fieldy618 »

August 24, 2019, 07:37:53 PM
Reply #1918

stirlingblue

It's a fair comment, isn't it?

Not when he’s had three transfer windows it isn’t, at least in my mind.

A good manager gets the most out of the players at his disposal, not plays to their worst strengths.

Any Everton fan could tell you that as much as we love Coleman, crossing and playing from a standing start are two of his weaknesses. Seems odd to then design a team where our main form of attack is floated passes to his feet and hope something happens.

August 24, 2019, 07:44:10 PM
Reply #1919

Lxxx

Let’s stop making excuses now. He’s paid to find a way of playing that gives us a chance of putting the ball in the opposition net.

Thus far this season in 3 games we have one deflected goal and  not really looked like scoring the rest of the time.

We can’t keep solely blaming DCL for his lack of output.

We’ve got a lot of talented players now. He needs to come up with a way of utilising them effectively, over and above hoofball and repetitive crossing.