October 18, 2019, 09:14:35 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 127137 times)

August 24, 2019, 07:55:56 PM
Reply #1920

KoemansNumberTens

Spending £22m on a prettier Morgan Schneiderlin won’t help our cause if we have aspirations to ever control a game of football.

The brave decision on Gomes would have been to say thanks but no thanks. He really just elegantly does nothing. Decent buy at the price but not really good enough

August 24, 2019, 07:58:28 PM
Reply #1921

Lxxx

The brave decision on Gomes would have been to say thanks but no thanks. He really just elegantly does nothing. Decent buy at the price but not really good enough

I don’t actually think he’s THAT bad a player, he’s just not what we were crying out for.

I think he suffers from playing in a midfield two. You can’t really class Sig as a midfielder as he gives his teammates no assistance whatsoever.

August 24, 2019, 08:06:50 PM
Reply #1922

Ravardo

I dont see that myself he had more good games last season than he did bad, he's able to retain the ball and pass it,, but due to tactics only sideways or backwards, he was cheap enough and technically already bedded in,, weve took a risk signing gbamin as gana's replacement and we couldnt do the same with gomez,, shame we didnt get dacoure or someone as good to replace i prees fresh air sniders

August 24, 2019, 08:07:46 PM
Reply #1923

KoemansNumberTens

I don’t actually think he’s THAT bad a player, he’s just not what we were crying out for.

I think he suffers from playing in a midfield two. You can’t really class Sig as a midfielder as he gives his teammates no assistance whatsoever.

I don’t either. He’s decent but probably no more than that. Plus his limited skill set mains it’s hard to find the players that can play with him

Gomes and sigurdsson together is a nightmare without someone with gueyes defensive numbers.

August 24, 2019, 08:10:40 PM
Reply #1924

KoemansNumberTens

I dont see that myself he had more good games last season than he did bad, he's able to retain the ball and pass it,, but due to tactics only sideways or backwards, he was cheap enough and technically already bedded in,, weve took a risk signing gbamin as gana's replacement and we couldnt do the same with gomez,, shame we didnt get dacoure or someone as good to replace i prees fresh air sniders

We can’t just blame the tactics. Gomes had similar issues at Barcelona they aren’t a bad attacking team. He’s limited. Be fine alongside gueye and a quality playmaker. We lost gueye and sigurdsson is hide and seek champion

August 24, 2019, 08:45:03 PM
Reply #1925

kramer0

Expensive Moyes-ball.

August 24, 2019, 08:59:54 PM
Reply #1926

Lazarou

Expensive Moyes-ball.
Succinct. Elegantly sums it up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

August 24, 2019, 09:05:56 PM
Reply #1927

Ravardo

We can’t just blame the tactics. Gomes had similar issues at Barcelona they aren’t a bad attacking team. He’s limited. Be fine alongside gueye and a quality playmaker. We lost gueye and sigurdsson is hide and seek champion

You say we cant keep blaming tactics but in the first half we had just 16% play through the middle compared to 43% bernards side and 40% colemans and then in the second half it upped to 21% and 35% bernards and 43% colemans and its the same every game

August 24, 2019, 09:15:25 PM
Reply #1928

KoemansNumberTens

You say we cant keep blaming tactics but in the first half we had just 16% play through the middle compared to 43% bernards side and 40% colemans and then in the second half it upped to 21% and 35% bernards and 43% colemans and its the same every game

Maybe we can’t play through the middle cos we’ve a playmaker that hides and 2 others with no bravery in their passing. The players in that midfield are more of a problem than any system

August 24, 2019, 09:36:18 PM
Reply #1929

Fieldy618

Maybe we can’t play through the middle cos we’ve a playmaker that hides and 2 others with no bravery in their passing. The players in that midfield are more of a problem than any system

He shouldn't keep picking Gylfi there then. He obviously knows how limited he is and it seems this is why we are so insistant on playing down the flanks. Either he trys something new in training or he should have looked at bringing in a new playmaker. Pretty sure he's said that he sees Iwobi as more of a wide man too so we're going to have issues unless he comes up with something.

August 24, 2019, 09:39:27 PM
Reply #1930

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair silva seems to have clearly identified flaws and aimed to address them, all our summer  signings are totally different from what we already have. I agree he needs to be getting more out of what we have but he seems to have tightened up the defence compared to last year for a start and I'm hoping the new players will phase out the likes of Schneiderlin and give Sigurddsson a real threat to his place, even Coleman might find he is benched if he doesn't improve Silva has shown he can make those sorts of decisions on occasion.

August 24, 2019, 09:45:26 PM
Reply #1931

sam of the south

I think one of the main problems the CM’s have with forward passing is a lack of intelligent movement ahead of them.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

August 24, 2019, 09:47:08 PM
Reply #1932

KoemansNumberTens

I think one of the main problems the CM’s have with forward passing is a lack of intelligent movement ahead of them.

It’s a perfect storm of shit. DCL poor movement, Sigurdssons fantastic hiding, Gomes and Morgan’s safety first passing. It’s a horrible combination infinitely worse than the sum of the parts

August 24, 2019, 09:49:12 PM
Reply #1933

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair silva seems to have clearly identified flaws and aimed to address them, all our summer  signings are totally different from what we already have. I agree he needs to be getting more out of what we have but he seems to have tightened up the defence compared to last year for a start and I'm hoping the new players will phase out the likes of Schneiderlin and give Sigurddsson a real threat to his place, even Coleman might find he is benched if he doesn't improve Silva has shown he can make those sorts of decisions on occasion.

One thing I don't like is that he talks alot about what is wrong but then doesn't actually do anything about it?

Moves personel around but keeps the 4231 with Gylfi in the 10. Keeps the plodding 2 in midfield.
I
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 24, 2019, 09:58:28 PM
Reply #1934

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
One thing I don't like is that he talks alot about what is wrong but then doesn't actually do anything about it?

Moves personel around but keeps the 4231 with Gylfi in the 10. Keeps the plodding 2 in midfield.
I
[/quote
I'm hoping he sees Gbamin and Delph as first team options as Schneiderlin and Gomes should never play together.