October 16, 2019, 05:27:39 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126171 times)

August 25, 2019, 01:16:36 PM
Reply #1950

SANA_DR0

6 shots on target in 3 games.
:(

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

August 25, 2019, 03:37:43 PM
Reply #1951

penguinofdoom1878

that whoscored has

2 shots on target per game and we have 11 shots a game

Avg. Possession 55.6%
Pass Accuracy 77.5%

all the ball and cant get it anywhere near the target

August 25, 2019, 04:20:56 PM
Reply #1952

gizzblue

Shots on target would be a lot more but we have wasteful row zedders ...a la Walcott and Gylfi of late .

Stats read how you want them to...they dont include the golden ops badly missed .
Born not made a blue .

August 26, 2019, 05:55:30 AM
Reply #1953

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 26, 2019, 06:00:21 AM
Reply #1954

Tony Clifton

6 shots on target in 3 games.
:(

Big Sam's dream playbook? ;)

August 26, 2019, 03:52:11 PM
Reply #1955

stirlingblue

I’ve seen a lot of criticism of Coleman and how he’s holding back Silva’s style but what fullbacks has Silva worked with in the past?

Digne is so good on the ballnthat he’s going to make most look poor by comparison, but I doubt that that Sporting/Olympiakos/hull/Watford had a RB that was better than Coleman

August 26, 2019, 06:06:10 PM
Reply #1956

Lxxx

Yeh, as if not having a world class right back is holding back your whole system and playing style.

August 26, 2019, 06:11:55 PM
Reply #1957

Bluedylan

I get the need to hyper-analyse, and I know people have concerns, but I still think it's OTT. We play well and beat Lincoln and Wolves this week, and all of this stuff goes out of the window, until the next defeat and mass existential crisis.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 26, 2019, 06:23:23 PM
Reply #1958

Lxxx

I get the need to hyper-analyse, and I know people have concerns, but I still think it's OTT. We play well and beat Lincoln and Wolves this week, and all of this stuff goes out of the window, until the next defeat and mass existential crisis.

We haven't played well and beat anyone so far this season. That's the reason for the analysis.

Granted it's only early and it may all suddenly click into place but until it does, and when you continue to see glaringly obvious deficiencies in our play, then it's perfectly reasonable to discuss where we're at.

August 26, 2019, 06:42:34 PM
Reply #1959

sam of the south

I think it’s the paucity of chances created, the predictability in our forward play, and how vulnerable we look through the middle when we’re broken on that is the cause of the overanalysing, BD.

Although, you’re also right: if DCL had buried his chance and Richarlison had got a pen it would’ve been a different game, and we would’ve been talking about a solid away performance. However, I still would’ve been concerned enough by all of the above to want to discuss it ad infinitum, as usual  :bonk:  ;D
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

August 26, 2019, 06:53:12 PM
Reply #1960

Dr. Sponge

Yep true, if we beat Wolves especially then things will look rosy again. He has some work to do with the midfield though, the Gbamin injury has made things really messy.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 26, 2019, 08:47:13 PM
Reply #1961

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think describing at a result by result thing is unfair tbh.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 27, 2019, 07:44:32 PM
Reply #1962

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
I think Kean and Iwobi come into the side against Lincoln, and potentially Wolves if they look ready. Siggy and DCL need dropping and a kick up the backside.

August 27, 2019, 08:26:38 PM
Reply #1963

Waltzer

I think Kean and Iwobi come into the side against Lincoln, and potentially Wolves if they look ready. Siggy and DCL need dropping and a kick up the backside.
Id be tempted to go with Davies and Delph (if fit?) as the 2 and then a 3 of Iwobi,  Bernard and Sig with Kean up tops. Revert back to Morgs instead of Davies for Wolves and maybe Ricky for Bernard?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 28, 2019, 03:39:11 PM
Reply #1964

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Still sure we haven't seen anything like the team he wants to put out (although I'm no closer to knowing what that is!).

Clearly, Iwobi, Kean and the unfortunate Gbamin didn't come here to 'fight for a place'. They came because we offered them first team football and then it will be down to them to hold their place. If you add Delph and Sidibe in the mix then only one of our summer signings has actually started a game and that was probably more down to the red card than tactics.

It is frustrating but I think we have to be patient, it will be interesting to see what our starting 11 is when everyone is up to speed. I'm not sure Sigurdsson is guaranteed a start. I'm hoping we are going to have a more fluid attacking formation and I can't see how he fits into that.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.