October 14, 2019, 03:45:25 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125234 times)

August 28, 2019, 05:17:40 PM
Reply #1965

Lxxx

So the latest piece of analysis of our season to date has found that Sigurdsson has passed the ball to DCL just three times so far.

Now I'm sure we'll get some smart comments on here saying that this in and of itself isn't an issue but when your No 9 and 10 are not only failing to link up but may as well be on different pitches, despite the impressive amount of possession we have had, it raises questions about what our intended game plan actually is.

September 01, 2019, 10:32:18 PM
Reply #1966

Bluedylan

Some positives and negatives (from my perspective) so far -

Good
- Excellent home record developing. Good way to build a season, take pressure off the manager and the team and keep the ST holders sweet is to keep that record going.
- New players contributing in various positive ways.
- Feels like we have a lot more options in the attacking part of the pitch to impact games.
- 7 goals in a few days answers some of the issues that people had with goals/chance creation.
- Excellent mentality in terms of bouncing back from a couple of setbacks quickly (same with Lincoln in midweek(

Bad
- Still too insistent on overloading in wide areas (for me).
- Too slow with substitutions at times, when it feels obvious that a change or two is necessary.
- Team is still a bit reactive rather than proactive for me. Today's game was a chance to go and get that third goal and kill it, and we didn't do that enough, which left us open to a set piece or throw in.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 01, 2019, 10:34:06 PM
Reply #1967

Lxxx

Good
- Excellent home record developing. Good way to build a season, take pressure off the manager and the team and keep the ST holders sweet is to keep that record going.
- Feels like we have a lot more options in the attacking part of the pitch to impact games.
- 7 goals in a few days answers some of the issues that people had with goals/chance creation.
- Excellent mentality in terms of bouncing back from a couple of setbacks quickly (same with Lincoln in midweek(

Bad
- Too slow with substitutions at times, when it feels obvious that a change or two is necessary.
- Team is still a bit reactive rather than proactive for me. Today's game was a chance to go and get that third goal and kill it, and we didn't do that enough, which left us open to a set piece or throw in.

Fair summary.

September 01, 2019, 11:00:45 PM
Reply #1968

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Re the wide positions I thought Sig moved out wide well today.

But when he does we need to make sure the ball goes that way, as that’s where the numerical advantage is.

September 01, 2019, 11:09:35 PM
Reply #1969

stirlingblue

Good

Bad

It’s a good point, although I’d also add that we’re conceding too many big chances.

The defensive record in reality is quite good, but I do worry that it’s a bit of a freak of chance and won’t happen in the long run as Pickford pulls out some amazing saves pretty much every week.

September 01, 2019, 11:10:54 PM
Reply #1970

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Re the wide positions I thought Sig moved out wide well today.

But when he does we need to make sure the ball goes that way, as that’s where the numerical advantage is.

Yeah when he did that and we made use of it we stretched them

September 01, 2019, 11:55:16 PM
Reply #1971

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think its a new tweak seems to have come about maybe end of villa game / midweek?

Sigurdsson is pulling deeper or wider rather than standing on the edge of the box.

Not sure what's allowing him to do it structurally or if he's just doing it, but it worked well today I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 02, 2019, 12:36:18 AM
Reply #1972

Dr. Sponge

Think its a new tweak seems to have come about maybe end of villa game / midweek?

Sigurdsson is pulling deeper or wider rather than standing on the edge of the box.

Not sure what's allowing him to do it structurally or if he's just doing it, but it worked well today I think.
He's only done it since Iwobi and Kean have made the starting lineup. Could be a coincidence or could be because they're more of a goal threat than Bernard and DCL.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 02, 2019, 12:41:05 AM
Reply #1973

bluenuck

Good

Bad

first goal allowed at goodison in ~540 minutes i heard. Not bad at all.

Those "bads" are spot fucking on as well.

September 02, 2019, 01:01:07 AM
Reply #1974

Ravardo

I think part of siggs standing around the box area is because dcl is good in the air and he's always looking for knock downs and since dcl hasnt played he would look even more useless there so has to come deeper

September 15, 2019, 10:19:31 PM
Reply #1975

sam of the south

There you go: Bump
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:23:51 PM by sam of the south »
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 15, 2019, 10:28:49 PM
Reply #1976

eyesalwaysblue

Nothing to see...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 15, 2019, 10:32:22 PM
Reply #1977

Shogun

Administrator
Bin off Coleman for Sidibe and actually have a threat from both full back areas.
Stop playing Schneiderlin ahead of Davies.
Pick Iwobi ahead of Sigurdsson, not Bernard in away games.

September 15, 2019, 10:37:45 PM
Reply #1978

Lxxx

We've all known Coleman, Keane, Schneiderlin and Sig aren't what we need for a long time. The fact they're all still here and even all on the pitch at the same time either disproves the great job Brands has done so far or questions the managers selection and tactics. Or both. It's open for discussion anyway.

September 15, 2019, 10:46:41 PM
Reply #1979

sam of the south

Bin off Coleman for Sidibe and actually have a threat from both full back areas.
Stop playing Schneiderlin ahead of Davies.
Pick Iwobi ahead of Sigurdsson, not Bernard.

Fixed.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau