October 15, 2019, 06:58:12 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125874 times)

September 15, 2019, 10:47:07 PM
Reply #1980

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's Coleman that stresses me out, I want him to still be great but he's not consistently better than average nowadays, Sidibe needs a run, we've seen Keane play well. It's fucking insane that Schneiderlin gets a game, my biggest criticism of silva is that he persists with picking him.

September 15, 2019, 10:49:31 PM
Reply #1981

kerryblue boy

My main problem is how we set up for set plays zonal marking is not for me letting a center half get a run on you plus for a left wing free kick don’t put a left leg player near post Delph should only be there on the other side it’s things like this that have me questioning him

September 15, 2019, 10:52:06 PM
Reply #1982

Lxxx

I'd be thinking about binning off football at the moment for skateboarding if I was Davies.

September 15, 2019, 10:54:12 PM
Reply #1983

Shogun

Administrator
We’ve been sound on set pieces for a while, just because we concede from one doesn’t mean we’re suddenly weak again.

September 15, 2019, 10:56:25 PM
Reply #1984

sam of the south

We've all known Coleman, Keane, Schneiderlin and Sig aren't what we need for a long time. The fact they're all still here and even all on the pitch at the same time either disproves the great job Brands has done so far or questions the managers selection and tactics. Or both. It's open for discussion anyway.

Coleman: Well, Brands got Sidibe in, so we’ll see if Silva has the confidence to try him and let him find his feet.

Keane: Strong rumours suggest that Silva, worryingly, insisted that any new CB had EPL experience. Any CB’s within our reach that aren’t overpriced in this league are pretty mediocre.

Schneiderlin: As average as he is, we’ve still got him, and with Gbamin injured, Gomes injured, Delph likely to get injured, and Gana departed, it might not be a bad thing. Plus, who’s gonna take on those ridiculous wages?

Sigurdsson: Any team that could afford his fee and wages wouldn’t want him. I do feel that if they didn’t fancy Vlasic, they should’ve got another young number 10 in, although maybe that’s Iwobi. I just hope Silva gives him a go.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 15, 2019, 10:58:11 PM
Reply #1985

sam of the south

We’ve been sound on set pieces for a while, just because we concede from one doesn’t mean we’re suddenly weak again.

We conceded from two today.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 15, 2019, 10:58:38 PM
Reply #1986

eyesalwaysblue

Feels like he could be given Norwich and fuck them up..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 15, 2019, 11:01:04 PM
Reply #1987

Lxxx

Coleman: Well, Brands got Sidibe in, so we’ll see if Silva has the confidence to try him and let him find his feet.

Keane: Strong rumours suggest that Silva, worryingly, insisted that any new CB had EPL experience. Any CB’s within our reach that aren’t overpriced in this league are pretty mediocre.

Schneiderlin: As average as he is, we’ve still got him, and with Gbamin injured, Gomes injured, Delph likely to get injured, and Gana departed, it might not be a bad thing. Plus, who’s gonna take on those ridiculous wages?

Sigurdsson: Any team that could afford his fee and wages wouldn’t want him. I do feel that if they didn’t fancy Vlasic, they should’ve got another young number 10 in, although maybe that’s Iwobi. I just hope Silva gives him a go.

When playing four of your weakest players weakens your chance of staying in your job you find a way around it. Or attempt to.

September 15, 2019, 11:01:48 PM
Reply #1988

indiantoffee1975

Chance for Silva to pick up wins away from home - next 3 away games are Burnley, Brighton and Southampton,otherwise you feel it could be curtains for him.

September 15, 2019, 11:02:18 PM
Reply #1989

sam of the south

When playing four of your weakest players weakens your chance of staying in your job you find a way around it. Or attempt to.

Yeah, that’s what I’m saying: picking them is on Silva, with some misfortune and circumstance thrown in.
Henry David Thoreau

September 15, 2019, 11:15:44 PM
Reply #1990

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We've all known Coleman, Keane, Schneiderlin and Sig aren't what we need for a long time. The fact they're all still here and even all on the pitch at the same time either disproves the great job Brands has done so far or questions the managers selection and tactics. Or both. It's open for discussion anyway.
Keane? He was fantastic for us last season.

We did need center back cover that was for sure. Coleman is certainly at the end which is a shame and I’ve never felt great about Sig. schneiderlin was great at the start of his career with us but gone downhill a lot.

I’d agree with the exception of Keane.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 15, 2019, 11:32:58 PM
Reply #1991

Dr. Sponge

We play Bournemouth at Goodison today instead of down there, we win. That's a dead cert.

So we can talk performances all day, do this better do that better, play him there etc, but it's all about the team's mentality. It's all on Silva I'm afraid, he needs to find a solution away from home.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 15, 2019, 11:44:08 PM
Reply #1992

TheTone

Narrow 1 goal win over Sheffield United next week I suppose,  fuck off Everton

September 15, 2019, 11:49:34 PM
Reply #1993

Bluedylan

Yeah, not good enough.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 15, 2019, 11:53:03 PM
Reply #1994

Dr. Sponge

One positive is it seems everyone is shit this season, downward of 2nd.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app