October 14, 2019, 03:16:15 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125336 times)

September 15, 2019, 11:55:16 PM
Reply #1995

KoemansNumberTens

Keane? He was fantastic for us last season.

We did need center back cover that was for sure. Coleman is certainly at the end which is a shame and I’ve never felt great about Sig. schneiderlin was great at the start of his career with us but gone downhill a lot.

I’d agree with the exception of Keane.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

I don’t rate Keane at all. Think it’s very rare he doesn’t look like he’s going to make a mistake. He’s a very average centre half who lacks confidence.

September 15, 2019, 11:55:22 PM
Reply #1996

TheTone

Can you train players not to flap when things go wrong? I dont think you can, too many of ours completely lose their heads

September 16, 2019, 12:00:52 AM
Reply #1997

arteta4spain

I see Keane and Mina and I have palpitations. They just don't fill me with confidence. They look like they're a pass/ moment from making a horrendous mistake.
Yearn for a cb pairing of Jags and Lescott. That's the last time I felt comfortable with the back four.

September 16, 2019, 12:05:59 AM
Reply #1998

sam of the south

Can you train players not to flap when things go wrong? I dont think you can, too many of ours completely lose their heads

I’s confidence and belief.

1. I think being a very good player helps, obviously, and that makes you confident.

2. Then you have to be coached to improve your weaker points.

3. And you have to feel loved, and be motivated.

The first one is mainly on Walsh and Brands.

The last two are on Silva and his coaching staff.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 16, 2019, 12:06:23 AM
Reply #1999

bigdunc9

Hang on. Keane was part of the back 4 that kept 10 clean sheets in 13 games . He's currently a starter in a good England team. 1 bad result we should not be saying that players are not good enough. Every team and every player has an off day, yes it's frustrating and yes I'm pissed of with the result but that's part of football.

September 16, 2019, 12:07:11 AM
Reply #2000

penguinofdoom1878

One positive is it seems everyone is shit this season, downward of 2nd.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

which is why we should be making an absolute go of it, 7 points from 15 is bog average.

£255m in 2 season investment
net of -£160m

should be a better return

next 6 games have 5 extremely winnable games, anything less than cup progression, 10-12 points from the league games and pressure will build on Silva.

September 16, 2019, 12:09:06 AM
Reply #2001

Heisenberg

Nah you can’t dress up Keane for me. Hes well suited to a team who all sit deep. But not good enough for a team with any hope of Europe qualification. Not bringing in a cb in the window was criminal

September 16, 2019, 12:10:48 AM
Reply #2002

kerryblue boy

For the third goal Keane is so out of position it’s criminal nearly tempted to say give holgate a go

September 16, 2019, 12:23:33 AM
Reply #2003

arteta4spain

Criminal we didn’t get a cb in. I wasn’t confident at the start of the season. We really miss Zouma.

September 16, 2019, 12:33:12 AM
Reply #2004

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Is it criminal yeah?
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 16, 2019, 12:47:07 AM
Reply #2005

Shogun

Administrator
We conceded from two today.

Would love to know how the second one was anything to do with set up?

September 16, 2019, 12:47:40 AM
Reply #2006

Waltzer

Keane shouts and defensive woes could be seen a mile off, that why i dared question Brands recruitment policy. Silva made it clear we needed another centre back, it never got delivered. Yes there is coaching but you cant polish a turd

September 16, 2019, 01:09:38 AM
Reply #2007

Shogun

Administrator
Keane has always been the same.

If things are going well and we're winning games and have a solid shape then he's absolutely fine and looks quality. First sign of anything going untoward and he loses the plot.

September 16, 2019, 01:15:36 AM
Reply #2008

Mayor Farnum

Of course you can. You have players in the side that recognise the signs early and for 10/15 minutes they circle the wagons. Let's walk before we can run, or before we know it our season will be over.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 16, 2019, 01:29:04 AM
Reply #2009

Lxxx

Zouma made Keane play well. Some partnerships bring the best out of each other.

I don’t think Keane/Mina is one of those.