October 17, 2019, 12:43:52 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126710 times)

September 16, 2019, 01:31:18 AM
Reply #2010

UnsyisaRhino

Keane has always been the same.

If things are going well and we're winning games and have a solid shape then he's absolutely fine and looks quality. First sign of anything going untoward and he loses the plot.

100% right and unfortunately, looking at today's game he's far from the only one.

September 16, 2019, 01:32:06 AM
Reply #2011

Toddacelli

I don’t rate Keane at all. Think it’s very rare he doesn’t look like he’s going to make a mistake. He’s a very average centre half who lacks confidence.

Don't think he's all that bad. Always preferred Tarkowski although I've not actually seen many of his games tbf

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 16, 2019, 01:33:36 AM
Reply #2012

Mayor Farnum

The lack of surprise at the result and performance is probably the biggest indictment of Silva and Brands.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 16, 2019, 01:44:05 AM
Reply #2013

sam of the south

Keane has always been the same.

If things are going well and we're winning games and have a solid shape then he's absolutely fine and looks quality. First sign of anything going untoward and he loses the plot.

I think he looked stable when he had Zouma’s bit of pace alongside him; that gave him confidence, which reflected in his positioning, physicality, and passing.

Now that he hasn’t got that security he looks average at best.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 16, 2019, 01:47:47 AM
Reply #2014

sam of the south

Would love to know how the second one was anything to do with set up?

There’s probably a bit of panic from Delph because he lacked confidence in what was behind him, after the awful set up for their first goal
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 16, 2019, 02:31:09 AM
Reply #2015

penguinofdoom1878

Zouma made Keane play well. Some partnerships bring the best out of each other.

I don’t think Keane/Mina is one of those.

you can also say Keane made Zouma play well, given Zouma's 5 and a half appearances for Chelsea they have conceded 13 goals. In Keane 6 for Everton we have conceded 9.

September 16, 2019, 02:34:01 AM
Reply #2016

eyesalwaysblue

I think he looked stable when he had Zouma’s bit of pace alongside him; that gave him confidence, which reflected in his positioning, physicality, and passing.

Now that he hasn’t got that security he looks average at best.
Always been the same, needs his hand holding, Ben Mee did that job at Burnley..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 16, 2019, 03:34:58 AM
Reply #2017

mikey_blue

Got to find a way to start playing the ball through the middle. There’s only so many teams playing crosses and cutbacks work against. We’re playing right into CB’s hands with floated crosses, just to be cleared then repeating the process until we inevitably lose the ball and give teams chances in good areas.

Got to find ways how to get the striker running onto balls against he keeper.

September 16, 2019, 03:42:28 AM
Reply #2018

Lxxx

Got to find a way to start playing the ball through the middle. There’s only so many teams playing crosses and cutbacks work against. We’re playing right into CB’s hands with floated crosses, just to be cleared then repeating the process until we inevitably lose the ball and give teams chances in good areas.

Got to find ways how to get the striker running onto balls against he keeper.

This isn’t a new problem though. It’s been clear for a long time but we still persevere with the same formation and selection.

September 16, 2019, 03:45:28 AM
Reply #2019

mikey_blue

This isn't a new problem though. It's been clear for a long time but we still persevere with the same formation and selection.

That’s the worst thing about it. We’ve been a team unable to provide strikers with quality chances since maybe Martinez’s first season.

September 16, 2019, 03:46:01 AM
Reply #2020

toshyboy

Not to have a direct pop at him, but dint think Siggy style fits in to what we want to do, but he seems to be accomodated every week. A flat 3 from left to right of Delph, Gomes and Davies gives a lot more energy and “box to boxness” in the midfield, which for me is what we want. High press, quick turnover and train of thought to feed the pace in front 3 to break. With Siggy good player, but his natural style of play slows us down as a team

September 16, 2019, 04:13:53 AM
Reply #2021

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
So boring with his team selections and the way we play.

Been the same style and system from day one.

Can’t quite believe we’re still going into games with Sigurdsson, Morgan and DCL starting.

On one part it’s brands fault, but on the other, there’s other options there.

Kean for DCL
Davies for Morgan
And change the system to get Sigurdsson out and Bernard in.

Walcott still being the go to option from the bench is depressing as well.

Do something brave and fresh or be out the job by the New Year.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 16, 2019, 04:18:21 AM
Reply #2022

sam of the south

So boring with his team selections and the way we play.

Been the same style and system from day one.

Can’t quite believe we’re still going into games with Sigurdsson, Morgan and DCL starting.

On one part it’s brands fault, but on the other, there’s other options there.

Kean for DCL
Davies for Morgan
And change the system to get Sigurdsson out and Bernard in.

Walcott still being the go to option from the bench is depressing as well.

Do something brave and fresh or be out the job by the New Year.

Can’t fault that
Henry David Thoreau

September 16, 2019, 04:24:00 AM
Reply #2023

Shogun

Administrator
Can see why he was so desperate to keep Gana in January can't you.

Not his fault Gbamin is injured like.

September 16, 2019, 04:45:44 AM
Reply #2024

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I guess you can have any old system if you have some sorta superhuman tackle machine racking up league-best level tackles, interceptions and recoveries.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.