October 16, 2019, 01:54:14 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126108 times)

September 16, 2019, 04:47:56 AM
Reply #2025

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I guess you can have any old system if you have some sorta superhuman tackle machine racking up league-best level tackles, interceptions and recoveries.

Think Aston Villa fans would disagree with that.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 16, 2019, 04:49:45 AM
Reply #2026

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think Aston Villa fans would disagree with that.

Exception to every rule etc
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 16, 2019, 04:53:09 AM
Reply #2027

markB

I guess you can have any old system if you have some sorta superhuman tackle machine racking up league-best level tackles, interceptions and recoveries.

and still lose away form home

September 16, 2019, 05:01:11 AM
Reply #2028

Bluedylan

He has got to do better like, no question. We might have imbalances and issues with the squad, but no way should we be meekly losing to Villa and Bournemouth away given the money we've spent and the fact that we have markedly better squads than both those clubs.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 16, 2019, 05:28:14 AM
Reply #2029

ally2

September 16, 2019, 05:38:53 AM
Reply #2030

Shogun

Administrator

Morgan?

September 16, 2019, 12:11:35 PM
Reply #2031

bluenuck

Got to find a way to start playing the ball through the middle. There’s only so many teams playing crosses and cutbacks work against. We’re playing right into CB’s hands with floated crosses, just to be cleared then repeating the process until we inevitably lose the ball and give teams chances in good areas.

Got to find ways how to get the striker running onto balls against he keeper.

One way. Play Davies and keane.

September 16, 2019, 12:40:03 PM
Reply #2032

Lxxx

Gana really did keep him in a job last season.

He now hasn’t a clue how to adapt. Painful to watch.

September 16, 2019, 01:09:06 PM
Reply #2033

GrantyBoy78

Gana really did keep him in a job last season.

He now hasn't a clue how to adapt. Painful to watch.
Good players tend to keep managers in jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

September 16, 2019, 01:13:59 PM
Reply #2034

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think if we win that the discussion today is very different but that's the prem I suppose.

Not looking forward to the club going into transition again and us rolling the dice again, and he will probably do enough this year to get 8th, maybe maybe 7th if he does well, and that won't be enough to cost him the job but, it's just frustrating isn't it.

Same old, same old. Quite embarrassing I think really, the amount we spend and these players we put together and the way we see the club from the inside and yet we continuously shoot ourselves in the foot like that yesterday.

Another massive opportunity missed given the start of the season fixtures we've had - that Christmas period is going to be a bit of rocky road for him I think.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 16, 2019, 01:16:06 PM
Reply #2035

eyesalwaysblue

One way. Play Davies and keane.
Be a start at least but he has a lot to do tactically to prove he has what it takes to manage us successfully, constant feel of winging it won't go away...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 16, 2019, 01:30:37 PM
Reply #2036

bluenuck

Think if we win that the discussion today is very different but that's the prem I suppose.

Not looking forward to the club going into transition again and us rolling the dice again, and he will probably do enough this year to get 8th, maybe maybe 7th if he does well, and that won't be enough to cost him the job but, it's just frustrating isn't it.

Same old, same old. Quite embarrassing I think really, the amount we spend and these players we put together and the way we see the club from the inside and yet we continuously shoot ourselves in the foot like that yesterday.

Another massive opportunity missed given the start of the season fixtures we've had - that Christmas period is going to be a bit of rocky road for him I think.

He’s not going anywhere unless we are really in the ditch after Christmas. And honestly, even though I don’t like him, I don’t think we should let him go. We need to stop firing all these coaches after 1-2 seasons. I don’t know how payouts work but aren’t we still paying koeman and allardyce?? And the roll over with players is horrendous.

Our Biggest problem is is we gotta stop hiring these melons.

September 16, 2019, 01:50:11 PM
Reply #2037

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He’s not going anywhere unless we are really in the ditch after Christmas. And honestly, even though I don’t like him, I don’t think we should let him go. We need to stop firing all these coaches after 1-2 seasons. I don’t know how payouts work but aren’t we still paying koeman and allardyce?? And the roll over with players is horrendous.

Our Biggest problem is is we gotta stop hiring these melons.

Yeah agree I think. Change this year and we just have another wobbly transition season, plus you'd likely lose Richarlisons head and we could do with a decent year out of him tbh.

Just try and get through the disappointing ones like yesterday and I think we'll do about enough for 8th, so like I say unless christmas is a real rocky road he probably won't lose his job.

Would I rather we just made a good informed decision first time round sure but we are where we are and we can still have a fun season we just need adjust those expectations again.

September 16, 2019, 02:00:40 PM
Reply #2038

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We are one point off third place (but so are five other clubs)

September 16, 2019, 02:50:36 PM
Reply #2039

Alanvideo

We are one point off third place (but so are five other clubs)
....................the worrying thing is we have yet again failed to take enough points from a winnable run of games.
1 goal and 1 point from 3 aways  We've played some nice footy but there has been zero progress as a team.
We are special ,we are Everton.