October 17, 2019, 12:33:51 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126703 times)

September 16, 2019, 02:54:55 PM
Reply #2040

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
We are one point off third place (but so are five other clubs)

Played crap teams though so should be higher
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 16, 2019, 03:04:00 PM
Reply #2041

KoemansNumberTens

Gana really did keep him in a job last season.

He now hasn’t a clue how to adapt. Painful to watch.

Can’t believe people thought selling him was good business and a chance to improve. He was our best player and the only way Gomes and sigurdsson worked
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 03:08:29 PM by KoemansNumberTens »

September 16, 2019, 03:12:15 PM
Reply #2042

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
His replacement is injured so it’s impossible to judge if we’re better without him at the moment.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 16, 2019, 03:54:30 PM
Reply #2043

Lxxx

Good players tend to keep managers in jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Thanks. I’ve just said that.

September 16, 2019, 03:59:48 PM
Reply #2044

Waltzer

Can't believe people thought selling him was good business and a chance to improve. He was our best player and the only way Gomes and sigurdsson worked
Horses for courses isn't it, when we win we'll be better off without him and when we lose vice versa, fact is we didn't tear up trees with him here and he's not anymore, so move on. Gbamin injury was unfortunate, although it was hard to ascertain if he was an adequate replacement or not.
Losing Rom was much more significant than this, but the similarities are there in that neither wanted to stay

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 16, 2019, 04:48:14 PM
Reply #2045

KoemansNumberTens

His replacement is injured so it’s impossible to judge if we’re better without him at the moment.

Think that’s very hopeful. We’ve sold a defensive midfielder with outlandish numbers to PSG. You have to be a massive optimist to think his replacement might be even better

September 16, 2019, 04:54:28 PM
Reply #2046

Dr. Sponge

It could change as the season goes on, but as it stands now we look like a team that's spent a lot of money to stand still.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 16, 2019, 04:58:53 PM
Reply #2047

Waltzer

Think that's very hopeful. We've sold a defensive midfielder with outlandish numbers to PSG. You have to be a massive optimist to think his replacement might be even better
Don't think that was the point, he wasn't saying he's better, just that we might be better with his replacement?

September 16, 2019, 05:01:39 PM
Reply #2048

Cereal Killer

It could change as the season goes on, but as it stands now we look like a team that's spent a lot of money to stand still.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

This statement gets thrown around a lot, like nobody else spends anything to improve themselves

Our net spend was less than City, United, Arsenal, Spurs and Wolves

The shite didn’t need to do much to their squad

Chelsea have a transfer ban

So who exactly are we out spending to overtake??

September 16, 2019, 05:01:46 PM
Reply #2049

Jamokachi

I think it's very early days to be making lots of these calls. The team has gone through significant change again this summer, and we saw how that means time to gel. We've got an exceptionally strong home record to build on, a strong (albeit recently shaky) defensive platform and have added some quality in the players we've signed. Yes the 2 away defeats are poor, and we need to be winning those games if we're to push on for top 6, but like I say, we need time to gel.

Silva proved he could look at an issue and come up with a solution when we were shipping set piece goals last season. So let's see if he can solve this issue too.

September 16, 2019, 05:07:28 PM
Reply #2050

Waltzer

I think it's very early days to be making lots of these calls. The team has gone through significant change again this summer, and we saw how that means time to gel. We've got an exceptionally strong home record to build on, a strong (albeit recently shaky) defensive platform and have added some quality in the players we've signed. Yes the 2 away defeats are poor, and we need to be winning those games if we're to push on for top 6, but like I say, we need time to gel.

Silva proved he could look at an issue and come up with a solution when we were shipping set piece goals last season. So let's see if he can solve this issue too.
Not having that, it was only Delph and Iwobi that started yesterday that were new. Everyone else has been there a minimum of 1 year that started, if they can't gel in that time it's worrying and it's not like either of the 2 starters are new to the league.

September 16, 2019, 05:12:24 PM
Reply #2051

Jamokachi

Not having that, it was only Delph and Iwobi that started yesterday that were new. Everyone else has been there a minimum of 1 year that started, if they can't gel in that time it's worrying and it's not like either of the 2 starters are new to the league.

New centre back pairing (how many times have they played together, handful?). New centre midfield partnership. New wide attacker. Like it or not, it's a very changed team.

September 16, 2019, 05:18:01 PM
Reply #2052

Waltzer

New centre back pairing (how many times have they played together, handful?). New centre midfield partnership. New wide attacker. Like it or not, it's a very changed team.
If we are struggling with these fundamentals then it is worrying, didn't Villa sign about 20 players and beat us relatively easy, why do others find it so easy to do? We're an established professional team, simple things like this should be a formality. Yes the cb pairing is new, but they should be aware of the style, system and one another after the best part of 14 months training together?

September 16, 2019, 06:05:02 PM
Reply #2053

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Stand still? That's not what it looks like to me..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 16, 2019, 06:17:40 PM
Reply #2054

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Silva out graffiti on the side of the ground apparently
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.