October 14, 2019, 03:59:40 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125241 times)

September 16, 2019, 06:19:55 PM
Reply #2055

Macca77

September 16, 2019, 06:47:30 PM
Reply #2056

Heisenberg

Silva out graffiti on the side of the ground apparently

Liverpool fans obviously. Not having that anyone is that firm on ‘Silva out’ at the minute

September 16, 2019, 07:02:41 PM
Reply #2057

stirlingblue

Liverpool fans obviously. Not having that anyone is that firm on "Silva out' at the minute

September 16, 2019, 07:13:01 PM
Reply #2058

Lxxx

I think it's very early days to be making lots of these calls. The team has gone through significant change again this summer, and we saw how that means time to gel. We've got an exceptionally strong home record to build on, a strong (albeit recently shaky) defensive platform and have added some quality in the players we've signed. Yes the 2 away defeats are poor, and we need to be winning those games if we're to push on for top 6, but like I say, we need time to gel.

Silva proved he could look at an issue and come up with a solution when we were shipping set piece goals last season. So let's see if he can solve this issue too.

What are we actually waiting on to gel? We've not got a new system. We've not got a new style of play, or any new tactics. The back four were all here last year. The two new midfield additions have both been out injured and the new kid up top hasn't had that many minutes either. It looks like the 'significant change' you refer to is just attempting to play the same way but with an inferior player in place of Gana.

So far it's not been good enough, full stop. Let's just say it as it is and not try to overplay the mitigating factors.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 07:14:09 PM by Lxxx »

September 16, 2019, 07:56:18 PM
Reply #2059

sam of the south

https://twitter.com/TheKendallEnd/status/1173547752535580672

I'm more pissed off with the picture of Mike Walker

Underneath a photo of the peerless (hopefully) Mike Walker.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 16, 2019, 08:10:52 PM
Reply #2060

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Liverpool fans obviously. Not having that anyone is that firm on "Silva out' at the minute
Why would they want him out though?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 16, 2019, 09:06:27 PM
Reply #2061

markB

might be that they see the next one as just as bad

as he plays 4231 every game

September 16, 2019, 09:18:41 PM
Reply #2062

Heisenberg

What I meant . Was that I can’t imagine that anyone would be ‘Silva out’ enough to go and graffiti our own stadium. If they really are though it’s possibly one of the biggest knee jerks Iv seen. And it also makes you a gobshite

Edit: just to clarify. You as in you who defaced our stadium. Not you blarg haha.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:23:18 PM by Heisenberg »

September 16, 2019, 11:08:00 PM
Reply #2063

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
What I meant . Was that I can’t imagine that anyone would be ‘Silva out’ enough to go and graffiti our own stadium. If they really are though it’s possibly one of the biggest knee jerks Iv seen. And it also makes you a gobshite

Edit: just to clarify. You as in you who defaced our stadium. Not you blarg haha.

ahah I knew what you meant. I was just kidding. Redshite fans would be delighted we have Silva. I know I would be if I was one.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 16, 2019, 11:41:46 PM
Reply #2064

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Some fella on twitter reckons silva was a hairs breadth away last season, but the derby performance and form afterwards earned him a stay. Reckons a deal was worked out with his successor, and hinted at a ginger fella... 

Moyes? Dyche? Koeman back?!

I'd keep silva over any of that tbh.

I personally reckon he *might* go this year.. I'd personally wait til. Tuchel gets binbagged by PSG, but I reckon Moshiri would go for Howe you know.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 16, 2019, 11:49:17 PM
Reply #2065

Waltzer

Some fella on twitter reckons silva was a hairs breadth away last season, but the derby performance and form afterwards earned him a stay. Reckons a deal was worked out with his successor, and hinted at a ginger fella... 

I personally reckon he *might* go this year.. I'd personally wait til. Tuchel gets binbagged by PSG, but I reckon Moshiri would go for Howe you know.
This is the worry from me is who's next. Can't see Tuchel coming anywhere near us. I don't know why but I could see it being Mourinho, but I'd give up if we got Moyes or Dyche

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 17, 2019, 12:08:11 AM
Reply #2066

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Personally think that fella is chatting a big load of whammy wham wham.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 17, 2019, 12:15:25 AM
Reply #2067

KoemansNumberTens

I’d take dyche over him. His teams have fight, are organised and most importantly better than the sum of the parts. I know we are too good for his type of football but unfortunately that doesn’t translate to performances

September 17, 2019, 12:15:28 AM
Reply #2068

Heisenberg

I think we can still get Europe even with our awful away record. It is all down to our home form though. Don’t win two games on the bounce at home and you’re looking at 4 games without a win, that’s when the pressure starts on Silva

September 17, 2019, 12:30:22 AM
Reply #2069

Mayor Farnum

Can't be doing with another mid season sacking.
Got to give Silva the full season at least.
Something clever written by someone else.