October 17, 2019, 12:07:17 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126689 times)

September 17, 2019, 12:35:28 AM
Reply #2070

KoemansNumberTens

Can't be doing with another mid season sacking.
Got to give Silva the full season at least.

I’m not sure it even matters anymore. We seem to have little ability to pick a good manager anyway. Give him this season and next then move onto the next disappointment without having to pay this 1 off

September 17, 2019, 12:37:17 AM
Reply #2071

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Dyche? Have a word lads
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 17, 2019, 12:39:01 AM
Reply #2072

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Struggling to be arsed tbh.

He keeps playing exactly the same set up and just rotating players, just like he did last year. Would like to see a bit of adaptation and flexibility tbh, and away from home he needs to find a way of having a bit of control on the game, these shoot outs relying on individual quality to win out arent taking us anywhere fast.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2019, 12:46:53 AM
Reply #2073

Mayor Farnum

I’m not sure it even matters anymore. We seem to have little ability to pick a good manager anyway. Give him this season and next then move onto the next disappointment without having to pay this 1 off

It's got to be more than coincidence that apart from a two year spell with basically the same team thirty odd years ago we haven't found one top manager.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 17, 2019, 12:51:23 AM
Reply #2074

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's got to be more than coincidence that apart from a two year spell with basically the same team thirty odd years ago we haven't found one top manager.

Moyes was a top manager
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2019, 01:17:05 AM
Reply #2075

KoemansNumberTens

Jury’s out on silva if we are being kind. The 3 before that were train wrecks. Managers I genuinely believe could destroy a club if allowed the time

Koeman really didn’t give a shit. Didn’t put the hours in and transfer policy seemed to be on the season befores fantasy football points

Martinez lunatic. Absolutely no substance to the ideas he expertly sold and he thought positivity was making the most outlandish statements

Allardyce dated and confrontational.

I really don’t know how you manage to appoint them 3 back to back at such great expense

September 17, 2019, 01:27:56 AM
Reply #2076

stirlingblue

It’s all getting a bit depressing in here, so let’s try and cheer things up a bit.

If you swap Villa for Fulham we’re 4 points better off than we were last season in the same five fixtures.

September 17, 2019, 01:36:30 AM
Reply #2077

KoemansNumberTens

It’s all getting a bit depressing in here, so let’s try and cheer things up a bit.

If you swap Villa for Fulham we’re 4 points better off than we were last season in the same five fixtures.

We are gaining .8 of a point per game then. Gives us another 30 points and puts us in probably 3rd. Great news

September 17, 2019, 01:47:40 AM
Reply #2078

sam of the south

If Moshiri was hellbent on getting Moyes, Dyche, or even Howe, Brands would walk.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 17, 2019, 01:50:30 AM
Reply #2079

Mayor Farnum

Moyes was a top manager

Yes fair enough, maybe I meant we can't find a manager that can win significantly more games than he loses.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 17, 2019, 02:12:05 AM
Reply #2080

KoemansNumberTens

If Moshiri was hellbent on getting Moyes, Dyche, or even Howe, Brands would walk.

Bit of a myth is brands work so far.

September 17, 2019, 02:30:30 AM
Reply #2081

sam of the south

Bit of a myth is brands work so far.

You think?

None of his signings are dragging us down.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 17, 2019, 02:37:20 AM
Reply #2082

Waltzer

You think?

Take Digne out and which ones are propelling us up?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 17, 2019, 02:51:21 AM
Reply #2083

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He’s done a very good job.

His remit was to lower the age of the squad, lower the wage bill, whilst adding quality and he’s done that.

In the short term though, he hasn’t given silva the squad needed to achieve our goals. He hasn’t given the manager the left footed wide man or centre half that he wanted, so he has to take part of the blame for that.

Make no mistake though, it’s players form previous regimes that are the problem.

Keane, Sigurdsson, Morgan and Coleman shouldn’t be starting games on the regular for us, and I suppose you can’t completely overhaul the team in a twelve month period.

He’s all long term thinking and it’s what we need after the Koeman/Walsh era. But the short term has been neglected somewhat.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 17, 2019, 02:54:08 AM
Reply #2084

KoemansNumberTens

You think?

Hardly building a functioning team though are we. Still had to wait a year for a forward and unless kean hits the ground running you’ve got to ask questions if it was wise going with youth. Shouldn’t have bothered with Gomes either for me

It’s not really about the individuals though. We’ve signed some good players but we aren’t any closer to a functioning team and I find it hard to solely blame silva