November 13, 2019, 05:02:36 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 140590 times)

Silas and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 06, 2019, 01:32:07 AM
Reply #60

Waltzer

He wouldn't.

He'd struggle to work alongside a director of football as he wants complete control.
Disagree, he had hardly any control at Newcastle and doubt he did at Madrid or Chelsea. I don't know if its changed, but his family still live on Merseyside and I bet he'd give his right bollock to move back

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 06, 2019, 10:38:01 PM
Reply #61

Waltzer

Arent manager wages and compensation buttons compared to what income the club has with the tv deals? I dont see it as an issue.
I think that's generally correct, however, with us our outgoings as a proportion of our incoming is massive, and more than most clubs in the league, it isn't really sustainably. So continuing to pay managers that we sack wont help that position

October 06, 2019, 10:45:50 PM
Reply #62

Waltzer

Yes Silva does talk joined-up bubbles in his interviews.

Agreed, what the fuck is Mike Walker's face doing on our stadium?

Welcome to the forum.
I've never got the Mike Walker thing, name me another club that would seemingly celebrate one of the worst ever managerial appointments, someone who only won 6 out of 35 games?

October 06, 2019, 10:51:53 PM
Reply #63

Waltzer

Well, Brands has actually turned around the wage bill after the last window, so consequently we will be in pretty rosy financial shape after the next load of bloated contracts expire.
Has he, who have we got rid of that was on a healthy wage? The only one I can think of are Rooney, the others like Bolasie, Sandro etc are out on loan so we'll still be contributing a fair bit

October 07, 2019, 12:10:21 AM
Reply #64

Waltzer

Yes we have had a terrible start, but look at the results this weekend to get some perspective. Spurs lost 3-0 at Brighton, City lost 2-0 at home to Wolves, Newcastle are beating United, West Ham lost at home to Palace. All might be considered shocks, we are not the only team struggling for form.

Sorry if people think I am clutching at straws, but sometimes we do need to step back and look at the wider picture. This league gets stronger by the year, and I haven't ever seen it so competitive (excluding Liverpool and City).

The next 2 league games are absolutely huge for Silva and I believe it will make or break his career with us. West Ham at home is a must win now for him, and he also needs something at Brighton, which will be extremely difficult, otherwise I fear he won't be with us for much longer.
But we're in the bottom 3 and look shocking, we've probably had the easiest start to the season ever. When Koeman got sacked we started off with the top 6 teams from the previous season in the first 8 games or something like that, this hasn't been the case for Silva.  I think we're in a bit of trouble this season

October 07, 2019, 01:02:00 AM
Reply #65

Waltzer

Think he's got less than 2 years left, he only signed for 3 years when we appointed him

October 07, 2019, 05:26:12 PM
Reply #66

Waltzer

Don't completely understand what all of this means but I'm guessing that it says based on xG we should be 10th currently

Obviously doesn't paint the full picture that we're fucking clueless and spineless

Doesn't this essentially mean we're toothless?

October 07, 2019, 05:42:08 PM
Reply #67

Waltzer

It means we're uncreative if xg gives us only draws against the mediocre to poor sides we've played so far.

It means we're also toothless, yes, and shaky, and a bit porous.
That's a pretty decent combination all round then!!!

October 07, 2019, 08:00:46 PM
Reply #68

Waltzer

Some sides have a front three that interchange, that would allow Richarlison to play on the left and right during games.  We have the players to do it, Kean, Richarlison, Bernard, Iwobi and DCL but not the manager.
But of all the players you listed I doubt they even scored combined as  many as what Kane got on his own last season, so have we really got the players to score us goals and play that formation?

October 07, 2019, 11:27:55 PM
Reply #69

Waltzer

Stats are pretty useless, the league table doesn't lie.

Just noticed our -7 goal difference, fucking shocking!
I thought - 7 was relatively good considering we're the equivalent of a sieve at the back and about as sharp as blancmange up top

October 27, 2019, 01:12:00 AM
Reply #70

Waltzer

Wouldn't surprise me either if he lasted the season but he should be already gone

Lost 5 of the last 6. Could be in the bottom 3 come this time tomorrow. Never won from behind. Lost more than he's won with us. Sacked by Watford and relegated with hull (so it's not like he's an amazing history to convince us)

Him still being here is a stain on brands and Moshiri. He's the wrong man. What's the point of us muddling through further. Does he get more time if spurs beat us too?  If that happens Southampton and whom ever is after that are both must win. Wasting another international break in between I think? It's gone too far now
I think he'll get to Christmas at least, no manager worth their salt would want to come into this without the opportunity of getting their own players in to help. I suspect individuals have been informed of might be coming up and they'll be reviewing the squad, but doubt they'd want it before the Jan transfer window?

November 08, 2019, 09:20:38 PM
Reply #71

Waltzer

What are we thinking then, does he survive if we lose tomorrow and drop back into the bottom 3? Surely it's not a hard decision anymore
I don't see how he can survive personally, a win potentially changes the dynamic and we're mid table looking up. A loss and we're going into the international break in deep shit