October 14, 2019, 02:59:34 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125200 times)

September 17, 2019, 07:03:33 PM
Reply #2100

hannu

i dont expect miracles, i just want the nightmare to end

September 17, 2019, 07:05:01 PM
Reply #2101

KoemansNumberTens

We need to keep doing what we’re doing. I think Brands has done very well in the space of a year and it was never something that could be done in such a short space of time.

The next league up of manager of the likes of Emery and Arsenal fans don’t seem to be too excited by him so far.

Getting rid of Silva is a mistake at present. We need to play the long term game and that might mean another season or so of averageness. Sacking the manager so often is what has been killing us of late.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Sacking managers isn’t the problem. The problem has been employing inept managers who then needed sacking

September 17, 2019, 07:18:06 PM
Reply #2102

Jamokachi

Hardly a fucking nightmare ya weirdo.

September 17, 2019, 07:20:32 PM
Reply #2103

hannu

Hardly a fucking nightmare ya weirdo.

fuck off ya quegg

September 17, 2019, 07:33:38 PM
Reply #2104

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Sacking managers isn’t the problem. The problem has been employing inept managers who then needed sacking

Who can we expect to get who would do the job? We wanted Emery, but he's struggling at Arsenal even.

I think we were hoping Silva would be another Pocc. Right place at the right time. Who knows, may still get there.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 17, 2019, 07:37:24 PM
Reply #2105

Macca77

I don't expect miracles, I just expect us to actually compete against the more average teams when we play them away

September 17, 2019, 08:10:14 PM
Reply #2106

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
To be fair we did compete. Fairly even game for all the wham about Bournemouths style of play etc.

It was standard silva - shoot out relying on quality and errors, we make the errors we lose, we have a bit more quality we win etc.

No control over the game, despite having lots of the ball we don't create much and are wide open on the break. Another like villa where if you play it again 100 times we win 33 lose 33 draw 33 or whatever.

Edit - same goes for the ones weve won an all to be fair.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:13:57 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2019, 08:16:08 PM
Reply #2107

KoemansNumberTens

To be fair we did compete. Fairly even game for all the wham about Bournemouths style of play etc.

It was standard silva - shoot out relying on quality and errors, we make the errors we lose, we have a bit more quality we win etc.

No control over the game, despite having lots of the ball we don't create much and are wide open on the break. Another like villa where if you play it again 100 times we win 33 lose 33 draw 33 or whatever.

Edit - same goes for the ones weve won an all to be fair.

So his tactic is to just have better players and hope we don’t make errors. Surely if we pay more for better players we should pay enough for a manager who’s tactics are more than just that

September 17, 2019, 08:22:08 PM
Reply #2108

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So his tactic is to just have better players and hope we don’t make errors. Surely if we pay more for better players we should pay enough for a manager who’s tactics are more than just that

Well, it's my simplistic view of him yeah, and it's on silva to show he's more than that imo. Not just put his hand out and say "Doucoure" in January.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 17, 2019, 08:55:21 PM
Reply #2109

D15TIN

what?

September 17, 2019, 08:57:54 PM
Reply #2110

D15TIN

Some crap posted on here, sacking Silva gets us absolutely nowhere - we have to correct the defence, especially away from home, become hard to beat again. It isn't as bad as some on here are making out.

I would say he was let down a little by no CB, and probably a full back and striker short - the squad is incomplete

September 17, 2019, 09:48:22 PM
Reply #2111

arteta4spain

I think it's a bit of both tbh. He's been hampered by the lack of signings but he really shouldn't have gone on the quota of "epl experience” I understand that as it will feel eaiser to bed them in etc and that's fair enough but you're hampering yourself and not allowing the club to get decent or even top players as they don't fit your remit. Surely though it's his job and the coaching staff to train the players to how he wants to see them play. I know it's generalising but it can't be that difficult for non prem players to adapt especially if they are of a decent/ high standard. It feels a little lazy from Silva that.
And he's also supposed to be able to utilise the players he's got to play a decent standard of football.
But it's not just Silva it's been like that since Moyes left tbh.  I know a lot of people on here didn't like him but you can't deny that he could get average players playing for each other and the shirt and give 100%. We've now got a bunch of half assed players and they lose their bottle as soon as the going gets tough.
Keane springs to mind. He's a ticking time bomb. As soon as we go behind or he makes a costly mistake his head goes. Mina is just a mistake waiting to happen. Last time I had confidence in a back four was when we had Coleman Jags Lescott and Baines. Two have gone one can't get a game and the other is looking like he's lost it.
Hopefully we come good but it's gonna take a long time before it does. I dont want Silva sacked but with what's been spent you have to wonder, if the shit we get served up continues, how much longer will he be in charge? I personally don't think he's learning from his mistakes. Why is it every manager we've had when they go into their second season they majorly fuck up. Even Moyes did. Then again after that we got 4th. Maybe we need a little perseverance. Will Silva get that though?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 09:50:17 PM by arteta4spain »

September 17, 2019, 10:13:13 PM
Reply #2112

D15TIN

One of the biggest things about Silva aswell is he has the players full support, theyre getting away with it imo - I think we could do with playing a deeper line for now until Jan especially away from home, Mina & Keane havnt got the pace and it's been a little bit of a problem this season - Zouma & Keane were a great pairing

Get another CB in in Jan, possibly an experienced striker aswell

September 17, 2019, 10:16:16 PM
Reply #2113

D15TIN

Mina reminds me a lot of Yobo the more I watch him, has all the tools to be a top CB, but has that error in him - I did say at the start of the season though this would be his year, and he needs to be given 10-15 starts in a row to make a decision on him, so we'll see how he gets on

September 17, 2019, 10:56:53 PM
Reply #2114

Bluenose 91

It's vital we keep the great home form up.

Hopefully the away results get better as the season goes on.

If we start struggling at home then he's going to be in trouble unfortunately.