October 23, 2019, 07:22:42 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 129238 times)

September 17, 2019, 11:26:23 PM
Reply #2115

KoemansNumberTens

Does anyone still actually rate silva? Would anyone be in favour of his appointment now had he done the work he’s done here elsewhere? Got relegated with hull sacked at Watford and now this. The debate seems to be about if we can afford to sack another manager rather than anyone arguing he’s done good work here or even that they are convinced he will

September 17, 2019, 11:41:53 PM
Reply #2116

Waltzer

Does anyone still actually rate silva? Would anyone be in favour of his appointment now had he done the work he's done here elsewhere? Got relegated with hull sacked at Watford and now this. The debate seems to be about if we can afford to sack another manager rather than anyone arguing he's done good work here or even that they are convinced he will
Id want to know who the realistic candidates are before saying whether I rate Silva, if that makes sense. He has flaws, but also a think he has some good ideas. You'd need to weigh up the pros and cons of his replacement, I'm just not sure we'd attract anyone significantly better so we might as well give him a chance

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 17, 2019, 11:58:08 PM
Reply #2117

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Does anyone still actually rate silva? Would anyone be in favour of his appointment now had he done the work he’s done here elsewhere? Got relegated with hull sacked at Watford and now this. The debate seems to be about if we can afford to sack another manager rather than anyone arguing he’s done good work here or even that they are convinced he will

I don't rate him or hate him yet, I've seen some things I like and some things I don't same as every manager ever. Time will tell whether he's got enough about him to be a success here. Not sure he's done enough good or bad to make a judgment

September 18, 2019, 12:16:09 AM
Reply #2118

D15TIN

I rate him

September 18, 2019, 12:20:21 AM
Reply #2119

KoemansNumberTens

Id want to know who the realistic candidates are before saying whether I rate Silva, if that makes sense. He has flaws, but also a think he has some good ideas. You'd need to weigh up the pros and cons of his replacement, I'm just not sure we'd attract anyone significantly better so we might as well give him a chance

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Might as well give him a chance isn’t a glowing reference. I’m actually not overly keen on sacking him. Think we’d end up with mourinho which would be another car crash.

My point is no one is actually defending silva. Just stating the need for stability

His record in England is relegated with hull (despite doing well) sacked by Watford (after a lack of loyalty and a terrible run of form) and now this nothingness here despite a lot of decent signings

I do suspect if he’d done this work elsewhere no one would be remotely excited about his appointment had we been looking for a manager. Any support he now has is by default as he’s already in the position

Apart from a very short period at the end of last season his good ideas really haven’t amounted to much on match days

September 18, 2019, 12:21:11 AM
Reply #2120

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I rate him

Something something inept. Something something dogshit.

September 18, 2019, 12:23:09 AM
Reply #2121

KoemansNumberTens

I don't rate him or hate him yet, I've seen some things I like and some things I don't same as every manager ever. Time will tell whether he's got enough about him to be a success here. Not sure he's done enough good or bad to make a judgment

Should an ambitious team have an indifferent manager. I don’t hate him either. I’m indifferent to him being here though. Think his work has a whole has been a bit poor. If the great period was just a run of form (which it looks more and more likely the more often we play poorly) then we really aren’t that close to reaching the desired level

September 18, 2019, 12:25:31 AM
Reply #2122

D15TIN

Something something inept. Something something dogshit.
March - May we looked a top side, weve lost an important part of our team in Gana, CB hasn't be addressed by the DOF and a couple of other positions look light aswell. The players have to take some responsibility from the results away from home, I don't think the selections have been incorrect, im seeing a few individual mistakes, were creating chances but not scoring enough of them, some or most of this is down to the players imo, they rely heavily on goodison.

Weve just come back off a recent run of 10 clean sheets in 13 games, weve not lost at goodison since February 6th.

I thought the whole point of Silva, being a young manager with potential was to give him the time to do it? Klopp started slowly at Liverpool, pochettino wasn't immediate success I don't think either

September 18, 2019, 12:30:19 AM
Reply #2123

D15TIN

The players like him & want him there, so it would make no sense to bin him off and end up with Javi Garcia or someone equally shit (no one will touch this job if we sack another)

we could win our next 2 and be back in the top 6 (and so he's doing his job), plenty of other good sides started slowly aswell.

September 18, 2019, 12:43:30 AM
Reply #2124

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I have no opinion on him as it’s been neither good or bad.

If we’re still in this state of flux around Christmas time I’ll come to the conclusion he’s not the man to take us forward. A lot can change during that time though.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 18, 2019, 12:53:09 AM
Reply #2125

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Should an ambitious team have an indifferent manager. I don’t hate him either. I’m indifferent to him being here though. Think his work has a whole has been a bit poor. If the great period was just a run of form (which it looks more and more likely the more often we play poorly) then we really aren’t that close to reaching the desired level

It's not an indifferent manager it's just that people haven't seen enough to form an opinion yet.

September 18, 2019, 12:55:30 AM
Reply #2126

D15TIN

I have no opinion on him as it’s been neither good or bad.

If we’re still in this state of flux around Christmas time I’ll come to the conclusion he’s not the man to take us forward. A lot can change during that time though.
Exactly, we could literally be in a good position in 2 games time, if the home form remains strong, we stay in the cup, and the away form improves were looking good.

September 18, 2019, 12:57:24 AM
Reply #2127

Paddockoldie

Okay. Who would you want, realistically attainable? It's one thing not rating him, so who's your option?

September 18, 2019, 01:10:07 AM
Reply #2128

Toffee Tuesdays

Been some alarming signs but we’re only slightly over a year into his tenure and not even finished clearing the deadwood from the previous two managers. Howard Kendall didn’t look like the guy to turn things around until he did so sometimes it pays off to give it time.

Let’s say in some alternate reality we sack Silva today and get Pep in tomorrow. Pretending he can’t make any signings all season, how high does everyone think we could finish? 7/8 with Silva and maybe 6 with pep? Point being that Silva has his weaknesses but this squad has its limits

September 18, 2019, 01:15:28 AM
Reply #2129

Mayor Farnum

We employed a manager when we were unable to decipher his track record.
Therefore he can't be accused of not living up to expectations after 14 months.

We've taken a punt and we should see it through for the rest of this season at the very least.
Something clever written by someone else.