October 14, 2019, 04:12:34 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 125348 times)

formerKHL and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

September 18, 2019, 01:23:22 AM
Reply #2130

Juanito

I think he needs a quick central defender in January to help him out. I can see Zouma bring forth choice Centre back at Chelsea  by then too.

September 18, 2019, 01:41:38 AM
Reply #2131

KoemansNumberTens

Okay. Who would you want, realistically attainable? It's one thing not rating him, so who's your option?

I don’t want him sacked. Just wouldn’t be disappointed if he left though. Not sure any would be.

Anyone we get in would be another (hopefully more informed this time) punt. The last punt we made with silva is looking increasingly likely not to pay off so we’ll need 1 sooner or later

Didn’t he only get a 3 year contract? I’m happy for him to see it out but he’d need vast improvements for it to be worth us renewing

September 18, 2019, 02:52:16 AM
Reply #2132

kramer0

He has awful taste in midfielders.

Hundreds of millions spent on players and we're basically trying to enter the box like a Moyes team (left winger tucking in, then supplying the fullback with a chance to cross).

September 18, 2019, 03:10:28 AM
Reply #2133

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

Hundreds of millions spent on players and we're basically trying to enter the box like a Moyes team (left winger tucking in, then supplying the fullback with a chance to cross).

Would be made up with a good moyes style team

September 18, 2019, 03:17:14 AM
Reply #2134

Crackling

NSNO Subscriber

Although due to Gbamin's injury, you have no idea what his first choice midfield would have played like this season. Gbamin 'could' have been the one to drive forward and play more through the middle.

He currently doesnt have that much choice in playing Schneiderlin and we all know he would have been on his way if we could have got someone else in.

It's also pretty clear he likes a central defender with pace so we can play a high line and press.  The players he currently has at his disposal aren't the best for that.

Let's face it, we dropped a bollock by not getting a Zouma replacement or a first team ready striker.

September 18, 2019, 03:22:51 AM
Reply #2135

Waltzer

Watching Napoli and all this talk of needing a centre back I really wish we manged to get that Koulibaly deal done

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 18, 2019, 03:28:02 AM
Reply #2136

sam of the south

Watching Napoli and all this talk of needing a centre back I really wish we manged to get that Koulibaly deal done

Very good player.

Weren’t we quoted £65m even back then, though?
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

September 18, 2019, 03:31:01 AM
Reply #2137

Waltzer

Very good player.

Weren't we quoted £65m even back then, though?
60 or 65, looks like it would've been a bargain though.

September 18, 2019, 04:00:55 AM
Reply #2138

KoemansNumberTens

60 or 65, looks like it would've been a bargain though.

Asking for 130 now apparently. Let’s be honest though we weren’t really club that could sign a centre half for a world record fee then

September 18, 2019, 04:06:48 AM
Reply #2139

stirlingblue

My main issue with Silva is that he’s been here for a while now and I’m still not sure what he’s actually trying to do.

He made a career of 4-3-3 but has now dropped that in favour of a 4-2-3-1 that plays closer to a 4-2-4, is that what the long term plan is?

September 18, 2019, 04:27:03 AM
Reply #2140

dunkster

Always seems to be making a team around siggy. Unsurprisingly,  siggy is very hit and miss and that's the same for our whole team.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

September 18, 2019, 03:04:04 PM
Reply #2141

Lxxx

It's not an indifferent manager it's just that people haven't seen enough to form an opinion yet.

Bit of cop out that. I'd understand that statement if he'd been in the job since the start of this season but he had all last season as well, that's a pretty decent sample size to have an opinion, regardless of what the opinion is.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 03:05:36 PM by Lxxx »

September 18, 2019, 03:09:29 PM
Reply #2142

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Bit of cop out that. I'd understand that statement if he'd been in the job since the start of this season but he had all last season as well, that's a pretty decent sample size to have an opinion, regardless of what the opinion is.

We all formed an opinion on Martinez off a year and a bit and look how wrong we all were.

By Christmas we were starting to see the real Roberto.

So it’s fine to still hang fire on judging silva and waiting to see how things pan out over the next few months. We’ll see then if he’s the man to take us forward, or not.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 18, 2019, 03:23:45 PM
Reply #2143

Lxxx

We all formed an opinion on Martinez off a year and a bit and look how wrong we all were.

By Christmas we were starting to see the real Roberto.

So it’s fine to still hang fire on judging silva and waiting to see how things pan out over the next few months. We’ll see then if he’s the man to take us forward, or not.

Which is a fair opinion. That's my point.

I can understand people not wanting to nail their colours to a particular mast as we've seen evidence and justifiable arguments so far of the good, the bad and the ugly under him. However to say you haven't seen enough after nearly 50 games in charge to form an opinion on him is a very strange statement.

September 18, 2019, 06:28:09 PM
Reply #2144

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Which is a fair opinion. That's my point.

I can understand people not wanting to nail their colours to a particular mast as we've seen evidence and justifiable arguments so far of the good, the bad and the ugly under him. However to say you haven't seen enough after nearly 50 games in charge to form an opinion on him is a very strange statement.

My opinion is so far he's doing okay, I don't think there's much more to say as yet