October 17, 2019, 12:59:13 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126729 times)

September 18, 2019, 07:00:14 PM
Reply #2145

Jamokachi

My opinion is so far he's doing okay, I don't think there's much more to say as yet

Haven't you heard? This is the era of extremes. He has to be either the greatest manager ever, or vile shite. Get off the fence man!

September 18, 2019, 07:03:25 PM
Reply #2146

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Which is a fair opinion. That's my point.

I can understand people not wanting to nail their colours to a particular mast as we've seen evidence and justifiable arguments so far of the good, the bad and the ugly under him. However to say you haven't seen enough after nearly 50 games in charge to form an opinion on him is a very strange statement.

I don't think it is.

I genuinely couldn't tell you if I think he's a done a good job or bad job.

He's done ok, there's not much there to come to a conclusive opinion just yet.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 18, 2019, 07:12:49 PM
Reply #2147

indiantoffee1975

Silva must find a solution to the away form. Another point from the next three away games isn't acceptable (Burnley, Brighton and Southampton) neither will he be afforded another run of 3 wins from 14 matches. Crucial couple of months for him.

September 18, 2019, 07:42:24 PM
Reply #2148

ally2

I wanted more patience with previous managers so I'm obviously out of sync with others. When it came to Silva, I was willing to give him time but did actually lose faith and wanted him gone in our bad patch last season. This is because he had never emerged from a bad patch before in his career. But he did turn it around so that shut me up. Now I'm just back to wait and see.

September 18, 2019, 09:24:00 PM
Reply #2149

Lxxx

My opinion is so far he's doing okay, I don't think there's much more to say as yet

Yeh okay fella.

September 18, 2019, 09:40:58 PM
Reply #2150

Heath

Given the fact that we've had players coming and going, and a few injuries, I'm not really that concerned that we've not settled and shown any real consistency. Let's see what the situation is come January. He'd have had 18 mths or so by then, and although I wouldn't expect Silva to be running away with the League within that time, I would expect us to be more consistent and to see clear signs of what he's trying to achieve. At the moment though, our performances are very bipolar.

September 18, 2019, 10:43:48 PM
Reply #2151

Dr. Sponge

Im a supporter of Silva, but we should be doing better with what we have.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 18, 2019, 11:23:34 PM
Reply #2152

KoemansNumberTens

The way it’s currently going he’s going to survive to the end of his 3 year contract and not get renewed. He’s doing okay. We are just plodding along. Not badly enough to deserve the sack but certainly nothing good enough for a renewal.

September 18, 2019, 11:46:36 PM
Reply #2153

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Has never come back to win a game in the league, phwoar that's a stinker that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 19, 2019, 12:03:38 AM
Reply #2154

GrantyBoy78

What’s frustrating is there’ll be a massive spread of points this season and 54 points will be enough to get 4th place.

We’ll get 46 points and finish 9th.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

September 19, 2019, 12:10:35 AM
Reply #2155

Waltzer

Stats like that aren't great, especially when his teams have previously played against us, and everyone comes back to win against us

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 19, 2019, 09:58:24 AM
Reply #2156

Heisenberg

We’ve never done this in my time supporting Everton. If we concede first I usually resign to defeat. If I’m watching on tv I will usually only half watch after conceding. The joys of being a blue Ey

September 20, 2019, 08:06:49 PM
Reply #2157

Everton Mint

CBA watching/listening to his pre-match press conferences any more.... he's bored the tits off me after about 2 minutes.

God knows how he excites and motivates the players the way he drones on and on in one long monologue.

September 20, 2019, 10:50:40 PM
Reply #2158

boothill

They may be talking about mike walker,  just forgot his name
https://twitter.com/TheKendallEnd/status/1173547752535580672

I'm more pissed off with the picture of Mike Walker

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 20, 2019, 11:06:14 PM
Reply #2159

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Our home form is key to how we finish up, and hopefully we can pick up the away form and really make a good go of this season.

I like Silva. I like what he has done in changing the atmosphere around the club, and the dynamic he has with Marcel Brands and the players. No one we bring in will ever be perfect, but I think he is a really good fit for us and I hope he is successful.