October 23, 2019, 06:11:10 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 129391 times)

September 21, 2019, 01:28:07 AM
Reply #2160

eyesalwaysblue

Hope he bucks up
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 21, 2019, 10:46:46 PM
Reply #2161

Lazarou

"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

September 21, 2019, 10:47:47 PM
Reply #2162

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 21, 2019, 10:55:23 PM
Reply #2163

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think tosun for Bernard lost me.

He’ll be gone in a few weeks.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 21, 2019, 10:55:30 PM
Reply #2164

dazfrancis

https://www.behavioraleconomics.com/resources/mini-encyclopedia-of-be/sunk-cost-fallacy/

LOL. Was discussing this with a mate in relation to Brexit.

I don't think this is a good analogy but I'm starting to think Silva has no clue to to turn us into top 6 challengers

September 21, 2019, 10:58:31 PM
Reply #2165

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
LOL. Was discussing this with a mate in relation to Brexit.

I don't think this is a good analogy but I'm starting to think Silva has no clue to to turn us into top 6 challengers

Think when you look at silva and what he's done here and the way he's done it and say... No he should get until x because managers deserve games / time whatever.. Its the sunk cost fallacy manifest into what feels like logic or reason.

He's a roller-coaster manager, at his best it's unchained uncontrolled wins that go either way, at his worst he's wide open and getting buggered on the break.

Bad appointment, time to let Brands find his man.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 11:03:36 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 21, 2019, 11:00:24 PM
Reply #2166

Tinga

What playbook.

September 21, 2019, 11:01:05 PM
Reply #2167

duncandisorderly

Papered over the cracks with those good wins when it didn't really matter last half of the season. I don't know what the answer is, but this isn't good enough.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

September 21, 2019, 11:02:54 PM
Reply #2168

kramer0

Think tosun for Bernard lost me.

Outrageous decision.

September 21, 2019, 11:03:18 PM
Reply #2169

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Never seen a manager neglect the midfield so much.

Thought we were getting a midfield revamp, but you could have xavi in that midfield and it wouldnt make a difference.

It’s all out wide, crosses into the box and nothing else.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 21, 2019, 11:06:29 PM
Reply #2170

kramer0

Never seen a manager neglect the midfield so much.

Thought we were getting a midfield revamp, but you could have xavi in that midfield and it wouldnt make a difference.

It’s all out wide, crosses into the box and nothing else.

I still think we'd be a solid side with another body in there.

Kind of mad how he keeps rolling out the two DMs and Sigurdsson every week.

September 21, 2019, 11:21:31 PM
Reply #2171

Craig_1878

I really am torn with this situation. On the one hand, consistently changing managers over the last few years has done more damage than good but I guess that's the modern game and Silva really does look out of his depth.

I'm sick of us going for flavour of the month type managers only for it to drastically backfire. We need a proven manager who can come in and have an impact. If we could get him I think Mourinho would be a masterstroke but highly unlikely.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

September 21, 2019, 11:25:43 PM
Reply #2172

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

September 21, 2019, 11:29:34 PM
Reply #2173

dunkster

To think before the Bournemouth game which I firmly believed we'd win was gonna take us into top 3.
In a blink of an eye we've lost against villa Sheffield utd and Bournemouth... That's relegation level shitness.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

September 21, 2019, 11:44:52 PM
Reply #2174

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Well we've got actually good sides coming up soon so he's going to find himself in a position where he has to do the impossible again.

He managed to save his job last year through some miracle wins against a flagging Chelsea, Arsenal and United. He'd sorted the defence out and was getting enough from quick breaks that we were a functional side who if you slipped against would punish you.

In thst period we still got turned over by an already relegated Fulham like but that's silva.

In my opinion you shouldn't need miracle home wins to snatch 8th or save your job but there we are. Can he do it without Zouma and Gueye, our best defender and midfielder from last year? Increasingly looking like the answer is no.