October 17, 2019, 10:34:57 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126675 times)

September 22, 2019, 05:57:57 AM
Reply #2205

Gash

Global Moderator
I think we were lead to believe that, just like we were told the Brands Silva partnership was the best thing since sliced bread.
The alternative was to come out and say Moshiri has picked Silva and Brands will do as he is told and sanction it.
In other words he is a "Yes Man".
I don't believe Brands is some sort of Messiah who will fix everything. He had a shit summer transfer record and almost got us Rojo ffs

No he didn't, we rightly walked away from the Rojo deal as we wanted him on loan and they wanted a permanent deal.

Be critical all you want, that's fine but it least have right if you're going to be.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 05:58:58 AM by Gash »

September 22, 2019, 07:09:44 AM
Reply #2206

Redartin

No he didn't, we rightly walked away from the Rojo deal as we wanted him on loan and they wanted a permanent deal.

Be critical all you want, that's fine but it least have right if you're going to be.
Sorry, but I'm not wrong here. I said,
"he almost got us Rojo"

And you reply with,
"No he didn't, we rightly walked away from the Rojo deal as we wanted him on loan..."

So who was involved in organising this loan deal in the first instance if it wasn't him?
It doesn't matter if it was a loan or permanent, HE ALMOST GOT US ROJO.

September 22, 2019, 07:16:32 AM
Reply #2207

Gash

Global Moderator
Sorry, but I'm not wrong here. I said,
"he almost got us Rojo"

And you reply with,
"No he didn't, we rightly walked away from the Rojo deal as we wanted him on loan..."

So who was involved in organising this loan deal in the first instance if it wasn't him?
It doesn't matter if it was a loan or permanent, HE ALMOST GOT US ROJO.

There was no "almost" about it, we enquired about him on loan, Man Utd wanted a permanent deal so we walked away from it.

September 22, 2019, 07:25:55 AM
Reply #2208

Redartin

There was no "almost" about it, we enquired about him on loan, Man Utd wanted a permanent deal so we walked away from it.

Why do you keep writing "we"?
Surely it should be "he"?
Or were you there with him?

The point is, had Man Utd said yes, we would have Rojo now, that was the best trick Brands had up his sleeve at that time. Does that not worry you just a little bit?

Silva is getting rightly slated for performances on the pitch, but Brands must share some of the flack for his lack of summer signing in crucial areas.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 07:35:12 AM by Redartin »

September 22, 2019, 07:34:52 AM
Reply #2209

Gash

Global Moderator
Why do you keep writing "we"?
Surely it should be "he"?
Or were you there with him?

The point is, had Man Utd said yes, we would have him now, that was the best trick he had up his sleeve at that time. Does that not worry you just a little bit?

We as in "Everton" like where you said above "we would have him now". ;)

If they'd said yes we'd (Everton) have had him on loan now as cover but they wanted a permanent deal which we (Everton) didn't want so walked away. It was no where near an "almost" deal.

September 22, 2019, 07:44:53 AM
Reply #2210

Redartin

If they had said yes Brands would have got him on loan now as cover, but they wanted a permanent deal which Brands didn't want so he walked away.

Fixed it for you. (I was right, Rojo was Brands' choice)

September 22, 2019, 11:49:45 AM
Reply #2211

bluenuck

Ugh...this thread. The state of this club.

IMO something is seriously wrong with our hiring process. 4 managers, and we still have the same problems.

The extremely sad thing is. Is that the only one that’s actually had a gameplan and tactics is allardyce. They were shit, and boring as fuk, and out of date and I hated the guy. But I could at least see what he was doing. I got no clue what the other 3 are even trying to do.

September 22, 2019, 12:19:41 PM
Reply #2212

Heisenberg

He’s got 3/4 games before I make a decision on it I want him to stay or go.

In his defence, he stated all window he wanted a CB. He wasn’t given one. Left with 2 defenders who can’t play together. Same with the Rom issue aswell. Since he went, season after season managers have said we needed a replacement and it never came. I know it’s very mush a grasp at straws but I honestly don’t think there’s many who can come in and sort this team.

September 22, 2019, 12:47:12 PM
Reply #2213

stirlingblue

He's got 3/4 games before I make a decision on it I want him to stay or go.

In his defence, he stated all window he wanted a CB. He wasn't given one. Left with 2 defenders who can't play together. Same with the Rom issue aswell. Since he went, season after season managers have said we needed a replacement and it never came. I know it's very mush a grasp at straws but I honestly don't think there's many who can come in and sort this team.

He also insisted on an experienced PL centre back in a window where they were being quoted at ridiculous prices.

September 22, 2019, 01:17:04 PM
Reply #2214

arteta4spain

Damned if we do damned if we don't get shut. The amount of money we must be paying out on managers will start to hamper us soon.
To sum him up for me he's a Martinez MK2. But slightly worse. At least Martinez could sort the front line out but then he did have Rom,Deulofeu, etc.
And even if Silva has them I don't think he'd get a tune out of them.
Shit appointment and I could see this happening. At the same time look at Moyes did well initially, nearly got relegated and then got us 4th and then became "best of the rest” Not saying it's gonna happen like that but it could show that we might need a little perseverance. On the other hand Moyes didn't have Moshiris money behind him so he probably was given more leniency.
Stick or twist but if Moshiri thinks he can handle all the payouts since Martinez went then fuck it bin him off ASAP. I don't often agree with him but Garth Crooks was asking questions of him after the result yesterday. The pressure is on now. It's up to Silva to fight for his job. If he even lost a few games but there were signs of trying to change it up then fair enough. Give him a bit of time to implement it. But it's stale and the same 4-2-3-1. It's been like that more or less since Martinez ffs.
Boring tactics boring manager. Hopefully things are in motion or at least there are murmurings from the board. I give him until the end of October.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 01:18:49 PM by arteta4spain »

September 22, 2019, 01:20:42 PM
Reply #2215

Lazarou

He’s got 3/4 games before I make a decision on it I want him to stay or go.

In his defence, he stated all window he wanted a CB. He wasn’t given one. Left with 2 defenders who can’t play together. Same with the Rom issue aswell. Since he went, season after season managers have said we needed a replacement and it never came. I know it’s very mush a grasp at straws but I honestly don’t think there’s many who can come in and sort this team.

Is the defence the real problem though, my issue is the clueless play in the final third. We look terrible going forward, and if we are chasing a game his only tactic is throw more forwards on, since when has that ever worked? It's 4-2-3-1, 3-2-5 or 4-3-4 non are working with the personal we have. I think Gueye papered over many cracks in those formations.
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

September 22, 2019, 01:52:13 PM
Reply #2216

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Any good?

I’m still processing it. But I think I loved it.

September 22, 2019, 03:52:35 PM
Reply #2217

Dr. Sponge

Having a DoF is supposed to make it easier to change managers and maintain some consistency. If we give Silva a couple of months to turn it around and he fails then the season is a write off.

Its difficult for fans to say what we should do because we dont know the alternatives, but if I was Moshiri I would be telling Brands to draw up a list of potential replacements and weigh up the options.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 22, 2019, 03:54:34 PM
Reply #2218

toshyboy

If we lose the next two games I think he’s gone. City will be tough in the extreme so I think a lot of it boils down to Tues night.

It would be very Everton to lose on Tuesday then beat City though

September 22, 2019, 04:27:52 PM
Reply #2219

Mayor Farnum

If we do change it will be interesting to see how Brands handles it. If we change without a plan and end up in the situation we found ourselves in last time it will be a very obvious case of not learning from our mistakes.

I'm still happy to give Marco the rest of the season anyway. Eighth and a cup run is still possible which is what we could realistically demand from him, even less so after the striker/center back fuck up of the summer window.
Something clever written by someone else.