October 16, 2019, 06:59:22 PM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126193 times)

September 22, 2019, 04:42:59 PM
Reply #2220

KoemansNumberTens

If we do change it will be interesting to see how Brands handles it. If we change without a plan and end up in the situation we found ourselves in last time it will be a very obvious case of not learning from our mistakes.

I'm still happy to give Marco the rest of the season anyway. Eighth and a cup run is still possible which is what we could realistically demand from him, even less so after the striker/center back fuck up of the summer window.

Who do you have in 7th

September 22, 2019, 04:45:59 PM
Reply #2221

Mayor Farnum

Who do you have in 7th

Early days but Leicester must be favourites.  With a manager who's been attainable for the last couple of years as well.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 22, 2019, 04:46:05 PM
Reply #2222

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He also insisted on an experienced PL centre back in a window where they were being quoted at ridiculous prices.

Did he?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 22, 2019, 04:46:13 PM
Reply #2223

Free Agent

September 22, 2019, 06:04:09 PM
Reply #2224

KoemansNumberTens

Early days but Leicester must be favourites.  With a manager who's been attainable for the last couple of years as well.

He’s better than our last 4 managers
I agree with Leicester but if you’re saying 8th is okay because of our centre half issue they are sitting on 80m they took for Maguire

September 22, 2019, 07:25:37 PM
Reply #2225

stirlingblue

Did he?

It’s what the papers were reporting, whether it’s true I don’t know for sure but every defender we were linked with had played in the PL

September 22, 2019, 07:44:56 PM
Reply #2226

Lxxx

I think we’ve bought the past 12 months with a view to building a squad that transcends managers.

We’ve bought players at good ages who should in the main have their best years ahead of them.

I’d be amazed if another manager couldn’t get a better tune out of these players rather than sticking them in a rigid 4-2-3-1 every week and watching them flounder to try and make it work.

All you want to see is a bit of flexibility so we can at least appreciate we’re attempting new approaches and different options.

September 22, 2019, 07:46:18 PM
Reply #2227

Dr. Sponge

Bielsa's Leeds.

They set up similar to us, but do it far far better. Much more fluid and creative.

I feel like Silva's ideas are good, but the coaching and execution is all a bit half baked.

Sent from my SM-G960F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 22, 2019, 08:18:13 PM
Reply #2228

Hawkandro

Would like to see a bit more pragmatism coming from our manager. Rather than sticking to the same formation week after week, maybe approach different teams and different games differently. It's not rocket science.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 22, 2019, 08:31:38 PM
Reply #2229

Paddockoldie

I'd still give him time but some things puzzle me.
Sat saw us back to not being able to defend set pieces when I thought we'd sorted that by having clean sheets for quite a few games. The other is we seem to employ managers who are pig headed arrogant and can't see when something doesn't work. Martinez, Koeman, Fat head and now Silva... He's either got to adapt or go.

September 22, 2019, 08:34:43 PM
Reply #2230

markB

2 wins by 1 goal V the 2 teams bottom of the league

going by the look on Bills face during the last game Marco,s time is up

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/everton

he was 10/1 before the last game he is now 6/4 for the chop

September 22, 2019, 08:35:51 PM
Reply #2231

Waltzer

Sat saw us back to not being able to defend set pieces when I thought we'd sorted that by having clean sheets for quite a few games. The other is we seem to employ managers who are pig headed arrogant and can't see when something doesn't work. Martinez, Koeman, Fat head and now Silva... He's either got to adapt or go.
I'm not just trying to defend him here, but do you think he told Pickford to essentially jump out of the way yesterday? ,Player incompetence is hard to mitigate for imo

There were lots of other areas you could pick holes, but a lot of our issues in defence are down to having defenders who lack composure and awareness and a flappy keeper.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 22, 2019, 08:43:35 PM
Reply #2232

markB

the club said when we got a DOF in that the manager might change but the style of play would stay the same IE 4231 seems to me they are looking at what Roberto did in his 1st season and thinking it was just bad signings that fucked him up , look at last year away form home 532 burnley was are best away win out of not many wins yes we lost the next game playing it but 2 players were missing that game and we went back to 4231 the rest of the season

September 22, 2019, 08:45:34 PM
Reply #2233

Mayor Farnum

I think we’ve bought the past 12 months with a view to building a squad that transcends managers.

We’ve bought players at good ages who should in the main have their best years ahead of them.

I’d be amazed if another manager couldn’t get a better tune out of these players rather than sticking them in a rigid 4-2-3-1 every week and watching them flounder to try and make it work.

All you want to see is a bit of flexibility so we can at least appreciate we’re attempting new approaches and different options.

Not convinced that will be the best policy for us.
We're probably unable to attract the same quality of players as the top six and certainly not the top four.
We need a manager who can find a system that produces a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. Imposing players on the manager could make it more difficult.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 22, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
Reply #2234

ally2

I don't think it's necessary to make a judgement after a given number of games or outcomes. Unless the club is toxic. But if it isn't then the only limitation is who could take over. If there is a better manager out there (which there is) that we can get then we should get them. And you could easily argue that case even if we were doing reasonably well. I'd there's someone better then get them in.