October 17, 2019, 02:34:20 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 126482 times)

mikey_blue, eyesalwaysblue and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 22, 2019, 09:24:43 PM
Reply #2235

Stumpy

I'll be honest,i was meh when we appointed him.I couldn't for the life of me see why we seemed so keen to get him,but was more than happy to give him a chance.After the spineless surrender at millwall I was ready to wave him goodbye,only to be pleasantly supprised by a good end of season and hope of improvement with a good transfer window for this campaign.By the time the window shut and we hadn't signed a proven goalscorer,and left with a paper thin defence I was pissed off and worried.Yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back for me.We were clueless how to break down a ragtag outfit of grafters that came looking for a 0-0 and went away with 2-0.We were slow,ponderous and predictable.We are so easy to defend against,and silva seams to have no idea how to change it.It's the same game after game,if we don't score early we don't score.Then when we go behind we never look like saving the game.Even the substitutions yesterday was just fucking bizzare.We still had at least half an hour left when he made them changes but it just looked like a chancer taking a last throw of the dice.No idea really what to do..There's no heart,guts drive,fight or desire in the team.I was loathe to change the manager mid season but I honestly think we are delaying the inevitable.I hope the club is already looking for his replacement,because Silva is not the answer.

September 22, 2019, 09:57:33 PM
Reply #2236

Macca77

September 22, 2019, 10:00:18 PM
Reply #2237

KoemansNumberTens

I wonder...

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone after the city game. Who do we play after them?

September 22, 2019, 10:02:51 PM
Reply #2238

Macca77

Burnley away

September 22, 2019, 10:04:14 PM
Reply #2239

KoemansNumberTens

Burnley away

Can’t see us winning that either. We could be in the bottom 3 after that

September 22, 2019, 10:05:05 PM
Reply #2240

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A cup exit would probably be enough to be honest.

I'm looking at United there and I'm just thinking... Sooner rather than later so we can give ourself an opportunity at 60+ points, 6th is on for someone this year.

Really looking forward to us changing things. Would love to know Marcels thoughts.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 22, 2019, 10:14:14 PM
Reply #2241

Mayor Farnum

There's no point sacking the manager without having a replacement sorted.

We're not going to go down, we still have two cups to play for and the difference between eighth and tenth at this stage isn't going to derail all our big plans.

Give him the season and then make a decision.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 22, 2019, 10:28:01 PM
Reply #2242

Hawkandro

Oh what I wouldn't give for Simeone to decide he fancies managing a mid table team in Merseyside.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 22, 2019, 10:31:55 PM
Reply #2243

Heisenberg

Would bring someone in as a stand in until the end of the season if we go out the cup. The season is still salvageable at this point to an extent. I stand by the squad not being up to much though. Still haven’t replaced Rom. Didn’t replace zouma and jags leaving. We can’t score and continue to concede because of these weaknesses

September 22, 2019, 10:34:38 PM
Reply #2244

KoemansNumberTens

There's no point sacking the manager without having a replacement sorted.

We're not going to go down, we still have two cups to play for and the difference between eighth and tenth at this stage isn't going to derail all our big plans.

Give him the season and then make a decision.

There’s no point keeping him if he’s not good enough either. Apart from a run of form at the end of last season we’ve been well short of the acceptable level.

If we haven’t got the people who can find a better manager than silva then we have the wrong people (which in fairness is probable)

September 22, 2019, 10:37:11 PM
Reply #2245

Mayor Farnum

Would bring someone in as a stand in until the end of the season if we go out the cup. The season is still salvageable at this point to an extent. I stand by the squad not being up to much though. Still haven’t replaced Rom. Didn’t replace zouma and jags leaving. We can’t score and continue to concede because of these weaknesses

If it's only going to be stand in we may as well save some money and continue with Marco. United thought they were bringing in OGS as a stop gap but were backed into a corner by a severe bout of new manager bounce and they're now no further forward than the day they sacked Jose.

September 22, 2019, 10:38:30 PM
Reply #2246

KoemansNumberTens

It’s about time brands earned his money and sacked the fucking lot of them.

Silva for being useless
Ferguson cos we aren’t a charity
Unsworth because he team wins leagues and produces lower league players.

We need a clean slate. Sick of the lot of them

September 22, 2019, 10:40:20 PM
Reply #2247

KoemansNumberTens

Would this have been alardyces last season. Probably should have stuck with him rather than paid another shite manager on top. Not sure we’d be any worse off.

Really until we find someone who can appoint a competent manager we might as well stick. Give him this season and next and least then we’ll only be paying 1 shite manager rather than 4

September 22, 2019, 10:56:42 PM
Reply #2248

Mayor Farnum

There’s no point keeping him if he’s not good enough either. Apart from a run of form at the end of last season we’ve been well short of the acceptable level.

If we haven’t got the people who can find a better manager than silva then we have the wrong people (which in fairness is probable)

So you are in favour of sacking him regardless of the situation that will leave us in. I remember when we sacked Koeman early season and the poll on here had the likes of Anchelotti getting a load of votes. We need to face reality, we will just be looking for another miracle from the arse end of the Premier League or a bloke with an inflated record from a tin pot league.
Sacking him looks likely so we may as well time it to our advantage.

September 22, 2019, 11:07:38 PM
Reply #2249

KoemansNumberTens

So you are in favour of sacking him regardless of the situation that will leave us in. I remember when we sacked Koeman early season and the poll on here had the likes of Anchelotti getting a load of votes. We need to face reality, we will just be looking for another miracle from the arse end of the Premier League or a bloke with an inflated record from a tin pot league.
Sacking him looks likely so we may as well time it to our advantage.

Honestly I’m not really arsed. He’s useless but it appears so are the people who appoint the managers too.

I’m quite indifferent (almost said happy) for him to see out the last
2 years of his contract now and we can start the process again then.

Does anything think he’ll survive past this contract? I think any chance of a contract renewal has gone now. We are just killing time til he’s gone. I’ve no problem with it being in 2 years so we aren’t paying 4 useless managers at once