July 14, 2020, 02:53:57 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 179637 times)

September 23, 2019, 10:31:26 PM
Reply #2280

formerKHL

Like I've said before i'm not a fan of Silva I never wanted him here in the first place and couldn't see what moshiri saw to make us chase him down and go through all the hassle of the Watford stuff.....

Has he improved us as a team/club ...NO
Are we progressing...NO
Do we look like we can progress under him.....err No signs of that as yet...

However, out of 6 league games we've lost 3..won 2 drawn 1....at this early stage is it enough to condemn him to the sack..i'm not so sure.....
I get the knee jerk reaction after another defeat especially at home and to a team we should be beating...
But frankly some of the posts on this board have been to say the least way over the top....
When we got Moshiri and his money all was going to be rosy in the garden...now he's being brought into question...
When brands came in he was the best thing since sliced bread......in 3 months he seems to have gone from hero to zero for most people...…
Same with Silva....although the evidence against him is stronger and justified.....but I don't think changing another manager again at this stage of the season is the answer TBH.....with what 30 odd games left to play for.....90 0dd points is it?
who would we get that is the answer ?...Mourinho seems to be the only available answer?.....would he come to us?...I know most on here don't want him?.....would he settle us down into a true contenders challenging team?

Bottom line is for the past 25-30 years we've been a mediocre club unfortunately making up the numbers in a league designed for rich clubs to progress...….canon fodder....we now have an opportunity to make a dent into that... we' haven't had that since the Moores family owned us....

If we have a long term strategy...and I firmly believe we do....we have to be patient and build progressively...these things don't happen over the short term (2-3 years) in football.....unfortunately as fans  we want it all now.....

So for me wait until January...hopefully we buy the players we need CB & Goal scorer and a playmaker (Brands)...see how we then move forward.....(Silva)…..backed with the finance to say we want him go get him...(Moshiri)……

It's a Big IF.......but if it does happen....

at the end of the day...... we can always sack Silva anytime......

September 23, 2019, 11:25:55 PM
Reply #2281

bluenuck

September 24, 2019, 12:36:59 AM
Reply #2282

Everton Mint

Such a small time mentality. You can't risk the immediate future of the club for the cost of one average player.

The cost of one Oumar Niasse or half a Morgan Schneiderlin gets you out of a hole you're in and a fresh start.

As if Moshiri is going to risk his bigger vision for a few million quid.
But Silva wont be the first he's sacked and had to pay off. And Silva cost compensation to Watford as well.

I dont see him getting the chop unless we hit the relegation zone.

Sent from my SM-G361F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 24, 2019, 01:13:39 AM
Reply #2283

Lxxx

But Silva wont be the first he's sacked and had to pay off. And Silva cost compensation to Watford as well.

You might well be right.

September 24, 2019, 01:36:36 AM
Reply #2284

kramer0

I know some of you don't like the echo ,but Decent little piece here

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fundamental-problem-marco-silva-must-16966098

Makes you wonder what we even work on w/r/t attacking positioning.

September 24, 2019, 01:46:26 AM
Reply #2285

eyesalwaysblue

Leave it a month then?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 24, 2019, 01:47:35 AM
Reply #2286

bluenuck

Makes you wonder what we even work on w/r/t attacking positioning.

I'm guessing crosses?

September 24, 2019, 02:04:49 AM
Reply #2287

D15TIN

I could maybe see him walking tbh eventually

I wouldn't sack him, its getting us nowhere doing that- we arnt an attractive proposition for the top managers, we'd likely end up taking a punt on arteta maybe or fucking eddie howe.

September 24, 2019, 02:17:01 AM
Reply #2288

Waltzer

I could maybe see him walking tbh eventually

I wouldn't sack him, its getting us nowhere doing that- we arnt an attractive proposition for the top managers, we'd likely end up taking a punt on arteta maybe or fucking eddie howe.
I'm not saying we'll get Pep or anyone like that, but I think for a lot of people we would be a highly attractive proposition. We pay top wages, back our managers, moving to a new amazing stadium, sleeping giant etc what isn't there to like for most managers in world football?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 24, 2019, 02:47:22 AM
Reply #2289

Bob Latcford

Have to agree with Micheal Balls piece in the Echo

September 24, 2019, 03:04:25 AM
Reply #2290

boothill

Wouldnt be bothered to see the back of him tbh,  all this rolling around,  petulance and play acting is getting right under my skin and pissing me right off
Silva,s presence at the club wont stop him moving on this season or any other,its Silva,s job make the club competative in the league and europe to give players the reason to stay.Currently those reasons are in tatters,and this club needs to stop sleepwalking in the land of mediocre.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 24, 2019, 04:13:45 AM
Reply #2291

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Micheal Cox in the athletic arguing Iwobi is being badly utilised by Marco Silva.

Well join the fuckin' queue.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2019, 04:15:01 AM
Reply #2292

Fynci

Just out of curiosity, I have seen lots of potential names mentioned should Silva get the boot, but I haven’t seen anyone mention Bielsa. Any reason I am unaware of?

September 24, 2019, 04:17:40 AM
Reply #2293

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Micheal Cox in the athletic arguing Iwobi is being badly utilised by Marco Silva.

Well join the fuckin' queue.

Too soon to be making that kind of judgement imo.

I think we’ll see him centrally soon.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 24, 2019, 04:18:33 AM
Reply #2294

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Just out of curiosity, I have seen lots of potential names mentioned should Silva get the boot, but I haven’t seen anyone mention Bielsa. Any reason I am unaware of?

We don’t have the squad of players to play his football, and he’s extremely volatile.

Type of manager who’ll pack it in whenever he feels like.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown