July 14, 2020, 03:29:47 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 179646 times)

September 25, 2019, 12:20:23 AM
Reply #2310

Macca77

talkSPORT had a bit on us and Silva earlier, one blue suggested Eddie Howe cos he would sort our defence out, Eddie Howe ffs! Then they had the fat prick  on saying the fans got him sacked last year and the same will happen to Silva

September 25, 2019, 12:25:40 AM
Reply #2311

eyesalwaysblue

Howe would be on a par with the last 4
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 25, 2019, 01:07:25 AM
Reply #2312

KoemansNumberTens

Howe would be on a par with the last 4

That’s very harsh. The last 4 have been utter disasters.
You’d have to expect he could do better than all of them

September 25, 2019, 01:14:25 AM
Reply #2313

Mayor Farnum

Can I make an appeal to all Evertonions.

Don't call radio stations, you're gonna sound shit!
Something clever written by someone else.

September 25, 2019, 01:18:16 AM
Reply #2314

eyesalwaysblue

That’s very harsh. The last 4 have been utter disasters.
You’d have to expect he could do better than all of them
Starting to feel like Everton resemble the Brexit fiasco, absolutely no end to the misery, out of all the miseries the 2 that stick out are the rabid pursuit of sigurdsson and Silva...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 25, 2019, 01:32:04 AM
Reply #2315

Juanito

The more and more I think about, Howe might be a good choice if Silva isn’t successful. Something romantic about an Evertonian taking the reigns at his boyhood club. He also has a footballing style that would please and better players to work his system.

September 25, 2019, 01:34:01 AM
Reply #2316

kramer0

We can do better than Howe.

September 25, 2019, 01:36:11 AM
Reply #2317

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He also went to Burnley and failed because he became homesick.

He ticks a lot of boxes but we all know he’ll be out of his depth here.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 25, 2019, 02:02:09 AM
Reply #2318

KoemansNumberTens

We can do better than Howe.

We haven’t been able to get better than him for a long time

September 25, 2019, 02:09:08 AM
Reply #2319

kramer0

We haven’t been able to get better than him for a long time

I refuse to believe that. There are managers in other leagues with actual good ideas for how to control football matches that would be more than willing to take this opportunity.

Absolutely no reason we should be riding the Eddie Howe rollercoaster.

September 25, 2019, 02:09:17 AM
Reply #2320

Waltzer

Howe is a bit of an enigma, he gets a lot of money, no pressure on him yet rarely delivers. I don't actually think he does that great a job at Bournemouth and most of his failings go under the radar as its 'little old Bournemouth'

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

September 25, 2019, 02:09:46 AM
Reply #2321

Gash

Global Moderator
talkSPORT had a bit on us and Silva earlier, one blue suggested Eddie Howe cos he would sort our defence out, Eddie Howe ffs! Then they had the fat prick  on saying the fans got him sacked last year and the same will happen to Silva

Can't remember the exact number bit didn't Bournemouth concede three or more goals in about 8-10 games last season?

September 25, 2019, 04:04:29 AM
Reply #2322

Shogun

Administrator
Understand the reservations about Howe but to say he’s not doing a good job there is embarrassing.

Bloke got them promoted from league two, league one and the championship whilst I don’t think they’ve been in a relegation battle since he’s been in the PL with them.

We should know more than anyone that money definitely isn’t everything and a club like Bournemouth with their 10k stadium does have a ceiling.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

September 25, 2019, 05:15:51 AM
Reply #2323

Heisenberg

Understand the reservations about Howe but to say he’s not doing a good job there is embarrassing.

Bloke got them promoted from league two, league one and the championship whilst I don’t think they’ve been in a relegation battle since he’s been in the PL with them.

We should know more than anyone that money definitely isn’t everything and a club like Bournemouth with their 10k stadium does have a ceiling.

Serious question, who was the last manager who’s brought a team up, been poached and then done well? Don’t they usually flop when trying to make the next step

September 25, 2019, 05:24:08 AM
Reply #2324

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
Howe is a bit of an enigma, he gets a lot of money, no pressure on him yet rarely delivers. I don't actually think he does that great a job at Bournemouth and most of his failings go under the radar as its 'little old Bournemouth'

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

That's a bit harsh. What would be delivering for Bournemouth? Now in their 5th season in the PL, lowest 16th and highest 9th. Surely that is delivering for Bournemouth? I'd imagine Leeds, Forest, Derby, Sunderland, etc supporters would call that delivering.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.