November 13, 2019, 05:57:48 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 140669 times)

bluestevie, Smithers and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 06, 2019, 10:36:26 PM
Reply #2655

Mayor Farnum

The amount of money we have now wasted on hiring and firing Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce and probably Silva is ridiculous. Considering Moshiri is intent on 'making a statement', why not offer a Kings ransom to get a proper top class manager in?

Doubt it's a money issue. Our problem is convincing someone who will be able to pick and choose his jobs.
Something clever written by someone else.

October 06, 2019, 10:38:01 PM
Reply #2656

Waltzer

Arent manager wages and compensation buttons compared to what income the club has with the tv deals? I dont see it as an issue.
I think that's generally correct, however, with us our outgoings as a proportion of our incoming is massive, and more than most clubs in the league, it isn't really sustainably. So continuing to pay managers that we sack wont help that position

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

October 06, 2019, 10:39:31 PM
Reply #2657

Dr. Sponge

Yes Silva does talk joined-up bubbles in his interviews.

Agreed, what the fuck is Mike Walker's face doing on our stadium?

Welcome to the forum.

October 06, 2019, 10:45:50 PM
Reply #2658

Waltzer

Yes Silva does talk joined-up bubbles in his interviews.

Agreed, what the fuck is Mike Walker's face doing on our stadium?

Welcome to the forum.
I've never got the Mike Walker thing, name me another club that would seemingly celebrate one of the worst ever managerial appointments, someone who only won 6 out of 35 games?

October 06, 2019, 10:47:54 PM
Reply #2659

sam of the south

I think that's generally correct, however, with us our outgoings as a proportion of our incoming is massive, and more than most clubs in the league, it isn't really sustainably. So continuing to pay managers that we sack wont help that position

Well, Brands has actually turned around the wage bill after the last window, so consequently we will be in pretty rosy financial shape after the next load of bloated contracts expire.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 06, 2019, 10:48:27 PM
Reply #2660

sam of the south

I've never got the Mike Walker thing, name me another club that would seemingly celebrate one of the worst ever managerial appointments, someone who only won 6 out of 35 games?

Yes, it really is ridiculous
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 06, 2019, 10:50:33 PM
Reply #2661

Dr. Sponge

Watching Newcastle and I reckon they'd beat us, that's how shit we are right now.

October 06, 2019, 10:51:53 PM
Reply #2662

Waltzer

Well, Brands has actually turned around the wage bill after the last window, so consequently we will be in pretty rosy financial shape after the next load of bloated contracts expire.
Has he, who have we got rid of that was on a healthy wage? The only one I can think of are Rooney, the others like Bolasie, Sandro etc are out on loan so we'll still be contributing a fair bit

October 06, 2019, 11:14:44 PM
Reply #2663

KoemansNumberTens

It is worrying that our long term highlights now seem to be watching useless players contracts run out.

There’s always someone else to wait for and the replacements aren’t exactly pulling up trees. How many more years of sigurdssons and Coleman’s declines have we got to put up with

October 06, 2019, 11:17:38 PM
Reply #2664

KoemansNumberTens

Watching Newcastle and I reckon they'd beat us, that's how shit we are right now.

I wonder how many of the teams below us would swap given the easy fixtures we’ve had. Probably only Watford. Both Newcastle and Norwich have had much harder games and are only just below us

October 06, 2019, 11:35:36 PM
Reply #2665

sam of the south

Has he, who have we got rid of that was on a healthy wage? The only one I can think of are Rooney, the others like Bolasie, Sandro etc are out on loan so we'll still be contributing a fair bit

There was a quote about it.

Jagielka was hefty, as were Williams, Gana, and McCarthy, plus we shipped out around another 15 players.

Even if we were still paying half the wages of some of the loan players we are still making a saving.
Henry David Thoreau

October 06, 2019, 11:36:29 PM
Reply #2666

sam of the south

It is worrying that our long term highlights now seem to be watching useless players contracts run out.

There’s always someone else to wait for and the replacements aren’t exactly pulling up trees. How many more years of sigurdssons and Coleman’s declines have we got to put up with

Yeah, dreadful business of the past is really hurting us.
Henry David Thoreau

October 06, 2019, 11:45:40 PM
Reply #2667

Lxxx

Yeah, dreadful business of the past is really hurting us.

Still.

Tosun, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Keane, Niasse... I dread to think what that lot take out the club every month.

October 07, 2019, 12:06:25 AM
Reply #2668

TheTone

Still.

Tosun, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Keane, Niasse... I dread to think what that lot take out the club every month.

The piss

October 07, 2019, 12:07:16 AM
Reply #2669

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Yes we have had a terrible start, but look at the results this weekend to get some perspective. Spurs lost 3-0 at Brighton, City lost 2-0 at home to Wolves, Newcastle are beating United, West Ham lost at home to Palace. All might be considered shocks, we are not the only team struggling for form.

Sorry if people think I am clutching at straws, but sometimes we do need to step back and look at the wider picture. This league gets stronger by the year, and I haven't ever seen it so competitive (excluding Liverpool and City).

The next 2 league games are absolutely huge for Silva and I believe it will make or break his career with us. West Ham at home is a must win now for him, and he also needs something at Brighton, which will be extremely difficult, otherwise I fear he won't be with us for much longer.