November 13, 2019, 06:11:42 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 140686 times)

Shogun and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 17, 2019, 02:20:36 AM
Reply #2790

sam of the south

Bears out in why we see as well.

Keane v long balls is alright, but against movement or a standing dead ball he's shocking.

Schneiderlin Delph and Gomes literally cannot handle someone running at them as they're all running in quick sand and bad 1 v 1.

Thought the Gueye stuff in the statsbomb article was interesting as well. The sheer amount of tackles and interceptions he made patched up the whole middle of the pitch, and regardless of who we put in it just won't fill that hole.

Yeah, agreed.

Before you edited your post you ended it with ‘bhr’, so I looked it up on urban dictionary, but I’m not sure it’s what you were trying to say..

TOP DEFINITION
BHR
Butt Hole Rippers
Spread your ass so I can do a BHR butt HOLE RIPPERS cocaine rip ass high blow snort sex bum line
by Meg8380 January 07, 2018
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 17, 2019, 02:31:10 AM
Reply #2791

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Keane isn’t good at the things he’s supposed to be good at.

He's very one dimensional isn't he. Usually with cbs at our level I think you can get physical units like a huth or Morgan or dunk, or even smalling who's athletically good, but can't kick a footy on a straight line, or good on the ball but couldn't punch their way out of a paper bag.

Keane is a mix of both, but like a bad mix... He's a stopper who's not  brick shithouse or fast and he can ball a bit but not that well like.

We were blessed with Jags who was fast as fuck, a good stopper and a good last line defender. Could barely kick a ball but yknow. Give him that one.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 17, 2019, 02:44:48 AM
Reply #2792

sam of the south

We were blessed with Jags who was fast as fuck, a good stopper and a good last line defender. Could barely kick a ball but yknow. Give him that one.

Apart from his injury-time howitzer against Liverpool.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 19, 2019, 01:59:34 AM
Reply #2793

Juanito

Looking at the Bundesliga and the formation RB Leipzig play and the Frankfurt v Leverkusen game today, variations of 3–1-4-2, 3-4-2-1, all can interchange into others and then see our same old 4-2-3-1 that yields 6 goals in 8 games against poor sides, with no sign of changing.

Richarlison and Kean would exciting as a 2 up top or part of a 4-3-3, Digne would be exciting as a wing back.   All options that seem possible when we have probably the most technically gifted footballers we have had in a generation.

October 19, 2019, 03:04:43 PM
Reply #2794

ajax_andy

Looking at the Bundesliga and the formation RB Leipzig play and the Frankfurt v Leverkusen game today, variations of 3–1-4-2, 3-4-2-1, all can interchange into others and then see our same old 4-2-3-1 that yields 6 goals in 8 games against poor sides, with no sign of changing.

Richarlison and Kean would exciting as a 2 up top or part of a 4-3-3, Digne would be exciting as a wing back.   All options that seem possible when we have probably the most technically gifted footballers we have had in a generation.

There's definitely things he could try which is why it's so frustrating to see the same formation and tactics time and time again.

The front 3 are so static and stuck in place... Could easily try Richarlison - Kean - Iwobe as a front 3 but with them interchanging positions, and the a flat 3 in midfield with Sig playing in there.  Yet he doesn't change anything. No variation, nothing that will catch the opposition by surprise.

Even Wolves have thrown Troare in at right wing back and it's worked because largely due to the opposition not sure how to deal with it

October 20, 2019, 02:37:34 AM
Reply #2795

Shogun

Administrator
I know a lot changed today but I feel like when Walcott starts we generally create more chances?

October 20, 2019, 02:40:47 AM
Reply #2796

ARTEZZY

I know a lot changed today but I feel like when Walcott starts we generally create more chances?
You think Theo is the answer to anything? It is a great shame on Everton every time Mr walcott puts on the shirt

October 20, 2019, 02:45:58 AM
Reply #2797

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Out to in runs are good.

With more footballers in today it provides a good balance.

October 20, 2019, 02:48:02 AM
Reply #2798

Shogun

Administrator
Out to in runs are good.

With more footballers in today it provides a good balance.

Will be interesting to see how that progresses as you'd assume he'd like to get Kean up front at some point and the threats that Walcott and Richarlison provide from the right are very different.

October 20, 2019, 02:53:50 AM
Reply #2799

ARTEZZY

Will be interesting to see how that progresses as you'd assume he'd like to get Kean up front at some point and the threats that Walcott and Richarlison provide from the right are very different.

You think Theo should be playing for Everton?

October 20, 2019, 02:56:17 AM
Reply #2800

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah could put Bernard right and Richarlison left but that negates the left side link up a bit.

October 20, 2019, 02:56:25 AM
Reply #2801

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

An Inconvenient Truth
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 20, 2019, 02:56:53 AM
Reply #2802

bigdunc9

Theo today has to play
You think Theo should be playing for Everton?

October 20, 2019, 02:57:37 AM
Reply #2803

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Gets in behind and that causes problems for the defence.

He’s a bit shit like, but still has something to be offer.

Shame he’s not got the goals in him anymore but I really like Lennon here and he’s no worse than him.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

October 20, 2019, 03:01:31 AM
Reply #2804

ARTEZZY

Theo today has to play
Really he was the same theo who has played for Everton forever? Wow if you think theo Walcott should be starting for Everton.