July 14, 2020, 03:37:06 AM

Author Topic: Silva’s Playbook  (Read 179647 times)

November 25, 2019, 08:05:02 PM
Reply #3135

KoemansNumberTens

Need to get our own shit in order before worrying about the shite winning the league. Most years there's a team relegated that you were amazed at how the got in that position.
I've always said where you come out from the hectic festive period is kinda where your gonna be. I can't see us being much out of the relegation zone if not in it come January. Relegation threatened teams get Squeeky bum time and brings out all the dodgy ref decisions, missed sitters in front of goal, calamities in defence.  Oh hang on that's what we've got already.

The worry is if we get sucked into a relegation battle we’ll be the only team who really doesn’t have the bottle for it. We aren’t good with pressure when there is none

November 25, 2019, 10:38:48 PM
Reply #3136

markB

has he gone yet

November 26, 2019, 01:07:06 AM
Reply #3137

Lxxx

The worry is if we get sucked into a relegation battle we’ll be the only team who really doesn’t have the bottle for it. We aren’t good with pressure when there is none

Without Silva at the helm there is enough shite in this league for us to pick up more than enough points to not worry about the drop. Bottle or no bottle. The key is to remove him asap.

November 26, 2019, 01:58:19 AM
Reply #3138

eyesalwaysblue

Time to put everyone out of the misery,,,including Silva
I still despise Clive Thomas..

November 26, 2019, 02:22:54 AM
Reply #3139

Thomas

This whole period has echoes of Mike Walker. Brought in to produce attractive football, indulged in luxury players (Samways etc) and left hard working players out. Then Big Joe came in, gave Everton some heart and identity back and even had a few players like Limpar/Kanchelskis who could play a bit too. Those where the first years I watched Everton. Whoever replaces Marco I want them to be a tactician, play percentages, appreciate hard work and MOST OF ALL .... identify with Everton FC, not bullshit our fans, take pride in the club and show any luxury players the door if necessary.

November 26, 2019, 02:25:01 AM
Reply #3140

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This whole period has echoes of Mike Walker. Brought in to produce attractive football, indulged in luxury players (Samways etc) and left hard working players out. Then Big Joe came in, gave Everton some heart and identity back and even had a few players like Limpar/Kanchelskis who could play a bit too. Those where the first years I watched Everton. Whoever replaces Marco I want them to be a tactician, play percentages, appreciate hard work and MOST OF ALL .... identify with Everton FC, not bullshit our fans, take pride in the club and show any luxury players the door if necessary.

Can I just ask, what's sparked your switch from 'Evertonian are philistines who adore hard working grafters with no ability' to 'what Everton need is hard working grafters with no ability'?

Remarkable about face.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 26, 2019, 02:28:36 AM
Reply #3141

Thomas

Can I just ask, what's sparked your switch from 'Evertonian are philistines who adore hard working grafters with no ability' to 'what Everton need is hard working grafters with no ability'?

Remarkable about face.

Tbf I am a contradiction. I like Simeone, Mourihno, Ranieri and (of days gone by) Heleno Herrara (Inter Milan) percentage football.

The crux is you can play that way and still have style. See Athletico Madrid and Mouirhnos Chelsea or Inter for a good example.

Otherwise I grew up and startd encountering Everton with Joe Parkinson in midfield and Paul Rideout up front. They gave their all.

Maybe I'm going through a conversion. What is certain though the next manager cannot be someone sticking to 433 and playing out from the back or attacking.

November 26, 2019, 02:32:35 AM
Reply #3142

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Tbf I am a contradiction. I like Simeone, Mourihno, Ranieri and (of days gone by) Heleno Herrara (Inter Milan) percentage football.

The crux is you can play that way and still have style. See Athletico Madrid and Mouirhnos Chelsea or Inter for a good example.

Otherwise I grew up and startd encountering Everton with Joe Parkinson in midfield and Paul Rideout up front. They gave their all.

Maybe I'm going through a conversion. What is certain though the next manager cannot be someone sticking to 433 and playing out from the back or attacking.

huh? I'd kill for someone to stick to 433, or better yet, try it one single time. And you don't want someone to stick with...attacking? What am I missing here.

maybe you meant 4231, I dunno
Playing FM20 24/7.

November 26, 2019, 02:34:56 AM
Reply #3143

kramer0

This whole situation winds me up.

Better team selections, better structure defending set pieces, and we don't even have to have this conversation.

Only Everton.

November 26, 2019, 02:35:18 AM
Reply #3144

Thomas

huh? I'd kill for someone to stick to 433, or better yet, try it one single time. And you don't want someone to stick with...attacking? What am I missing here.

maybe you meant 4231, I dunno

Check Sheff Utd out.

November 26, 2019, 03:00:04 AM
Reply #3145

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Check Sheff Utd out.

I have. So you want a 3-5-2 with overlapping fullbacks?

What's wrong with a 4-3-3 since we already have the talent to run that effectively?
Playing FM20 24/7.

November 26, 2019, 04:02:26 AM
Reply #3146

sam of the south

I have. So you want a 3-5-2 with overlapping fullbacks?

What's wrong with a 4-3-3 since we already have the talent to run that effectively?

It’s actually overlapping centre backs, believe it or not.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 26, 2019, 04:03:27 AM
Reply #3147

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
It’s actually overlapping centre backs, believe it or not.

Playing FM20 24/7.

November 26, 2019, 04:04:31 AM
Reply #3148

sam of the south

It’s pretty unchartered territory is what it is, Chris.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

November 26, 2019, 04:05:29 AM
Reply #3149

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
It’s pretty unchartered territory is what it is, Chris.

Well we can't even master the most common formation in existence, so that sounds like a master's thesis atm
Playing FM20 24/7.