October 24, 2018, 01:42:04 AM

Author Topic: Players Arrive  (Read 1194 times)

August 13, 2018, 02:46:02 PM
Read 1194 times

Waltzer

Taking my son up to the Fulham game on the 29th and he wants to try and meet some of the players before the game, when I was younger they used to turn up about 12:30 and just walk through the car park, but when we went last season they were already in by that time. Do people know when they start turning up and is it still easy to get photos/autographs etc? Thanks in advance

August 13, 2018, 05:37:01 PM
Reply #1

Bally

Administrator
I'll ask  ,koeman had them in early like so will double check.
It's the roll I way

August 13, 2018, 05:47:03 PM
Reply #2

Waltzer

I'll ask  ,koeman had them in early like so will double check.

Thanks, that'd be appreciated

August 14, 2018, 01:42:04 AM
Reply #3

phillyt

I donít think they will be doing it still. I was outside Goodison afterctge valencia game and Iím pretty sure they were getting on the coach by Goodison Road. Itís a shame really as since that players parade thing stopped Itís contributed to the disconnect between the players and fans. 
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

August 14, 2018, 01:57:37 AM
Reply #4

penguinofdoom1878

I took my lad to his first game season before last against Burnley, had to wait about an hour but all the players came out after had pictures and signed autographs, he had a photo with Barkley he was buzzing after it. Do they not do that anymore?

August 14, 2018, 03:39:27 AM
Reply #5

phillyt

I took my lad to his first game season before last against Burnley, had to wait about an hour but all the players came out after had pictures and signed autographs, he had a photo with Barkley he was buzzing after it. Do they not do that anymore?

They do that but because itís after the game itís a risk. If they have all had s bollocking itís head down onto the coach. It used to be before the match as they parked up they would walk in by the park end/bullens. It was great to see them do it I went a couple of times with my brother in law (he was just the excuse Tbf)
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

September 24, 2018, 01:58:10 PM
Reply #6

Waltzer

@Bally did you find out what time they turn up under Silva? Cheers

September 24, 2018, 02:27:38 PM
Reply #7

Bally

Administrator
@Bally did you find out what time they turn up under Silva? Cheers
Shit mate I forgot to put this up.
This is the reply I received from the club

The players arrive on a coach now so don't do anything pre-match. They return to their cars after the game so that is really the only opportunity.

It's the roll I way

September 24, 2018, 02:31:55 PM
Reply #8

Waltzer

The players arrive on a coach now so don't do anything pre-match. They return to their cars after the game so that is really the only opportunity.

Okay thanks, so not much point getting there early then!! :)

September 24, 2018, 02:36:42 PM
Reply #9

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Interesting, do they arrive on a coach having met up at Finch Farm or where ? Canít understand how they can arrive on a coach but their cars are at the ground ? Maybe they meet at the ground much earlier then go to FF for lunch or something ?

September 24, 2018, 02:39:18 PM
Reply #10

Cereal Killer

Interesting, do they arrive on a coach having met up at Finch Farm or where ? Canít understand how they can arrive on a coach but their cars are at the ground ? Maybe they meet at the ground much earlier then go to FF for lunch or something ?

A team of butlers drive their cars to the ground on their behalf....

September 24, 2018, 03:02:41 PM
Reply #11

Mac934

:hug:what a load of crap. Alienates the players and fans even more than ever. Maybe it's to stop their precious feelings being hurt if their told a few home truths. Always loved seeing the players arrive in the car park before the game. I remember a few years ago when Arsenal bus turned up at the entrance. I hoped to see the players get off, but instead these six foot high barriers appeared and couldn't see them get off the bus at all.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

September 24, 2018, 03:08:34 PM
Reply #12

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
:hug:what a load of crap. Alienates the players and fans even more than ever. Maybe it's to stop their precious feelings being hurt if their told a few home truths. Always loved seeing the players arrive in the car park before the game. I remember a few years ago when Arsenal bus turned up at the entrance. I hoped to see the players get off, but instead these six foot high barriers appeared and couldn't see them get off the bus at all.

Donít think the players are at all alienated from the fans ? There are probably very good logistical and practical reasons for the players to arrive at the same time rather than in cribs and drabs.

September 24, 2018, 03:33:25 PM
Reply #13

Bally

Administrator
Don't think the players are at all alienated from the fans ? There are probably very good logistical and practical reasons for the players to arrive at the same time rather than in cribs and drabs.
Point and case jermaine Beckford a few years ago.
It's the roll I way

September 24, 2018, 03:41:44 PM
Reply #14

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Point and case jermaine Beckford a few years ago.

Canít remember, what happened there ?