December 15, 2018, 10:06:45 AM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands interview 6pm Radio Merseyside  (Read 2822 times)

August 16, 2018, 02:35:28 PM
Reply #30

Hawkandro

Would’ve done anything to be sitting in Big Farhads gaff with the lads having few tinnies and smokes watching the England game.

"Easy, Marco. This is White Widow..."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 06:53:41 PM by Hawkandro »
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

August 16, 2018, 02:38:09 PM
Reply #31

Mouse

Its interesting that he’s fairly candid about everything. It’s often seemed that there’s still a lot of secrecy about transfers/ transfer plans here for both the clubs and players, and as such whenever anyone discusses anything (Lukaku, Leipzig re Lookman etc. there’s a general fume).

There seems to be a lot less emotion in transfers (generally, there’ll always be some exceptions for rivalries) away from here.
I suppose for them it is a simple business negotiation. Pressure, of course, but not like we feel as fans sat at home clicking refresh every 30 seconds and wondering why nothing is happening!

It seems we have a proper professional team in charge now. Every now and then I have to step back and think is this really the same club as ended the season with a reviled manager and a disfunctional DoF. Night and day.

August 16, 2018, 03:22:30 PM
Reply #32

Trowel

Interview with Brands in the second half of this Alan Myers video about our new offices:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11473755/evertons-iconic-new-headquarters
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

August 16, 2018, 04:48:24 PM
Reply #33

gizzblue

Love the article in the echo telling about them all around Mosh's London pad watching the England v Colombia game. Munching on Dominoes and drinking Stella (I may have made that big up)

Rumour has it Big Ally Usmanov was there too   :whistle:
Born not made a blue .

August 16, 2018, 04:59:36 PM
Reply #34

sam of the south

Rumour has it Big Ally Usmanov was there too   :whistle:

I bet he took that party up a few notches.

Top-class Russian hookers, the lot 👌🏼
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 16, 2018, 04:59:44 PM
Reply #35

Lazarou

Interview with Brands in the second half of this Alan Myers video about our new offices:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11473755/evertons-iconic-new-headquarters

The place looks stunning, very proud.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

August 16, 2018, 06:14:22 PM
Reply #36

Bluedylan

Its interesting that he’s fairly candid about everything. It’s often seemed that there’s still a lot of secrecy about transfers/ transfer plans here for both the clubs and players, and as such whenever anyone discusses anything (Lukaku, Leipzig re Lookman etc. there’s a general fume).

There seems to be a lot less emotion in transfers (generally, there’ll always be some exceptions for rivalries) away from here.

Speaks of someone who's much more secure in himself and in his role than the previous incumbent, demystifying the process and not hiding behind smoke and mirrors.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 16, 2018, 09:39:40 PM
Reply #37

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 16, 2018, 09:47:11 PM
Reply #38

Waltzer

Here's the 15 minute interview on Talksport:

https://talksport.com/football/411612/more-everton-players-leave-transfer-deadline-sporting-director-marcel-brands-talksport/

Comes across really well doesn't he?
Seems like a top bloke who gets things done although I wish he said more when asked about Usmanov, something along the lines of 'Yes, hes coming in and spending a wedge on us'

August 16, 2018, 10:18:10 PM
Reply #39

Gary1878

I reckon Marcel is an 18yr Laphroaig man. So smoky it blows the socks off of most people. Not our Marcel. He sees it as a pallet cleanser after a tough evening of negotiations.

August 17, 2018, 09:56:09 PM
Reply #40

blue1948

You have to feel it was a great decision from Mr Moshiri ,as said before no smoke and mirrors -Just don't fuck with him .Great interview and really impressed all round with him.