December 14, 2018, 02:04:56 AM

Author Topic: Niasse to Galatasaray  (Read 5855 times)

August 16, 2018, 03:11:54 PM
Reply #15

Lazarou

If we can get cash for him, get him bloody sold Marcel. Don't listen to the flappers  ;)
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

August 16, 2018, 03:13:34 PM
Reply #16

velimski

It'll be a sad day when that beautiful smiling bastard eventually leaves.

August 16, 2018, 03:14:27 PM
Reply #17

Waltzer

It is considering weíll be left with two strikers until January.

Makes no sense to sell a first team player with no chance of replacing them.

Our options arent that bad, and as others have alluded too, personally id rather play Walcott, Bernard or a false number 9 over Niasse or DCL

August 16, 2018, 03:15:31 PM
Reply #18

Gash

Global Moderator
Not really considering heís absolute trousers

Even as someone's who's not a big fan it still leaves us short of options up top. I'm not on board the DCL bandwagon yet and he certainly doesn't have the knack of getting goals like Niasse does. Unless Silva thinks Richarlison or Walcott can do a job as striker I can't see this being a goer.

August 16, 2018, 03:15:37 PM
Reply #19

Lxxx

Appreciate he might not be as graceful and flexible as Silva would like but he's a goalscorer and a nuisance and a game changer. Never a starter but from the bench to make things happen we'd struggle to replace him.

I'm leaning towards this being bollocks although Brands did say in his interview he hadn't hit the targets he would have liked in terms of the wage bill reduction.

August 16, 2018, 03:18:31 PM
Reply #20

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Our options arent that bad, and as others have alluded too, personally id rather play Walcott, Bernard or a false number 9 over Niasse or DCL

Donít know where the talk of Bernard upfront comes from. Heís never played that role in his life, if he has itís been very sparingly.

Walcott up front has never worked.

And the Richarlison thing? Again, Iím not sure why people want to see him upfront.

Itís proper Koemanball to get rid of an out and out striker and think the widemen and attacking midfielders can do a job.

Weíve got three strikers. No need to start messing round with it.

August 16, 2018, 03:28:30 PM
Reply #21

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Nobody is saying that really though, permanently - they are just suggesting that IF Tosun was injured we could probably get more joy from, for example, playing Richarlison through the centre with Walcott and Bernard or Lookman wide, rather than starting with Niasse up top. I like Niassse and as a late sub I think he is great with his randomness, but we've seen how poor he can be when starting, and many dont think DCL is the answer either (short term). This would only be assuming Tosun was injured long term, straight away, as well. You would also presume that they may have someone lined up if this was the case. As it is though, its just talk at the moment...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:30:54 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

August 16, 2018, 03:39:33 PM
Reply #22

Waltzer

Donít know where the talk of Bernard upfront comes from. Heís never played that role in his life, if he has itís been very sparingly.

Walcott up front has never worked.

And the Richarlison thing? Again, Iím not sure why people want to see him upfront.

Itís proper Koemanball to get rid of an out and out striker and think the widemen and attacking midfielders can do a job.

Weíve got three strikers. No need to start messing round with it.

I agree with what you're saying in large parts, and this might be down to what we class as a striker, but I dont hold much value to Niasse or DCL upfront. I get DCL has played large parts out wide and is young, but a striker with a strike rate of 1 in 8 isnt a striker to me, Niasse might just scrape in with 1 in 4 but its hardly impressive.
Bernard may never have played up front but id argue he'd get a better return than that, id actually say Coleman would be more clinical than DCL up top!

August 16, 2018, 03:41:33 PM
Reply #23

Lxxx

I agree with what you're saying in large parts, and this might be down to what we class as a striker, but I dont hold much value to Niasse or DCL upfront. I get DCL has played large parts out wide and is young, but a striker with a strike rate of 1 in 8 isnt a striker to me, Niasse might just scrape in with 1 in 4 but its hardly impressive.
Bernard may never have played up front but id argue he'd get a better return than that, id actually say Coleman would be more clinical than DCL up top!

I don't think a 5'4" 10 stone wet through newcomer to the English game is suited to playing up top on his own. 

August 16, 2018, 03:42:50 PM
Reply #24

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Honestly donít see how you can say Bernard would be more effective upfront than niasse and DCL.

What is it you see in him that makes you think he could play upfront?

August 16, 2018, 03:45:26 PM
Reply #25

Waltzer

Honestly donít see how you can say Bernard would be more effective upfront than niasse and DCL.

What is it you see in him that makes you think he could play upfront?

It wasnt saying its a like for like, it was more the fact that with him, or any of the other players mentioned we would have a better goal return imo than with DCL. Clearly he isnt going to lead the line, but if you had him as part of an attacking 3 I think our goal threat would be more than it would if we excluded him and replaced with DCL, just cause he claims to be a striker

August 16, 2018, 03:45:56 PM
Reply #26

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Richarlison would be the point man (hes not huge but hes a fair unit), with Walcott and Bernard more wide attack utilising their pace. Nobody in their right mind would suggest Bernard as a Target striker.

August 16, 2018, 04:06:14 PM
Reply #27

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Some serious wham being spouted in his thread
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 16, 2018, 04:15:53 PM
Reply #28

themilkycoffees

Appreciate he might not be as graceful and flexible as Silva would like but he's a goalscorer and a nuisance and a game changer. Never a starter but from the bench to make things happen we'd struggle to replace him.

I'm leaning towards this being bollocks although Brands did say in his interview he hadn't hit the targets he would have liked in terms of the wage bill reduction.

People want him gone for that exact reason. He's not graceful but he's effective. Twice as effective as Calvert-Lewin and can actaully finish when he's given the opportunity.

August 16, 2018, 04:20:17 PM
Reply #29

Lazarou

So far Brands has done nothing to doubt him, I think we can leave this one in his capable hands.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018