December 19, 2018, 04:08:08 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 15380 times)

August 20, 2018, 10:34:48 PM
Reply #15

Outworlder47

Would consider Zouma for Holgate here, as we'll have a mid-week cup game and it would be nice to not debut two new CBs (potentially) at the same time.

Pickford/Coleman, Zouma, Keane, Baines/Gueye, Davies/Walcott, Sigurdsson, Richarlison/Tosun. Get Bernard ~20 minutes late on, with a view to starting him in the cup game.

Then for the Rotherham match:
Stekelenburg/Coleman, Holgate, Mina, Digne/Gueye, Dowell/Walcott, Bernard, Lookman/Calvert-Lewin. Make some changes there but not a complete swap.

August 20, 2018, 10:41:08 PM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I can't see anything else than a pretty straight forward away win here

I can't even remember the last one of those. Our away form has been dreadful for a long time now. If Silva can turn that around it would be huge.

August 20, 2018, 10:48:45 PM
Reply #17

WeimaranerBlues

is Junior Stanislas injured loves a goal against us   

August 20, 2018, 11:11:09 PM
Reply #18

D15TIN

Would consider Zouma for Holgate here, as we'll have a mid-week cup game and it would be nice to not debut two new CBs (potentially) at the same time.

Pickford/Coleman, Zouma, Keane, Baines/Gueye, Davies/Walcott, Sigurdsson, Richarlison/Tosun. Get Bernard ~20 minutes late on, with a view to starting him in the cup game.

Then for the Rotherham match:
Stekelenburg/Coleman, Holgate, Mina, Digne/Gueye, Dowell/Walcott, Bernard, Lookman/Calvert-Lewin. Make some changes there but not a complete swap.
not a chance id throw zouma in for Holgate here imo, zouma not played any pre season - the Rotherham game is probably the perfect time to give him 90minutes, Holgate doing well too

August 20, 2018, 11:12:25 PM
Reply #19

Macca77

Weíre a long way off getting comfortable wins away from home.

Agree with this but this is Bournemouth, it's the type of away fixture we should be winning in my opinion, although our record there hasnt been great

August 20, 2018, 11:16:06 PM
Reply #20

Robioto

I think we will win this one. I know they've started well, but if we play better than we did last week, which I expect, we are a far better side. The challenge lies in keeping Wilson/King/Defoe quiet, three genunie goalscorers, Bournemouth will be fine again this season.

August 21, 2018, 12:00:58 AM
Reply #21

bluenuck

Starting to hate this fixture.

Bournemouth are a tough nut at home

August 21, 2018, 12:57:30 AM
Reply #22

Dr. Sponge

3-2 away win. Richarlison to score again.

August 21, 2018, 02:31:29 AM
Reply #23

Mouse

Always a tricky one and they've started well.

I don't think he'll change the back 4 yet, Keane and Holgate are doing ok and Keane is visibly growing in confidence. I can't see us changing much other than Davies for Schneiderlin depending on his fitness.

I fancy a draw but have a sneaky feeling we could win this. It will be a test and a marker for the Silva revolution. Can't wait, too many days between Saturdays.

Isn't it mad that we have so much confidence with only 1 new face in the starting 11? Shows the difference a 'coach' can make. Silva ticking a very big box for me. It's not just the quality of who you bring in but what you do with what you have. We may have the best of both worlds.

August 21, 2018, 03:09:12 AM
Reply #24

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I can't even remember the last one of those. Our away form has been dreadful for a long time now. If Silva can turn that around it would be huge.

Huddersfield in April ;)

Agree on overall point though

August 21, 2018, 03:11:46 AM
Reply #25

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Agree with this but this is Bournemouth, it's the type of away fixture we should be winning in my opinion, although our record there hasnt been great

If weíre going to finish 7th on c60-65 points thatís probably only 5-6 away wins.

Majority of those would be tight games that could go either way.

August 21, 2018, 04:01:38 AM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
As we havenít got a natural replacement for Morgan I expect a quite conservative 442 with Davies and Gana in the middle and Sig off Tosun.

Be compact and aggressive and hit them on the break.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 21, 2018, 04:41:11 AM
Reply #27

Jamokachi

Going to be tough this, think Bournemouth have looked really good in their first two games.

August 21, 2018, 04:44:29 AM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
5 points from the first three games with West Ham and Huddersfield at home would put us in a good position.

If we were to get a win here I think people might start to take notice of us. Itís not an easy place to take point from.

August 21, 2018, 04:50:59 AM
Reply #29

Cereal Killer

Going to be tough this, think Bournemouth have looked really good in their first two games.

I'm reserving judgement on them, they've played Cardiff and West Ham, two piles of shite