December 17, 2018, 08:31:46 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 15337 times)

August 21, 2018, 07:32:00 PM
Reply #45

Evertonian in NC

Great value from the bookmakers on a Draw (+247), as would typify us being the slightly better side facing the Comeback Cherries on their ground.

It's fun seeing the two of us near the top of the Table, above United (however temporary).
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 21, 2018, 07:37:43 PM
Reply #46

Bluedylan

Great value from the bookmakers on a Draw (+247), as would typify us being the slightly better side facing the Comeback Cherries on their ground.

It's fun seeing the two of us near the top of the Table, above United (however temporary).

I strongly fancy Spurs to win at Utd next week, so perhaps we'll be above them for a little while, if we can pick up points vs Bournemouth/Huddersfield/West Ham.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 21, 2018, 07:49:43 PM
Reply #47

Evertonian in NC

I strongly fancy Spurs to win at Utd next week, so perhaps we'll be above them for a little while, if we can pick up points vs Bournemouth/Huddersfield/West Ham.

I'm on a long drive this weekend, so I likely only get to watch our match.  But I am already looking forward to the Mourinho tantrum!  I think they could reprise the dive that his last Chelsea side took pre-Hiddink.  Would be enjoyable.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

August 21, 2018, 10:12:03 PM
Reply #48

Alanvideo

Think some people are getting a bit carried away. Our away record has been horrendous for a long time. We're not in any position to be expecting to win. We'll have some setbacks under Silva where some of the old players are still having teething problems with the new style, and Bournemouth are a good, settled side. Would love to win, but we're not in a position to be expecting it.

Also, pretty much every successful manager in the world uses zonal marking, or a hybrid style with some zonal marking.
..................Nobody's getting carried away but we have to start winning  at places like Bournemouth if we are to make any progress as a team .Despite your caution I still expect us to win this one.
Do all your successful managers who use zonal marking also advocate leaving a 2 metre  exclusion zone around the opposing centre forward ?  Ings was left totally unmarked to score .
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 21, 2018, 10:28:54 PM
Reply #49

sam of the south

..................Nobody's getting carried away but we have to start winning  at places like Bournemouth if we are to make any progress as a team .Despite your caution I still expect us to win this one.
Do all your successful managers who use zonal marking also advocate leaving a 2 metre  exclusion zone around the opposing centre forward ?  Ings was left totally unmarked to score .

The Ings on his own thing was the teething problems BD was referring to
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 21, 2018, 11:19:51 PM
Reply #50

AllyBlue14

.................hoping we ditch the zonal marking after the Ings goal  ???

Looked like we ditched it before the Ings goal!

August 21, 2018, 11:37:47 PM
Reply #51

Bluedylan

Don't get me wrong, we need to go there to win the game, and I'm 100% sure Silva and the players will be intending to win that game. I think Silva will have a plan for Man City away, and will intend to win the game. He's very much from that school of management, judging the way his Watford teams went at bigger teams (noteably the Chelsea away game).

I suppose I mean more on the fanbase side of things. Let's not lose our shit if we don't win, don't play well or both. It's going to happen this season at times, but let's have a longer term approach and not turn into Arsenal fans or West Ham fans, demanding unreasonable things yesterday, and lurching from one crisis to another.

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 21, 2018, 11:53:40 PM
Reply #52

Alanvideo

Don't get me wrong, we need to go there to win the game, and I'm 100% sure Silva and the players will be intending to win that game. I think Silva will have a plan for Man City away, and will intend to win the game. He's very much from that school of management, judging the way his Watford teams went at bigger teams (noteably the Chelsea away game).

I suppose I mean more on the fanbase side of things. Let's not lose our shit if we don't win, don't play well or both. It's going to happen this season at times, but let's have a longer term approach and not turn into Arsenal fans or West Ham fans, demanding unreasonable things yesterday, and lurching from one crisis to another.

.....................I think Silva will get plenty of slack as long as we fans can see the intent to play good footie and to try to win . The atmosphere at Goodison last Saturday was the best it's been for years and the team have to take that feelgood factor into games we traditionally find difficult.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 22, 2018, 12:13:03 AM
Reply #53

D15TIN

Think it might be one of those seasons for United - like when Moyes was there, or when Chelsea finished 10th the other year

they don't know their strongest XI and can see mourinho forcing them to sack him

August 22, 2018, 01:19:44 AM
Reply #54

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That Brooks we were linked with for a while looks bloody good. Wilson coming good as well.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 22, 2018, 08:31:55 PM
Reply #55

Robioto

Think some people are getting a bit carried away. Our away record has been horrendous for a long time. We're not in any position to be expecting to win. We'll have some setbacks under Silva where some of the old players are still having teething problems with the new style, and Bournemouth are a good, settled side. Would love to win, but we're not in a position to be expecting it.

Also, pretty much every successful manager in the world uses zonal marking, or a hybrid style with some zonal marking.

I agree but we have to turn this form on its head sometime. And I personally think it will be on Saturday against Bournemouth. We will be better again this weekend and while Bournemouth have started well we will be thier first real test (thought it was going to be West Ham, but they're shite as always).

August 22, 2018, 08:33:07 PM
Reply #56

Robioto

That Brooks we were linked with for a while looks bloody good. Wilson coming good as well.

I'm a big fan of Wilson, I think he would have got a big move if he didn't get injured and was out for most of Bournemouth's first Prem season.

August 22, 2018, 11:28:19 PM
Reply #57

American Evertonian

Need a betting thread
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

August 23, 2018, 12:04:37 AM
Reply #58

Gash

Global Moderator

August 23, 2018, 12:12:06 AM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can we have a stickied betting thread pls
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.