October 23, 2018, 03:30:34 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 13709 times)

August 23, 2018, 12:21:22 AM
Reply #60

Gash

Global Moderator
Can we have a stickied betting thread pls

There's a link on the post above, a big 300 odd page gambling thread on the General Forum.

You lads need to explore the site, there's more to NSNO than chatting shite on the Everton Forum, there's pages of lots of us chatting shite on the General Forum as well. :)

August 23, 2018, 01:13:27 AM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There's a link on the post above, a big 300 odd page gambling thread on the General Forum.

You lads need to explore the site, there's more to NSNO than chatting shite on the Everton Forum, there's pages of lots of us chatting shite on the General Forum as well. :)

I had a period of about a year where I posted almost exclusively on the General Forum I think.

I also think that betting is better placed on here for er... user experience reasons.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 23, 2018, 07:20:22 AM
Reply #62

Cuttyblue

EEEeeeeeazy, fellas...

Love the optimism, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.  FAR too early to judge Silva or our players at Everton this season.

A point would be a good result, a clean sheet (or even a win!) would be a great result.

It is certainly possible we get beat by a two+ goal margin and I don't want ppl to start questioning Silva right away.

I think there are some of us Evertonians overplaying the "it's not the players, it's the manager" thing...     

August 23, 2018, 08:03:18 AM
Reply #63

bornblue88

I certainly can't see us keeping a clean sheet, especially with Morgan injured. It'll be a good game for the neutral and hopefully we come out with the majority of the goals. Sit deep, keep it compact and hit them on the break, and wip more balls onto keane's head. 2-3

August 23, 2018, 12:37:05 PM
Reply #64

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
BTTS looks a good bet again.
My momma says I'm special.

August 23, 2018, 03:40:46 PM
Reply #65

Lxxx

Silva looks like a meticulous planner, completely different from the Martinez school of just do what we do and that should hopefully be good enough or Allardyce's playing to not concede and hopefully sneak something somehow.

I'm more confident of getting results way from home now with a manager who has a plan, with players who look as if they have a renewed sense of enthusiasm for the game.

August 23, 2018, 04:53:14 PM
Reply #66

sam of the south

Silva looks like a meticulous planner, completely different from the Martinez school of just do what we do and that should hopefully be good enough or Allardyce's playing to not concede and hopefully sneak something somehow.

I'm more confident of getting results way from home now with a manager who has a plan, with players who look as if they have a renewed sense of enthusiasm for the game.

Yes, good assessment; Koeman seemed to be from the Allardyce school, only with less backroom staff, less experience, and less defensive nous. I really think he succeeded at Southampton largely due to having a far more competent DOF, who recruited well and wouldn’t be bullied.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 23, 2018, 06:14:49 PM
Reply #67

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Marco Silva has managed two games against Bournemouth and won both  :thumbsup:

August 23, 2018, 06:26:02 PM
Reply #68

Macca77

Pre match press conference at 2.15

August 23, 2018, 06:44:49 PM
Reply #69

Bluedylan

In theory at least, we do have the players to be a good away side this season. Loads of pace on the break. Play a low block, draw them onto us, and hopefully Gylfi can find the right passes out to Walcott and Richarlison to exploit space in behind.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 23, 2018, 07:42:50 PM
Reply #70

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
In theory at least, we do have the players to be a good away side this season. Loads of pace on the break. Play a low block, draw them onto us, and hopefully Gylfi can find the right passes out to Walcott and Richarlison to exploit space in behind.

Marco loves a blistering counter.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 23, 2018, 09:41:08 PM
Reply #71

Toddacelli

If we do turn in a good performance and get 3 points it will be a great result.

More than that though, it's one of those things that will indicate change. If we do start to pick up 3 points away from home against teams like these it will show how far we have come. Not that we have yet, exactly, but there are certain things that if changed will make a real difference to the feel of Everton for fans and players.

I don't think I'm explaining myself well so let me list the sorts of things we have struggled with for a while:

Coming back from behind to win.
Winning games away from home.
Beating teams from bottom third of the league with ease, comfort and by some margin.
Putting in performances in both derbies and taking points off them.
Getting to finals.
Winning silverware.

These things all seem to evade us traditionally, as a rule. If we start ticking some of these off - things will really be changing for the better and in people's heads too.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

August 23, 2018, 10:24:39 PM
Reply #72

Macca77

Schneiderlin deffo out, Digne is fit, Zouma and Bernard available, to soon for Mina and Gomes, hoping to have them both in the squad after the international break.

August 24, 2018, 12:28:24 AM
Reply #73

Cozzie

Lonsdale slip ons everywhere

Love a good pair of Lonsdale slip ons me like.

August 24, 2018, 03:26:08 AM
Reply #74

American Evertonian

Schneiderlin deffo out, Digne is fit, Zouma and Bernard available, to soon for Mina and Gomes, hoping to have them both in the squad after the international break.

Will be surprised if Bernard gets game time until the cup match. Same with Zouma.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.