November 13, 2018, 04:40:14 AM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 14258 times)

August 25, 2018, 11:26:18 PM
Reply #30

sam of the south

A bit Pienaar like. He didn't get on the ball a tremendous amount so I think we'll get a better sense next few games.

In what way did he seem like Pienaar?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 25, 2018, 11:36:18 PM
Reply #31

sam of the south

We've had a soft underbelly and mental weakness as a club for a long time now. It's massively frustrating. We'll never push for Top 6 unless we can close a fucking game out.

It all felt inevitable, didnít it.

And I mean all of it.

The way we rather passively accept decisions, particularly soft red cards and pens, and the way we get twitchy when we are ahead, particularly in the latter stages of games.

August 25, 2018, 11:41:45 PM
Reply #32

sam of the south

And having achingly dull Osman as our token Evertonian in the media never speaking up for us (just like Ratcliffe)is part of the malaise: we just donít have any sort of public presence about us.

Now I know this is because we havenít won anything for a while, but then neither have Spurs, and they have loads of allies in the media fighting their corner and putting them in peoples minds, particularly kids looking for a side to support, and match officials.

August 26, 2018, 12:43:55 AM
Reply #33

sam of the south

England were superb from corners in the World Cup, but Colombia and Mina looked rock solid on set pieces against us.

That gives me another glimmer of hope.

With Richarlison out I reckon we will see DCL come in and use his touch and pace to burn Huddersfield, West Ham, and Arsenal.

August 26, 2018, 12:57:52 AM
Reply #34

sam of the south

I wonder if we seriously looked at bringing in a DM for proper big money?

Even with a fit Schneiderlin we couldíve done with better.

August 26, 2018, 02:55:22 AM
Reply #35

sam of the south

I think it shows how far we've come in a very short space of time. After last season, we finally have something to enjoy, the games are fun and exciting to watch and you always feel we're going to win.

Yep, we need to shore things up when leading, but we're not the first club to lose a two goal lead and we won't be the last either.

Last season we wouldn't even have had a two goal lead to lose!

Two away points to two tricky opponents and we're unbeaten too.

This season was always going to be one of knitting together and learning. Long way to go, but we're already much better than last season. There's tons of hope for a start. I expected us to win, and am disappointed we didn't, but in the grand scheme of things, we're going in the right direction and that's what I wanted to see.

Where are West Ham by the way? Weren't they supposed to be doing great things with their team?

If todayís match was your idea of fun you mustíve spunked your kecks if you ever had route canal ;)

August 26, 2018, 03:31:33 AM
Reply #36

sam of the south

Any side with half a clue kills it off at 2-0.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant to get it to that - but to then shit the bed and allow so much pressure, terrible.

Yeah, especially as they were reduced to 10 as well.

The Baines challenge was pivotal, obviously.

August 26, 2018, 04:41:10 AM
Reply #37

sam of the south

Poor that, isnít it.

No doubt weíll just get five minutes at most before they move swiftly on.

What was the Pickford-Silva friction you clocked, Ram?

August 26, 2018, 04:46:45 AM
Reply #38

sam of the south

Nothing game between two nothing sides imo.

I know we all have a bee in our bonnets about Efc perception in the media, and I do too 100% - but the ONLY way to do that is on the pitch.

No, itís more than that.

I remember clearly in Ď87, when we had just secured our 2nd league win in 3 seasons (could feasibly have been third in a row) the London edition of the Sunday Mirror, which always had pull-outs and spreads on the RS (and still does) had a one sentence report that stated: Everton secured the league championship at Carrow Road yesterday, with Pat Van Den Hauwe netting the 2nd minute winner in a 1-0 victory against Norwich City. 

August 26, 2018, 06:20:11 AM
Reply #39

sam of the south

It wasn't friction. Pickford went over to Silva at the time of Keane's head injury and said something and Silva looked concerned. I assume it was to do with the injury.

Man, I hope everything is alright

August 26, 2018, 06:25:03 AM
Reply #40

sam of the south

Between Pickford & Silva? Yeah, I'm sure it is. There was no dark facial expressions or anything like that. Just concern regarding Keane. Pickford was one of the ones who called out to stop play so he had a very good view of what happened, so I'm guessing he relayed his observations onto Silva.

No, with Keane.

It looked really worrying

August 26, 2018, 08:02:38 PM
Reply #41

sam of the south

I didn't think he was awful, or even bad tbh, he did OK (very well is a bit OTT). I just think away from home Baningime might have been better suited to replace Schniederlin, so I was wondering what happenned to him.

Heís been injured over pre-season I thought

August 27, 2018, 01:46:56 AM
Reply #42

sam of the south

................I didn't think Gash was being sarcastic  ???  just a bit of banter but no doubt the PC brigade will take a dim view of it.

Calm down, snowflake  :-*