December 10, 2018, 07:25:59 PM

Author Topic: Bournemouth v Everton  (Read 15209 times)

August 25, 2018, 11:25:58 PM
Reply #765

stirlingblue

Other teams will look at our zonal marking and be delighted with getting a corner.

It will get better as the players get used to the system.

Itís absolutely imperative that we win the header on the front post though, thatís been our problem so far

August 25, 2018, 11:26:18 PM
Reply #766

sam of the south

A bit Pienaar like. He didn't get on the ball a tremendous amount so I think we'll get a better sense next few games.

In what way did he seem like Pienaar?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

August 25, 2018, 11:26:37 PM
Reply #767

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah the game was turning as soon as we scored our second. They suddenly went far more attacking and we were clearly not handling the pressure well. It's mad that Silva didn't think to make a change. Not saying you need to go all defensive, that's not his style, but clearly we were tiring and some fresh legs, particularly in the middle of the park, would've worked wonders.

August 25, 2018, 11:27:56 PM
Reply #768

stirlingblue

Heís small

August 25, 2018, 11:28:30 PM
Reply #769

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

He's tiny :)

Other than that, it was the ball retention. He seems like he'd be good at holding the ball in tight spaces and releasing it. Again though, he was barely on the ball.

August 25, 2018, 11:28:53 PM
Reply #770

stirlingblue

Yeah the game was turning as soon as we scored our second. They suddenly went far more attacking and we were clearly not handling the pressure well. It's mad that Silva didn't think to make a change. Not saying you need to go all defensive, that's not his style, but clearly we were tiring and some fresh legs, particularly in the middle of the park, would've worked wonders.

We didnít have any fresh legs in the middle of the park to put on though.

At a push Dowell can play there but heís too lightweight to throw into this game

August 25, 2018, 11:33:12 PM
Reply #771

Bluedylan

We've had a soft underbelly and mental weakness as a club for a long time now. It's massively frustrating. We'll never push for Top 6 unless we can close a fucking game out.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

August 25, 2018, 11:35:52 PM
Reply #772

bluenuck

It's scary. Replace silva with Martinez and this exact post was probably made 3-4 years ago.

August 25, 2018, 11:36:18 PM
Reply #773

sam of the south

We've had a soft underbelly and mental weakness as a club for a long time now. It's massively frustrating. We'll never push for Top 6 unless we can close a fucking game out.

It all felt inevitable, didnít it.

And I mean all of it.

The way we rather passively accept decisions, particularly soft red cards and pens, and the way we get twitchy when we are ahead, particularly in the latter stages of games.

August 25, 2018, 11:36:39 PM
Reply #774

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber

It wasnt the players mentality today.  It was stupidity.  No way Baines should have given them any chance of the pen.  Just defend it properly.
My momma says I'm special.

August 25, 2018, 11:36:50 PM
Reply #775

Lxxx

There will be inevitable lazy comparisons to Martinez but theyíre probably fair under the circumstances.

5 conceded in 3 games against average opposition; shocking defending from corners and today the inability to make substitutions when they were badly needed to see the game out professionally.

Still early days but old habits die hard it seems.

August 25, 2018, 11:38:48 PM
Reply #776

Stumpy

Other teams will look at our zonal marking and be delighted with getting a corner.

I never have liked it and I never will it's a recipe for disaster,you mark men not fucking space.This needs to be sorted out and now.

August 25, 2018, 11:40:49 PM
Reply #777

bluenuck

There will be inevitable lazy comparisons to Martinez but theyíre probably fair under the circumstances.

5 conceded in 3 games against average opposition; shocking defending from corners and today the inability to make substitutions when they were badly needed to see the game out professionally.

Still early days but old habits die hard it seems.

Look, I'm tired okay. That was a 7am start for me after a night of drinking. I can make lazy comparisons all day today

August 25, 2018, 11:41:45 PM
Reply #778

sam of the south

And having achingly dull Osman as our token Evertonian in the media never speaking up for us (just like Ratcliffe)is part of the malaise: we just donít have any sort of public presence about us.

Now I know this is because we havenít won anything for a while, but then neither have Spurs, and they have loads of allies in the media fighting their corner and putting them in peoples minds, particularly kids looking for a side to support, and match officials.

August 25, 2018, 11:42:07 PM
Reply #779

eyesalwaysblue

would have taken this start 3 games with same defenders as last season and unbeaten, lot of improvement to find
but not dull at least.
I still despise Clive Thomas..