November 14, 2018, 05:45:51 PM

Author Topic: Keane  (Read 2323 times)

August 26, 2018, 04:16:43 AM
Read 2323 times

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Any news?
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

August 26, 2018, 04:32:38 AM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Won't be until tomorrow apparently having an mri scan but that's standard for a head injury

August 26, 2018, 04:45:24 AM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Won't be until tomorrow apparently having an mri scan but that's standard for a head injury

Heavy. Fingers crossed for him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 26, 2018, 04:54:20 AM
Reply #3

UnsyisaRhino

Looking at the way he went down and how his arms responded after he landed...I think he'll be out for a while.

Someone on my local team had a similar reaction last year and his concussion was labelled high severity and he's still not right.

that kind of response (arms and wrists tensing and flexing) is normally a pretty bad indicator.

August 26, 2018, 05:29:08 AM
Reply #4

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Six weeks minimum I reckon
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 26, 2018, 05:41:27 AM
Reply #5

Alanvideo

Just when he was  coming into a bit of form too. Hope he's ok.
We are special ,we are Everton.

August 26, 2018, 05:51:58 AM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Looking at the way he went down and how his arms responded after he landed...I think he'll be out for a while.

Someone on my local team had a similar reaction last year and his concussion was labelled high severity and he's still not right.

that kind of response (arms and wrists tensing and flexing) is normally a pretty bad indicator.

Itís a sign of *some level* of brain injury isnít it?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 26, 2018, 05:55:37 AM
Reply #7

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Worrying weíve heard nothing so far.

Looks more than your average head injury.

August 26, 2018, 06:35:51 AM
Reply #8

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Got him right on the temple didnít it?

August 26, 2018, 06:39:00 AM
Reply #9

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Worrying weíve heard nothing so far.

Looks more than your average head injury.

More than likely just precautionary. When this happens in rugby they don't give updates straight away.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 26, 2018, 06:48:38 AM
Reply #10

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
More than likely just precautionary. When this happens in rugby they don't give updates straight away.

They donít take many big hits so thereís no real rush Iíd have thought.

August 26, 2018, 06:57:10 AM
Reply #11

blueski

It was worrying how his arms twitched in the beginning and how motionless he was while being treated. Also clearly Pickford saw something of concern. Think this will be a serious one although I hope I'm wrong. Seemed like he got lots of treatment right away so you think he's got the best chance of being ok. Also thought the Bournemouth supporters were excellent about the incident it has to be said.
Nil Satis

August 26, 2018, 07:20:45 AM
Reply #12

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Twitching arms and passing out are parts of having a concussion.

August 26, 2018, 07:25:44 AM
Reply #13

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Presume he was the one in the ambulance leaving the ground from the main stand with blue lights flashing soon after the final whistle?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

August 26, 2018, 01:49:34 PM
Reply #14

Simon Paul

Administrator
It's a sign of *some level* of brain injury isn't it?
Trauma rather than injury.

Arteta fitted for about 2 minutes in the Bucharest game when he got knocked out and he was fine after a couple of night s rest.

Scans are standard too as Silas says and are purely to rule out injury (although strangely many brain injuries aren't obvious on early scans) and medics will use his mental state, conscious level and cognitive ability as indicators more than scans.

David Price takes heavier knock outs than that in sparring though so reckon Keano will be sound