October 15, 2019, 11:38:37 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Huddersfield  (Read 12823 times)

September 02, 2018, 06:12:11 PM
Reply #435

BlueForYou

Progress report:

Unbeaten and stable

We could quite conceivably pick up 15 points from our next 5 games

Play on
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 02, 2018, 06:21:49 PM
Reply #436

Mac934

So if we only look better going forward and we finished eighth last year then that's the least we can hope for this season so that's progress no? And that's ignoring my point about the new additions
I'm not ignoring the new additions. I agree they should improve the other departments. Jury is out on them until they've at least played some games. Don't you agree?

September 02, 2018, 06:33:24 PM
Reply #437

Mac934

While I agree with parts of this, I don't really see the point.

As a club, we're clearly in a better place off the field, and there have also been some encouraging signs on the pitch too. Hopefully even more so when the new players get involved properly. Zouma, for example, was great yesterday.

Of course, yesterday was frustrating but we're 4 games into the season! There are going to be games like this where teams sit in, but hopefully once all our options are back, we'll be better placed to break them down.

Annoying as it is, we just need to learn the lessons and move on.
Agreed, we are in a better place both on and off the pitch generally speaking. But we have thrown possibly 4 points away needlessly.  And we are not learning lessons are we! 4 goals conceded from set pieces using zonal marking. Not closing down games when 2-0 up with 15 mins to go. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

September 02, 2018, 06:58:13 PM
Reply #438

BlueForYou

Zonal marking - Silva's managerial weak point but work in progress

Silva also encourages quick thinking with fleet of foot on and off the ball - yesterday's disappointment
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 02, 2018, 07:18:28 PM
Reply #439

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
This season:

Championship winners Wolves (a) - 2-2
Southampton (h) - 2-1
Bournemouth (a) - 2-2
Huddersfield (h) - 1-1

Total: 6 points

Last season:

Championship winners Newcastle (a) - 1-0
Southampton (h) - 1-1
Bournemouth (a) - 1-2
Huddersfield (h) - 2-0

Total: 7 points

I think talk of an overall improvement on the pitch is premature, particularly after yesterday - albeit some areas are looking better, some worse. It's too early. It's going to take quite a while before we're able to know the longer-term impact the new manager and players will have, we're not yet in a position to judge.

September 02, 2018, 07:25:23 PM
Reply #440

School of Science

Don't think you'll see the best of this Everton side until nearer Christmas when all the new signings are match fit and bedded into the team and the way we play. Patience, it's frustrating but it takes time.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 02, 2018, 08:16:50 PM
Reply #441

American Evertonian

This season:

Championship winners Wolves (a) - 2-2
Southampton (h) - 2-1
Bournemouth (a) - 2-2
Huddersfield (h) - 1-1

Total: 6 points

Last season:

Championship winners Newcastle (a) - 1-0
Southampton (h) - 1-1
Bournemouth (a) - 1-2
Huddersfield (h) - 2-0

Total: 7 points

I think talk of an overall improvement on the pitch is premature, particularly after yesterday - albeit some areas are looking better, some worse. It's too early. It's going to take quite a while before we're able to know the longer-term impact the new manager and players will have, we're not yet in a position to judge.

Fair but we also are lacking a lot of potential first team players in this season's results.

I never thought I'd say this but "Thank God for the international break"
Are we there yet?

September 02, 2018, 08:25:23 PM
Reply #442

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Fair but we also are lacking a lot of potential first team players in this season's results.

I never thought I'd say this but "Thank God for the international break"

Pretty standard though. For example, last season our defence was completely fucked with Coleman (and Baines?) out for so long. Massively overlooked by many fans, but perhaps the biggest contributor to our awful first half of the season. Either that or the number of new players we tried to immediately integrate into the first team.

September 02, 2018, 08:31:46 PM
Reply #443

WeimaranerBlues

Lucky to pick up 7pts from them games last season-

September 02, 2018, 08:31:55 PM
Reply #444

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
we were handed a very fortuitous opening few games, and we haven’t really made the most of it.

We look quite average, although with better attacking options than last year, and are shipping goals at a concerning rate.

Jury is out on any new player who hasn’t played significant minutes at this level, so there’s no guarantee one of them is going to step in and take us up a level.

However, very happy with Richarlison and Zouma looks good.

The lack of a good CM, back up for Coleman (or you know..), goals up top, and no natural replacement for Theo who is very injury prone are all issues, but I think generally we are going to be fine.

65 points still very much on the table, but I would like to see some significant improvement in how many chances we are allowing and how many chances we are creating.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 02, 2018, 08:52:30 PM
Reply #445

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Whilst we have dropped needless points to teams we should be beating, I do think we can make those points up in the bigger games this season.

Plus as has been said we’re following a pattern of a 7th placed team.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

September 02, 2018, 09:55:06 PM
Reply #446

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Whilst we have dropped needless points to teams we should be beating, I do think we can make those points up in the bigger games this season.

Plus as has been said we’re following a pattern of a 7th placed team.

We better up our game against Soton in the cup, they’ve upped theirs now with Ings on fire.

September 02, 2018, 10:45:01 PM
Reply #447

bluenuck

we were handed a very fortuitous opening few games, and we haven’t really made the most of it.

We look quite average, although with better attacking options than last year, and are shipping goals at a concerning rate.

Jury is out on any new player who hasn’t played significant minutes at this level, so there’s no guarantee one of them is going to step in and take us up a level.

However, very happy with Richarlison and Zouma looks good.

The lack of a good CM, back up for Coleman (or you know..), goals up top, and no natural replacement for Theo who is very injury prone are all issues, but I think generally we are going to be fine.

65 points still very much on the table, but I would like to see some significant improvement in how many chances we are allowing and how many chances we are creating.

I think creating we will be fine, especially when we're healthy. I thought we actually looked creative against Huddersfield.

Chances allowed are a big problem. Same as no killer CM. I  think the two somewhat go hand in hand though.

Can't stand dropping points. It just pisses me off. I should probably avoid this site after we do.

September 02, 2018, 11:00:11 PM
Reply #448

KoemansNumberTens

We would've lost that game last year easily ..   

Baby steps moving forward ..I'm not that added about today's result tbh. ..we're still unbeaten and still learning the managers ways ... it will improve .

Sorry but this is ridiculous. We finished 8th last season and apparently won 10 of 19 home games. Claiming every result however shit is much better than we’d of done last season is just really daft

September 02, 2018, 11:29:36 PM
Reply #449

gizzblue

Sorry but this is ridiculous. We finished 8th last season and apparently won 10 of 19 home games. Claiming every result however shit is much better than we’d of done last season is just really daft

You opinion my opinion ... simples .I watched us throw away many a game exactly like that yesterday last year .
Born not made a blue .