November 12, 2018, 11:35:29 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Huddersfield  (Read 7819 times)

September 01, 2018, 11:04:49 PM
Reply #345

WeimaranerBlues

Well that was poor, we knew how they would set up, ala west brom , Stoke,. 1 shot piss poor effort. 

At least we aren't West ham

September 01, 2018, 11:05:16 PM
Reply #346

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Disappointed but also looking forward to players coming into the team. Need to work on things in training, crosses from Coleman needs to improve because they annoy the fuck out of me lately.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 01, 2018, 11:05:54 PM
Reply #347

Gash

Global Moderator
It was clear, the commentator mentioned it twice and the card came after he goes all out towards the lino.

Good, a deserved booking then. Still don't think it was a foul though.

September 01, 2018, 11:06:50 PM
Reply #348

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Absolute shite, I always back the manager but Silva has struck me as one we should have avoided after seeing what happened at Watford.

When will managers get it through their heads that zonal is a shit system (in England at least) I don't remember it working well for a single manager.

Coleman was fucking awful as well, at least Baines knows not to go forward because he can't get back, don't remember Seamus ever having a worse game for us.

According to Kevin Ratcliffe it worked for Kendall.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 01, 2018, 11:07:46 PM
Reply #349

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber

No wasnt a foul, Holgate lost control and was harsh to call the foul.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

September 01, 2018, 11:08:34 PM
Reply #350

Bluedylan

No but it’s hardly good either. We’ve played 4 bad teams. The zonal marking thing is an on going mess.
It’s too early to say much positive or negative about the manager.

Agreed. I still think overall it's been positive. Generally we've looked very good in attack but if you look at the attacking players we're missing, it's hardly surprising we were a bit blunt today, and we all know about the defence.

Does feel like we've dropped 6 points overall though. Always disappointing when you're trying to capitalise on the likes of Arsenal and Utd having bad starts.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 01, 2018, 11:08:45 PM
Reply #351

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Calvert Lewin, Schneiderlin and Zouma looked decent today. Everyone else was pretty poor. Digne started brightly

September 01, 2018, 11:09:33 PM
Reply #352

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
After 4 league games. Unbeaten, with a few dropped points. Hardly crisis time.

Seems a bit early to be giving it the smug treatment.

Who said anything about a crisis?

I've not been a Silva detractor, I take more of a wait and see approach.

I'm just generally bemused by the number of people who go on about new managers as if they're the messiah after barely any time. It's the modern fan.

September 01, 2018, 11:09:33 PM
Reply #353

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
On a bright note, I like Digne.

We looked better first half but the injuries and absentees have accumulated to the point where we finished that game with a side missing potentially 5 or 6 starting players. It’s not an excuse when you saw our bench, it does make a difference.

September 01, 2018, 11:10:17 PM
Reply #354

sam of the south

Let it go
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 01, 2018, 11:10:24 PM
Reply #355

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Absolute shite, I always back the manager but Silva has struck me as one we should have avoided after seeing what happened at Watford.

When will managers get it through their heads that zonal is a shit system (in England at least) I don't remember it working well for a single manager.

Coleman was fucking awful as well, at least Baines knows not to go forward because he can't get back, don't remember Seamus ever having a worse game for us.

Well fuck me if this isn’t the first “Silva out” shout of the season ! That didn’t take long, let’s see if you were right in saying he is one we should have avoided in a couple of months shall we.

September 01, 2018, 11:11:04 PM
Reply #356

Bluedylan

Who said anything about a crisis?

I've not been a Silva detractor, I take more of a wait and see approach.

I'm just generally bemused by the number of people who go on about new managers as if they're the messiah after barely any time. It's the modern fan.

Nah, the modern fan is waiting for summat shit to happen, and then piping up about it out of the blue in a smug, know-it-all fashion.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 01, 2018, 11:11:52 PM
Reply #357

Shogun

Administrator
Thought Digne had nothing on Baines tbh.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 01, 2018, 11:14:04 PM
Reply #358

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Digne had nothing on Baines tbh.

Think they’re pretty similar other than Baines can probably still deliver a better set piece.

September 01, 2018, 11:15:44 PM
Reply #359

Gash

Global Moderator