November 15, 2018, 07:05:48 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Huddersfield  (Read 7994 times)

September 02, 2018, 01:27:35 AM
Reply #390

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, his place is safe, he's still way above Kenny.

Says more about our squad than it does Coleman.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 02, 2018, 01:30:59 AM
Reply #391

UnsyisaRhino

Siggy suffered from the same issues as tosun, nobody willing or able to play the ball to them when they made a good run.

He'd make 4 or 5 long busting efforts to close people down or get into space...and then he finally gets the ball somewhere dangerous and he's  blowing out of his arse and it breaks down.

I lost count of the number of times I watched him get visibly frustrated that he didn't get the ball after finding space.

September 02, 2018, 01:37:21 AM
Reply #392

sam of the south

Says more about our squad than it does Coleman.

Colemanís been targeted a bit by opposing managerís at the start of this season, and heís been done a few times for pace.

He hasnít been great going forward either.

Maybe he wonít be the same after that injury, plus, of course, he is turning 30 next month.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 02, 2018, 01:43:17 AM
Reply #393

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Regardless of your positive or negative frame of mind itís 6 points from 12 from the easiest opening sequence of games we could have asked for.

Not that easy. We should be on more points, not going by todayís game but the last away game. And there is context with two red cards and all the injuries.

8 pts wouldíve been good between two away games and two home games. 6 pts is a bit disappointing, but again there is context given the side we finished the game with and our overall transition.

Itís hard to expect a complete transformation overnight and Iíd still argue weíve looked better than in recent seasons even with all these issues going on.

September 02, 2018, 01:53:14 AM
Reply #394

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I hate throwing the towel in early but were not gonna win the league this season are we 😫
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 02, 2018, 02:05:48 AM
Reply #395

Cereal Killer

We just looked like what we are at the moment, a upper mid-table side that will finish 7th/8th, currently missing the guile and ability to break down an ultra defensive team

We've looked better than last year in some of the games so far, but haven't shown anything that'll have us challenging the top 6

Which after all the changes and new signings is pretty much to be expected

September 02, 2018, 02:57:45 AM
Reply #396

bluenuck

Disappointing but not particularly surprising. Without Richarlison we look toothless, without him and Walcott we look exactly as we did a year ago.

Sigurdsson rolling back the clock to his anonymous beginnings an all. A number ten that we canít get the ball to is like a Ferrari with no steering wheel.

It's all this. Richarlison and Walcott are our game changers. Walcott was giving it a good go up until he hurt himself and then when he went off we could really see how mediocre we actually are.

Not having Richarlison for these two games is a killer. He would terrorize teams like this.

I fear another draw in 2 weeks and - I said it in the season prediction thread as well - a looooooong season of plodding along point by point like we are right now. Gonna have to tough it out.

September 02, 2018, 03:18:51 AM
Reply #397

Mayor Farnum

We need a separate thread for those who
go to the game and those who watch a stream.

September 02, 2018, 03:26:03 AM
Reply #398

Cuttyblue

I accept your premise (I live outside the UK).  What are you seeing at Goodison that differs from the opinions posted here?

September 02, 2018, 03:46:35 AM
Reply #399

Free Agent

Think I will give motd a miss today

September 02, 2018, 03:55:16 AM
Reply #400

Gash

Global Moderator

It's just opinions. As an example we've seen plenty of it over the years on here, some of the most clueless posters go to the game every week, by contrast, some of the most knowledgeable posters have never set foot in Goodison. Going to the game you see more but it doesn't automatically mean people know what they're talking about more than those who don't get to the game.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:58:01 AM by Gash »

September 02, 2018, 03:56:34 AM
Reply #401

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I have a season ticket and let me tell you thereís some absolute clueless gobshites that go the game.

September 02, 2018, 04:02:46 AM
Reply #402

WeimaranerBlues

September 02, 2018, 04:06:29 AM
Reply #403

Thornton_19

I have a season ticket and let me tell you there's some absolute clueless gobshites that go the game.
Was at the Rotherham game and a older lad next to me was fuming that we were 'just passing it about' and not 'just fucking pump it in the box'

Bet he goes home and talks about BarÁas passing being amazing too.

September 02, 2018, 04:06:36 AM
Reply #404

Mayor Farnum

It's just opinions. As an example we've seen plenty of it over the years on here, some of the most clueless posters go to the game every week, by contrast, some of the most knowledgeable posters have never set foot in Goodison. Going to the game you see more but it doesn't automatically mean people know what they're talking about more than those who don't get to the game.

So one assumes they would not object to a separate thread.