November 17, 2018, 03:40:26 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Huddersfield  (Read 8037 times)

September 02, 2018, 04:15:30 AM
Reply #405

bluenuck

So one assumes they would not object to a separate thread.

How do you think we played?

September 02, 2018, 04:33:39 AM
Reply #406

Macca77

We were shit, no point in sugar coating it, passing was terrible, didn't create anything at all. It happens, get over it and let's look forward to the next game.

September 02, 2018, 04:34:08 AM
Reply #407

UnsyisaRhino

I have a season ticket and let me tell you there’s some absolute clueless gobshites that go the game.

Same and I think this most weeks, although others roubd me probably think the same of me. That's football.

September 02, 2018, 04:42:57 AM
Reply #408

Mayor Farnum

How do you think we played?

Not particularly well to be honest. Although I thought we failed to take advantage of a Wolves side suffering stage fright, were lucky not to concede more against a one dimension Southampton side and should have been able to defend a two goal lead with less than ten minutes to go against Bournemouth. So I maybe less surprised than most.

September 02, 2018, 04:43:14 AM
Reply #409

Shogun

Administrator
I have a season ticket and let me tell you there’s some absolute clueless gobshites that go the game.

You’re not that bad mate
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 02, 2018, 04:49:31 AM
Reply #410

bluenuck

Not particularly well to be honest. Although I thought we failed to take advantage of a Wolves side suffering stage fright, were lucky not to concede more against a one dimension Southampton side and should have been able to defend a two goal lead with less than ten minutes to go against Bournemouth. So I maybe less surprised than most.

I'm not surprised to be honest. Predicted a loss actually in the prediction thread. Lol. I think we're in for another cant get off the runway type season. Can only hope for slow signs of improvement and improved style of play, then another good summer.

Slowly by surely.

September 02, 2018, 05:26:08 AM
Reply #411

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Come on lads.  Stay away from the bleach until after we've seen the team at fulm strength.  We're still unbeaten with predominently last seasons players, and have conceded 90% of our goals from set pieces.  Its not like someone we'd hope to beat has steamrollered us.
My momma says I'm special.

September 02, 2018, 05:49:48 AM
Reply #412

indiantoffee1975

Terrible game, compounded further with a horrendous journey to and from the game full of speed restrictions and lane closures. One to forget.

September 02, 2018, 07:27:07 AM
Reply #413

Gash

Global Moderator
So one assumes they would not object to a separate thread.

One? I know you call yourself 'Mayor' but it hardly puts you in the "one" category. ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 07:32:54 AM by Gash »

September 02, 2018, 07:31:31 AM
Reply #414

gizzblue

We need this international break more than ever ...get the rest of this squad up to speed and fighting for places .

Born not made a blue .

September 02, 2018, 12:22:05 PM
Reply #415

bluenuck

Come on lads.  Stay away from the bleach until after we've seen the team at fulm strength.  We're still unbeaten with predominently last seasons players, and have conceded 90% of our goals from set pieces.  Its not like someone we'd hope to beat has steamrollered us.

We've hung on to grab a point against Huddersfield at home, and Bournemouth when we were up 2 with 15 to go.

I'd say that's 4 points dropped fairly easily. Just thrown away.

That's my only gripe so far and I don't see it as being a bad one. Those are 4 points we should have right now. No excuses.

September 02, 2018, 12:57:57 PM
Reply #416

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

One thing that people have to remember is that if we’re going to finish 7th (realistically we’re unlikely to be better than that) with about 60-65 points, and 65 would be a v good season for us (only done 65+ twice in PL I think and from where we were 3 of last 4 seasons) then you have performances and results like this, or the two away games, quite a lot.

In terms of overall mood and such that’s what people need to balance.

If you’re only finishing 7th then you generally get 7th performances on average.

September 02, 2018, 01:33:41 PM
Reply #417

bluenuck

One thing that people have to remember is that if we’re going to finish 7th (realistically we’re unlikely to be better than that) with about 60-65 points, and 65 would be a v good season for us (only done 65+ twice in PL I think and from where we were 3 of last 4 seasons) then you have performances and results like this, or the two away games, quite a lot.

In terms of overall mood and such that’s what people need to balance.

If you’re only finishing 7th then you generally get 7th performances on average.

Really?

You're going to justify the dropped points like this?

At this pace we'll be lucky to finish 7th.

September 02, 2018, 02:06:20 PM
Reply #418

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
We've hung on to grab a point against Huddersfield at home, and Bournemouth when we were up 2 with 15 to go.

I'd say that's 4 points dropped fairly easily. Just thrown away.

That's my only gripe so far and I don't see it as being a bad one. Those are 4 points we should have right now. No excuses.

We didnt 'hang on'.  We looked gassed, but there wasn't any point in the second half where I thought we'd lose.  We just didnt have the energy or quality to produce a bit of magic against yet another defensive spoiler team.

September 02, 2018, 02:14:10 PM
Reply #419

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Really?

You're going to justify the dropped points like this?

At this pace we'll be lucky to finish 7th.

6pts from 4 games is pretty much bang on the pace that will get you 7th.

You have no way of including extenuating circumstances in your view of results, do you?

Do you really think a point away to a newly promoted team in their first home game with 10 men, a point away to a team with form for comebacks when we also played 60 minutes with 10 men, and a point at home when decimated by injuries isn't progress? We should have had penalties in both the last two games too.

Last season we'd have lost all 3 of the drawn games.