October 24, 2019, 06:59:25 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Huddersfield  (Read 13075 times)

September 01, 2018, 07:01:01 PM
Read 13075 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Testament to the increased quality in our squad we should still have a very strong eleven out there today

September 01, 2018, 09:53:37 PM
Reply #1

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Think Tosun and Calvert Lewin playing well together for me. Enjoying how we are playing and we are defending well outside of the setpieces. We are definitely the better side here we just need to make our quality tell. Digne already looks like a very astute signing he's very Baines like which is the highest compliment I can give him

September 01, 2018, 10:43:06 PM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's a poor result if we draw this, it really is.

September 01, 2018, 10:44:14 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Lookman's got no chance of getting a run if he's going to play in this fashion. He's just running into players

September 01, 2018, 11:01:18 PM
Reply #4

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Very poor second half a good start to the season has become an average one. We've got injuries but that team still should have been good enough

September 01, 2018, 11:08:45 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Calvert Lewin, Schneiderlin and Zouma looked decent today. Everyone else was pretty poor. Digne started brightly

September 01, 2018, 11:19:38 PM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Digne set up a goal and played well.

We’ve got to get over Baines.

Although I do like him coming on when we need a bit extra

They've both got a role here and Digne showed today he's not out of place as the starter.

September 01, 2018, 11:20:52 PM
Reply #7

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Walcott and Richarlison are massive for us. Not sure how Lookman has done well for Leipzig never really seen him offer anything for us that screams starter.

September 01, 2018, 11:24:25 PM
Reply #8

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
That was pretty dire in general though.

The three in the middle offered nothing on the ball.

And another goal conceded from a set piece.

Yeah Sigurddsson was poor aside one great through ball for Tosun. Tom Davies runs around aot and Schneiderlin is fine at what he does but that's all he does. Got to hope Gomes can come in at some point and offer something different

September 01, 2018, 11:26:09 PM
Reply #9

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Think Gueye might have offered something today with it being such a niggly game

September 02, 2018, 02:33:39 PM
Reply #10

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Really?

You're going to justify the dropped points like this?

At this pace we'll be lucky to finish 7th.

That's the point though, we are likely to pick up this pace. We've got Richarlison to come back in, Gomes to get a game, Digne to settle and Bernard to hopefully add an exciting option. That's without even thinking about Mina as an extra defensive option. The likelihood is we will improve quite a lot in the coming months and aside from yesterday we have looked better than last season when we finished eighth.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 07:10:25 PM by Silas »

September 02, 2018, 03:00:21 PM
Reply #11

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
we have only looked better than last season going forward. The rest is just the same as before. We gave up midfield to Huddersfield, defence all at sea for set pieces, and only 1 shot on target, 1 SHOT ON TARGET! At home. FFS come on. I agree with the 10 men against Wolves, but not Bournemouth as we went 2 up with 10 men. So that is unforgiving.

So if we only look better going forward and we finished eighth last year then that's the least we can hope for this season so that's progress no? And that's ignoring my point about the new additions

September 02, 2018, 03:57:02 PM
Reply #12

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
This isn't even a discussion for me. No excuses. Bournmouth and Huddersfield were 3 points each. We blew it.

We look better, it's going to take time. I get it. But those were dropped points. No excuses. We fucked it up.

Not sure we are having the same conversation or anyone is saying anything different