August 17, 2019, 06:06:16 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Huddersfield  (Read 10935 times)

August 31, 2018, 07:20:12 PM
Read 10935 times

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 01, 2018, 08:45:30 PM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

He’s spiralled back in time where Martinez is still manager

Sounds like a Walter Smith flashback, that. A striker at left back.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

September 01, 2018, 09:49:22 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Nice lesson this for Richarlison that his place isnt guaranteed here with DCL doing everything to push him for it.

Richarlison's straight back in. Tosun's place might be under some pressure though.

September 01, 2018, 10:56:43 PM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Wonder if people will still be wanking themselves silly about Silva on the forum after this.

After 4 league games. Unbeaten, with a few dropped points. Hardly crisis time.

Seems a bit early to be giving it the smug treatment.

September 01, 2018, 11:08:34 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

No but it’s hardly good either. We’ve played 4 bad teams. The zonal marking thing is an on going mess.
It’s too early to say much positive or negative about the manager.

Agreed. I still think overall it's been positive. Generally we've looked very good in attack but if you look at the attacking players we're missing, it's hardly surprising we were a bit blunt today, and we all know about the defence.

Does feel like we've dropped 6 points overall though. Always disappointing when you're trying to capitalise on the likes of Arsenal and Utd having bad starts.

September 01, 2018, 11:11:04 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

Who said anything about a crisis?

I've not been a Silva detractor, I take more of a wait and see approach.

I'm just generally bemused by the number of people who go on about new managers as if they're the messiah after barely any time. It's the modern fan.

Nah, the modern fan is waiting for summat shit to happen, and then piping up about it out of the blue in a smug, know-it-all fashion.

September 02, 2018, 12:37:31 AM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

Yeah Tom Davies isn't really kicking on, is he? (which isn't to say that he won't, but I would've hoped for a bit more by now)

Like Barkley got loads of stick, but at least he would have a dazzling game or some dazzling moments in games to get behind. With Tom I just feel like he's drifting through games a bit, without really influencing them in any department.

September 02, 2018, 03:44:54 PM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

I understand all the frustrations, and I'm sure we all share them. We could quite conceivably be sat here on 15 points, if things had been slightly different. But we've got to give things time. Klopp finished 8th in his first season, for example. It takes time to instill new methods in players who have been doing things differently for a long time.

I know its a boring message, because people want change now and want everything now, but it just doesn't happen like that. Look at Emery at Arsenal, Pellegrini at West Ham etc. There will be days like yesterday, and we need to keep things in context. Imagine when we lose a game 3-0 at some point. Is everything going to lose their shit?

September 02, 2018, 05:35:22 PM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

A lot of our fans need to study the meaning of the word patience, some of the stuff I've read is embarrassing, 4 games played and Silva is already shit

I do think it's a general issue with 'society' now. Emery was getting slaughtered for losing his opening game to Man City. We hyper analyse every game to death now, and that leads to this anxiety and impatience.

In the past, managers would get months, or even seasons to build something. You wouldn't have every game under massive scrutiny.

Thing is, it's the way it is now. I'm not sure there's any way to change it or do anything about it. We're just gonna have to put up with people losing their shit every time we draw, or the manager doesn't make the right substitution or whatever else.