November 15, 2018, 06:52:55 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Huddersfield  (Read 7983 times)

September 02, 2018, 02:18:26 PM
Reply #420

bluenuck

6pts from 4 games is pretty much bang on the pace that will get you 7th.

You have no way of including extenuating circumstances in your view of results, do you?

Do you really think a point away to a newly promoted team in their first home game with 10 men, a point away to a team with form for comebacks when we also played 60 minutes with 10 men, and a point at home when decimated by injuries isn't progress? We should have had penalties in both the last two games too.

Last season we'd have lost all 3 of the drawn games.

Nsno

I'm sorry if I expect more from Huddersfield at home, and being up 2 with 15 to go against bournemouth
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 02:24:05 PM by bluenuck »

September 02, 2018, 02:33:39 PM
Reply #421

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Really?

You're going to justify the dropped points like this?

At this pace we'll be lucky to finish 7th.

That's the point though, we are likely to pick up this pace. We've got Richarlison to come back in, Gomes to get a game, Digne to settle and Bernard to hopefully add an exciting option. That's without even thinking about Mina as an extra defensive option. The likelihood is we will improve quite a lot in the coming months and aside from yesterday we have looked better than last season when we finished eighth.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 07:10:25 PM by Silas »

September 02, 2018, 02:42:54 PM
Reply #422

Mac934

That's the point though, we are kindly to pick up this pace. We've got Richarlison to come back in, Gomes to get a game, Digne to settle and Bernard to hopefully add an exciting option. That's without even thinking about Mina as an extra defensive option. The likelihood is we will improve quite a lot in the coming months and aside from yesterday we have looked better than last season when we finished eighth.
we have only looked better than last season going forward. The rest is just the same as before. We gave up midfield to Huddersfield, defence all at sea for set pieces, and only 1 shot on target, 1 SHOT ON TARGET! At home. FFS come on. I agree with the 10 men against Wolves, but not Bournemouth as we went 2 up with 10 men. So that is unforgiving.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

September 02, 2018, 03:00:21 PM
Reply #423

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
we have only looked better than last season going forward. The rest is just the same as before. We gave up midfield to Huddersfield, defence all at sea for set pieces, and only 1 shot on target, 1 SHOT ON TARGET! At home. FFS come on. I agree with the 10 men against Wolves, but not Bournemouth as we went 2 up with 10 men. So that is unforgiving.

So if we only look better going forward and we finished eighth last year then that's the least we can hope for this season so that's progress no? And that's ignoring my point about the new additions

September 02, 2018, 03:25:51 PM
Reply #424

bluenuck

That's the point though, we are kindly to pick up this pace. We've got Richarlison to come back in, Gomes to get a game, Digne to settle and Bernard to hopefully add an exciting option. That's without even thinking about Mina as an extra defensive option. The likelihood is we will improve quite a lot in the coming months and aside from yesterday we have looked better than last season when we finished eighth.

This isn't even a discussion for me. No excuses. Bournmouth and Huddersfield were 3 points each. We blew it.

We look better, it's going to take time. I get it. But those were dropped points. No excuses. We fucked it up.

September 02, 2018, 03:29:42 PM
Reply #425

Lxxx

We’re there boos after the game?

September 02, 2018, 03:44:54 PM
Reply #426

Bluedylan

I understand all the frustrations, and I'm sure we all share them. We could quite conceivably be sat here on 15 points, if things had been slightly different. But we've got to give things time. Klopp finished 8th in his first season, for example. It takes time to instill new methods in players who have been doing things differently for a long time.

I know its a boring message, because people want change now and want everything now, but it just doesn't happen like that. Look at Emery at Arsenal, Pellegrini at West Ham etc. There will be days like yesterday, and we need to keep things in context. Imagine when we lose a game 3-0 at some point. Is everything going to lose their shit?

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 02, 2018, 03:57:02 PM
Reply #427

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
This isn't even a discussion for me. No excuses. Bournmouth and Huddersfield were 3 points each. We blew it.

We look better, it's going to take time. I get it. But those were dropped points. No excuses. We fucked it up.

Not sure we are having the same conversation or anyone is saying anything different

September 02, 2018, 04:33:25 PM
Reply #428

AllyBlue14

While I agree with parts of this, I don't really see the point.

As a club, we're clearly in a better place off the field, and there have also been some encouraging signs on the pitch too. Hopefully even more so when the new players get involved properly. Zouma, for example, was great yesterday.

Of course, yesterday was frustrating but we're 4 games into the season! There are going to be games like this where teams sit in, but hopefully once all our options are back, we'll be better placed to break them down.

Annoying as it is, we just need to learn the lessons and move on.

September 02, 2018, 04:35:50 PM
Reply #429

74Blue

Throughout the course of a season, it's quite normal to have a few games where you're not quite at the races. We have to remember that this team is still very much in transition, following the shit-storms that were the last 12-18 months of Martinez, a big chunk of Koeman's time here, then fucking Sam Allardyce and his fucking god-awful negative tactics.
It is going to take a little time for Silva to fully put his own personal stamp on the side, but unbeaten in the league so far, the signs are quite positive. Whilst we have had a relatively comfortable start in terms of fixtures, a couple of these games would have seen us defeated last season, so it's not all bad.
We have a few more players to bed in, Bernard, Mina  and Gomes, plus a few who are already settling in nicely, Richarlison, Zouma and Digne.
Let's look at the positives. Digne's cross for DCL's equaliser today was straight from the vintage Leigton Baines book of perfection, Zouma is already settling fast and looks like he has the potential to be a beast, and Richarlison was flying until that stupid sending off, which he will learn from.
We've got another two from Barcelona to come in yet, plus a little Brazilian who has Neymar keeping him out of the Brazilian national team.
The transition is going reasonably well. We've ditched a fair amount of shite and replaced with what looks like quality. Kurt Zouma or Ashley Williams? Richarlison or the current spoilt brat version of Kevin Mirallas? Lucas Digne or Cuco Martina? You decide...

September 02, 2018, 04:39:06 PM
Reply #430

Alanvideo

We’re there boos after the game?
...................only for the ref because he didn't deal with Huddersfield's time wasting. To be honest we wouldn't have scored if we'd played another hour.
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 02, 2018, 04:52:14 PM
Reply #431

eyesalwaysblue

Not worried about scoring but defence still all over the place, we have good individual defenders but don't seem organised at all, needs a lot of work back there.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 02, 2018, 05:27:41 PM
Reply #432

Macca77

A lot of our fans need to study the meaning of the word patience, some of the stuff I've read is embarrassing, 4 games played and Silva is already shit

September 02, 2018, 05:35:22 PM
Reply #433

Bluedylan

A lot of our fans need to study the meaning of the word patience, some of the stuff I've read is embarrassing, 4 games played and Silva is already shit

I do think it's a general issue with 'society' now. Emery was getting slaughtered for losing his opening game to Man City. We hyper analyse every game to death now, and that leads to this anxiety and impatience.

In the past, managers would get months, or even seasons to build something. You wouldn't have every game under massive scrutiny.

Thing is, it's the way it is now. I'm not sure there's any way to change it or do anything about it. We're just gonna have to put up with people losing their shit every time we draw, or the manager doesn't make the right substitution or whatever else.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 02, 2018, 05:36:55 PM
Reply #434

stirlingblue

We could quite conceivably be sat here on 15 points

Even Guardiola isn't good enough to get 15 points from 4 games :P