November 17, 2018, 04:20:38 AM

Author Topic: Tom Davies  (Read 3993 times)

September 03, 2018, 03:56:42 AM
Reply #45

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
..............well I don't know where you sit but people round me were pleased to see Siggy come off ,he was anonymous. As I said ,I believe most people  like Davies and think he'll progress.

I was annoyed at Sigurdsson coming off to be honest, because we were having trouble breaking down a side making chances, throwing on everyone’s favourite wildcard to spoon a few out for a throw in wasn’t going to help.

But, Sigurdsson was absolutely anonymous yeah.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 03, 2018, 04:40:03 AM
Reply #46

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
.....................is Davies getting in the ear though ?  I don't hear anyone giving him grief apart from the disappointed groans when a pass goes astray but that applies to every player everywhere . I think 90% of fans are behind him and can see he's been asked to do too much ,especially playing alongside the carthorse Schneiderlin .

The groans happen with every player, for some reason certain people like to make out it happens more with local lads.
You can groan or mutter under your breath if Schneiderlin or McCarthy misplace a pass, but you're expected to clap and cheer if it's Davies, Kenny or Barkley (in the past).
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 03, 2018, 04:58:24 AM
Reply #47

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The groans happen with every player, for some reason certain people like to make out it happens more with local lads.
You can groan or mutter under your breath if Schneiderlin or McCarthy misplace a pass, but you're expected to clap and cheer if it's Davies, Kenny or Barkley (in the past).

He gets the groans when he doesn’t even make a mistake at times.

Just a simple pass and the heads fall off.

He’s getting the Barkley treatment because he’s not living up to the unrealistic expectations the fanbase has for players from the academy who burst on the scene.

There’s certainly a problem with how we build young players up to knock them down here.

September 03, 2018, 05:15:23 AM
Reply #48

Tony Clifton

I hate the pressure that's been on Davies to deliver - big time - since that City game.  Koeman's complete mismanagement of him - and eventually everything - doesn't help a quality young footballer to impress, progress...  Then.  Sam.  Fucking.  Allardyce.  And fans.  Everton fans... When did groaning ever win us anything? 

The lad's trying too hard right now, getting caught in two minds more often than not.  Pretty sure he'll get this sorted under a manager who gives a shit.

As for Sigurdsson, yeah, gifted player who can win us a game with a moment of magic, but needs to start spending less time on the periphery waiting for that moment.

September 03, 2018, 05:52:25 AM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon overall Tom is probably in his best form for us for about a year.

Reckon his numbers would show that as well.

He’s likely to drop out the side when André Gomes comes in, but until then we should just relax a little and accept that is actually marco and marcel’s fault, not toms, that we still don’t have a working midfield.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 03, 2018, 04:17:56 PM
Reply #50

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was poor Saturday personally, tbf to the lad tho, he doesn't hide or shirk

One thing that Saturday show us in particular was that we lack a player who can make a killer pass
Simply simply lovely

September 03, 2018, 10:49:39 PM
Reply #51

Juanito

..............well I don't know where you sit but people round me were pleased to see Siggy come off ,he was anonymous. As I said ,I believe most people  like Davies and think he'll progress.

Easy to say after a few games but James Maddison looks like the profile we should have gone for as a No10, rather than 45 million Sigurdsson.

September 03, 2018, 10:53:12 PM
Reply #52

Bluedylan

Weren't we all singing Gylfi's praises a week or so ago, for his effort off the ball and his class on the ball vs Southampton?

Just wondered where we were with this. Seems like he's an anonymous waste of money this week.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 03, 2018, 11:02:46 PM
Reply #53

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Weren't we all singing Gylfi's praises a week or so ago, for his effort off the ball and his class on the ball vs Southampton?

Just wondered where we were with this. Seems like he's an anonymous waste of money this week.

Similar to Schneiderlin who I thought we all agreed was much improved this season but seems he’s back on the naughty step again with some.

September 03, 2018, 11:13:03 PM
Reply #54

Juanito

I really like Sigurdsson and think he should be one of the first names on the team sheet although look with envious eyes at the profile of Maddison and his potential for that position.

September 03, 2018, 11:37:00 PM
Reply #55

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Well he’s what 28 so he isn’t going to progress as such, but he has looked more comfortable so far than previously so his top level of performance if he’s able to get to it is really high and if he reaches it we’ll be very happy indeed.

But - this issue of him not showing for the ball, not getting enough touches and not making chances from open play is not a new one. It was one of the main arguments against us buying him and so far he’s not done anything to suggest he’s going to turn around the habit of a lifetime. Wouldn’t be acceptable at a top club so he’s lucky he still plays for a none-top club!

If we had more options then we would be fine because when he isn’t working it would be nice to swap him out for someone with a different skill set, maybe Bernard but who knows. But at the moment we replaced him with Oumar which is *sub-optimal*.

Wouldn’t have bought him and wish we’d bought a good CM with that money, but when he’s on the pitch we should do everything humanely possible to force him to take the ball.

Ultimately we are crowbarring him into a system in which he doesn’t fit, so I guess we’ll see what Marco and Marcel think after this year.

September 03, 2018, 11:41:07 PM
Reply #56

KoemansNumberTens

He’s been pretty good this season but he’s always going to be a square peg in a round hole. He’d have to be very good every week to get away with him not really being a proper fit for the 10 role

September 03, 2018, 11:43:37 PM
Reply #57

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think he was just marked out of the game.

He’s played very well so far this season.

Sometimes you have to just credit the opposition.

September 03, 2018, 11:50:47 PM
Reply #58

kramer0

No, not everybody.

September 03, 2018, 11:58:38 PM
Reply #59

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
No, not everybody.

He's been very good aside from yesterday.