November 16, 2018, 10:16:47 AM

Author Topic: Tom Davies  (Read 3989 times)

September 04, 2018, 12:23:01 AM
Reply #60

D15TIN

Thought he was poor Saturday personally, tbf to the lad tho, he doesn't hide or shirk

One thing that Saturday show us in particular was that we lack a player who can make a killer pass
That's very true, he never hides in fairness to him, plenty would

September 04, 2018, 12:39:53 AM
Reply #61

boothill

In reality Davies was promoted beyond his ability at the time. No disgrace taking a step back to take two forward, if he was to take a year out at a lower level to play every week.
Done osman the world of good

September 04, 2018, 12:43:55 AM
Reply #62

UnsyisaRhino

I think he was just marked out of the game.

He’s played very well so far this season.

Sometimes you have to just credit the opposition.

Agreed, thought he did tons of running to try to find space but they were narrow and compact and our deeper players couldn't find the pass, or werent good enough to complete it in some cases.

September 04, 2018, 01:47:52 AM
Reply #63

eyesalwaysblue

Progression stifled by shit management at vital time shocker..along with others of course..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 04, 2018, 06:52:41 PM
Reply #64

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Progression stifled by shit management at vital time shocker..along with others of course..

What would you have done differently though?

The lad has had loads of invaluable game time the last couple years.

Under proper management need have sorted out our midfield long ago and he wouldn’t have had half the time on the pitch.

September 04, 2018, 07:12:01 PM
Reply #65

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Shit that Tom Davies lad. Everyone knows it, including all those people in the game that don't know as much as us.

Tom Davies on the prestigious Golden Boy shortlist

Tom Davies has made the shortlist for the Golden Boy award recognising Europe’s most talented footballers under 21.

The promising midfielder – who became Everton’s youngest starting captain in last Wednesday’s Carabao Cup win at home to Rotherham United – is now on a 60-strong line-up for the prize, having been on the initial 100 shortlist.

September 04, 2018, 07:33:39 PM
Reply #66

Lxxx

He's been very good aside from yesterday.

He’s been better. For him to be very good in the No 10 position you want him affecting the game, testing the goalkeeper, making key passes, bagging more often.

He’s been busier, before Saturday, but you expect more than nice triangles and a few decent dead balls from your record signing in the most pivotal position on the pitch.

I suppose it’s expectation with him. He’ll more often than not do enough to not warrant any major criticism but if we have aspirations of progressing as a team you want more from him.

September 04, 2018, 09:53:00 PM
Reply #67

Evertonian in NC

I think Gana would have helped pull them out from marking Siggy like that.  It's asking too much for Schneiderlin to be able to do that.  I originally had Gana as first goal scorer for us, just had the feeling he would have darted through the lines and shot from distance (as he can do).

I would have pulled Davies off, not because he did anything wrong, but because we just needed a goal and Siggy more likely to randomly create a chance than Davies.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 04, 2018, 09:54:09 PM
Reply #68

Evertonian in NC

Also, I think loaning Davies to the Championship would be an absolute insult to his talent and what he has already done in his career.  Madness.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 04, 2018, 11:34:26 PM
Reply #69

themilkycoffees

Also, I think loaning Davies to the Championship would be an absolute insult to his talent and what he has already done in his career.  Madness.

Which is what? He's played a lot of games but apart from the obvious run against City, what has he actually done? He seems a nice lad but don't really get the love in. He looked a better player when he first came into the team.

September 04, 2018, 11:44:12 PM
Reply #70

van der Meyde

He’s been better. For him to be very good in the No 10 position you want him affecting the game, testing the goalkeeper, making key passes, bagging more often.

He’s been busier, before Saturday, but you expect more than nice triangles and a few decent dead balls from your record signing in the most pivotal position on the pitch.

I suppose it’s expectation with him. He’ll more often than not do enough to not warrant any major criticism but if we have aspirations of progressing as a team you want more from him.
Aye. I'll start giving him more credit when he consistently influences the game more from open play.

I don't care how he does it, whether that's creating gilt edge chances or regularly testing the goalkeeper. All this assisting the assister and set ball creation guff though? That's taking too much credit away from other contributions.

September 05, 2018, 01:14:03 AM
Reply #71

eyesalwaysblue

What would you have done differently though?

The lad has had loads of invaluable game time the last couple years.

Under proper management need have sorted out our midfield long ago and he wouldn’t have had half the time on the pitch.
Maybe he had too much put on him, like you say he had a lot of game time early doors, like him a lot and still think he could be a top player and he might get the right guidance now hopefully..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 05, 2018, 03:23:45 AM
Reply #72

Evertonian in NC

He's a regular, pretty good starter for a top half Premier League side (at a young age).  He just has "failed" to set the world on fire.  Sure, if we actually DO (we'll see if and when that happens) crowd him out of the team to the point he's not getting, or deserving match time, we might loan him to a bottom half Prem side or somewhere else in Europe.

But he's already demonstrated way too much ability for the Championship, FFS.  It's not like he's going out there and getting his lunch fed to him like a Matthew Pennington.

September 05, 2018, 04:15:36 PM
Reply #73

Jamokachi

Weren't we all singing Gylfi's praises a week or so ago, for his effort off the ball and his class on the ball vs Southampton?

Just wondered where we were with this. Seems like he's an anonymous waste of money this week.

It seems as though it's feast or famine eh? How unusual!

September 05, 2018, 04:30:42 PM
Reply #74

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It seems as though it's feast or famine eh? How unusual!

I think he’s a great player who should play every minute possible.

I also think he was a colossal waste of money and indicative of the short terminism that sums up the last 2-3 years of the club.

Whether he scores 10 or 1 this year that will be my opinion.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.