October 20, 2019, 06:00:09 PM

Author Topic: 2018-19 International Blues I  (Read 19032 times)

September 04, 2018, 03:37:01 PM
Read 19032 times

Lxxx

If we get through international breaks without Richarlisons dad suggesting hed quite like to win trophies sometime soon Ill be content.

September 04, 2018, 07:23:08 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

McCarthy would be right up there if theyre looking at players who use the ball quickly. Hes top drawer at already looking behind him, or at best to the side, for a zero responsibility negative ball before hes even got it.

September 04, 2018, 11:05:09 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Feels simple doesnt it but this is a problem that has existed for us since before we got Barry, so i assume there are other elements to it besides move towards the ball winner.

Plus Gana must get asked to try and be a bit more progressive on the ball, ala Kante this season, because Koeman, unsworth, allardyce and silva have all pushed him up the field with Schneiderlin behind.

See I dont actually think Gana is bad at that at all. He can win the ball and drive forward 10 yards quite easily and is quite effective at it too. Its the next stage where we fall down because we lack the fluidity of movement ahead of him which makes him pirouette and turn back, making him look more limited than he is.

It might come once we get the new way of playing bedded in and better quality at No 9 and 10.

September 05, 2018, 12:25:04 AM
Reply #3

Lxxx

October 17, 2018, 04:17:39 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

There is a player in there somewhere in Dowell. Just needs to nail down the best position for him.

October 18, 2018, 05:44:25 PM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Don't see where Dowell fits in to be honest. Lookman seems first option off the right flank, the left is sewn up with the two Brazilians and he doesn't seem keen to use him centrally as I imagine Silva likes his central players to press and work and Dowell doesn't fit into that category. I know the loan shouts get bandied around all the time but he really does need to be playing football every week now under a manager who needs some craft and guile to bulld a team around.

March 22, 2019, 10:57:53 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

Even as an overmatched 17-year-old against Krasnodar, you could see that Dowell had the game mapped.

He's a massive prospect that often goes unappreciated because he isn't big, fast, or flashy technically. I don't care how languid or weak he looks at times, you can't buy players with the sort of footballing brain Dowell has. I think he should have been appearing regularly for us this season.

He needs regular games here soon (and it doesn't have to be him or Davies, there's room for both).

He'll pretty soon get hit with similar kind of criticism that is levelled at Ozil.