November 18, 2018, 03:45:02 PM

Author Topic: Everton V West Ham 16/09 4pm kick off  (Read 12653 times)

September 17, 2018, 12:30:58 AM
Reply #705

Waltzer

It appears you're only as good as your strikers and that's why we look bang average in games like this. Even if we had someone like Arnautovic we win today,  things went forward and just don't stick.  Really think we need to utilise Richarlison up top, his pace will scare the shit out the opposition and we have ample players to take his place on the left,  personally I don't see many other options?

September 17, 2018, 12:31:58 AM
Reply #706

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
given the fixtures, it's turned into a really bad start plus there is absolutely no chance we're getting any points next weekend either, grim

It's a shame, it's been fine margins except for this game and we could've (should have) been on a lot more points however the reality is after this game is that our start has been pretty poor.

September 17, 2018, 12:32:40 AM
Reply #707

indiantoffee1975

Priority next summer has got to be a quality centre forward. Could have won that game 4 or 5 three if we had someone who could finish.

September 17, 2018, 12:32:45 AM
Reply #708

School of Science

Dignety

Kenny done himself no harm at all today. Holgate had a game to forget, but we look so porous in defence, in fact wide open. Also can't remember Pickford making a save today, when their goalkeeper, as well as they played made a few.

Positives, we were shit, but still made a bag full of chances, Tosun could have had a Patrick, Niasse could have had two and was woeful today and has been every time he has played this season. Schneiderlin and Gueye were non existent in midfield, bypassed easily all game, in fact I couldn't believe how easily West Ham held onto the ball, what happened to the pressing ? 
Walcott was poor, Tosun awful, apart from his goal, Sigurdsson was ordinary, as was Zooma. Bright spot and there weren't many apart from Kenny and Digne was Bernard who looked a threat. But I tell you what the honeymoon is definitely over for Silva, he'll get every. Chance from me but we were torn apart from a West Ham team that tore us to shreds at times today. Feel sick to my stomach watching that shite today against  a team that made us look disjointed and had made six changes to their team today.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 17, 2018, 12:34:46 AM
Reply #709

stirlingblue

I have trouble understanding how you cleat a STANDING player in the back of the head, and it isn't res ipsa loquitur "dangerous and reckless play."

Not a red for me, eyes on the ball the whole time and Walcott ducked into the header.

Plus, the focus after this should be on how poor we were not, let’s not let Silva stir up some controversy move the focus

September 17, 2018, 12:37:04 AM
Reply #710

Mayor Farnum

Bernard looks like he has ability at least but not expecting much from him for a few months. Richarlison has instantly become massive for us because if Walcott isn't playing well we have very little threat. I still think this season will pan out exactly as expected, a comfortable eighth with signs of improvement as we go along.

Is anyone really surprised by how we look so far?

Maybe that's the worry. There's been nothing to dispel the perception that Silva is a naive coach with an approach that will achieve inconsistent results at best.

September 17, 2018, 12:37:42 AM
Reply #711

Waltzer

Kenny done himself no harm at all today. Holgate had a game to forget, but we look so porous in defence, in fact wide open. Also can't remember Pickford making a save today, when their goalkeeper, as well as they played made a few.

Positives, we were shit, but still made a bag full of chances, Tosun could have had a Patrick, Niasse could have had two and was woeful today and has been every time he has played this season. Schneiderlin and Gueye were non existent in midfield, bypassed easily all game, in fact I couldn't believe how easily West Ham held onto the ball, what happened to the pressing ? 
Walcott was poor, Tosun awful, apart from his goal, Sigurdsson was ordinary, as was Zooma. Bright spot and there weren't many apart from Kenny and Digne was Bernard who looked a threat. But I tell you what the honeymoon is definitely over for Silva, he'll get every. Chance from me but we were torn apart from a West Ham team that tore us to shreds at times today. Feel sick to my stomach watching that shite today against  a team that made us look disjointed and had made six changes to their team today.
Honestly thought Kenny wasn't great. It's hard as we're used to Coleman,  but Kenny isn't good enough to be starting.  He got bullied far to much and in the second half I thought he was going to run into our own net he backed off so far

September 17, 2018, 12:38:37 AM
Reply #712

BlueForYou

Stand by your man; Silva's your man; give your man a chance

Keep your head straight and I'm with you all the way, Marco

Next League Cup attendance will be interesting
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 17, 2018, 12:39:13 AM
Reply #713

Mac934

I'm not stating anything- over the last few years, whenever things go well posters on here go over the top. When things go bad they go over the top. So just getting in there saying I'm not going to do my usual of looking at things from a non-emotional viewpoint.
Agreed mate, it's just so frustrating to see performances getting worse when there was so much optimism and positivity yet again. Only to see what we saw again today. Where can we see decent results coming from when we are so poor against the teams we should expect to beat?  We are a laughing stock to those across the park, that is what is most painful.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

September 17, 2018, 12:40:09 AM
Reply #714

Normm

I have trouble understanding how you cleat a STANDING player in the back of the head, and it isn't res ipsa loquitur "dangerous and reckless play."

I think the referee just admired the fact that he could jump so high.

September 17, 2018, 12:41:41 AM
Reply #715

sam of the south

It appears you're only as good as your strikers and that's why we look bang average in games like this. Even if we had someone like Arnautovic we win today,  things went forward and just don't stick.  Really think we need to utilise Richarlison up top, his pace will scare the shit out the opposition and we have ample players to take his place on the left,  personally I don't see many other options?

Why not keep him on the left, where he has played extremely well, and have Calvert-Lewin, an actual recognised Striker, occupy the central position?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 17, 2018, 12:42:29 AM
Reply #716

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Agreed mate, it's just so frustrating to see performances getting worse when there was so much optimism and positivity yet again. Only to see what we saw again today. Where can we see decent results coming from when we are so poor against the teams we should expect to beat?  We are a laughing stock to those across the park, that is what is most painful.

TBH I don't give a flying fuck what they think of us across the park. Let them get their rocks off doing that if it makes them happy. It is frustrating but it's 5 games into a new regime. It will take time after the fuck up of last season.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 17, 2018, 12:43:10 AM
Reply #717

Waltzer

Why not keep him on the left, where he has played extremely well, and have Calvert-Lewin, an actual recognised Striker, occupy the central position?
Cause DCL looks like he'd struggle to score in a brothel,  Richarlison doesn't

September 17, 2018, 12:45:06 AM
Reply #718

sam of the south

Cause DCL looks like he'd struggle to score in a brothel,  Richarlison doesn't

They’ve both scored three each this season
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 17, 2018, 12:47:40 AM
Reply #719

eyesalwaysblue

Today could turn out to be a good thing, that's me last positive thought till we get 3 points.
I still despise Clive Thomas..