December 11, 2018, 09:54:45 PM

Author Topic: [News]The Marco Silva effect  (Read 14012 times)

October 05, 2018, 08:43:09 PM
Reply #180

Bluedylan

We need to give Silva 3 years.

This season is primarily to reshape the squad and adapt to his style of football. The second is to build on this season, and the third we all expect to start seeing some results.

We need to think longer term with these two guys at the helm, and I am really positive about it, even with a couple of poor results so far this season. There is very little to be negative about at this stage.

There's a few on here who will be relentlessly negative regardless of the context and long term plan that you rightly point to.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 05, 2018, 09:03:34 PM
Reply #181

KoemansNumberTens

There's a few on here who will be relentlessly negative regardless of the context and long term plan that you rightly point to.

I assume I'm 1 of them? All I'm actually saying is so far it's not been good. I don't want him sacked. Im not overly downbeat about him in the long term (though anything above 7th is hard regardless who's manager)

I do however think it's pretty poor if we aren't too 10 and close to 7th points wise this season. I actually don't think anyone has been overly negative about our future with silva on this forum. Just honest about the questionable form results and performances

We beat Leicester though and suddenly our form looks a lot better. We lose and we are averaging about a point a game.

October 05, 2018, 09:31:50 PM
Reply #182

TheTone

Remember when Silva had this great unbeaten home record

Nothing like an Everton to fuck that up

October 06, 2018, 02:11:46 AM
Reply #183

eyesalwaysblue

And more than a few who have doubts wether Silva should have been the choice of manager, while at the same time hoping that he turns out great for the sake of the club, glad you have your confidence back mate. a few will take a bit longer though.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 06, 2018, 02:23:56 AM
Reply #184

Martip

And I'm sure there are some who blindly supported Martinez despite him being unable to set a team up defensively . There has to be a point where managers are accountable for results and performances.

October 06, 2018, 02:30:55 AM
Reply #185

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
And I'm sure there are some who blindly supported Martinez despite him being unable to set a team up defensively . There has to be a point where managers are accountable for results and performances.

Probably not after 7 league games though?

October 06, 2018, 02:35:00 AM
Reply #186

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting here he says he didnít plan to play this formation but one thing or another has prevented him from playing his preferred one...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-marco-silva-hopes-yerry-15244948

October 06, 2018, 02:42:18 AM
Reply #187

KoemansNumberTens

Probably not after 7 league games though?

Definitely not but until a time he proves himself people are going to have very reasonable doubts

October 06, 2018, 02:52:11 AM
Reply #188

Martip

[quote author=KoemansNumberTens link=topic=96756.msg1515977#msg1515977  I actually don't think anyone has been overly negative about our future with silva on this forum. Just honest about the questionable form results and performances

True says

October 06, 2018, 02:53:09 AM
Reply #189

School of Science

We need to give Silva 3 years.

This season is primarily to reshape the squad and adapt to his style of football. The second is to build on this season, and the third we all expect to start seeing some results.

We need to think longer term with these two guys at the helm, and I am really positive about it, even with a couple of poor results so far this season. There is very little to be negative about at this stage.

Totally agree after three years that will then be his team, who he can be judged on. Don't get me wrong I hate us to lose, the West Ham result really pissed me off. But I'll take these results and more, because the long term is more important. Plus the fact I like the look of his new signings, with more to come.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

October 06, 2018, 03:03:19 AM
Reply #190

eyesalwaysblue

Totally agree after three years that will then be his team, who he can be judged on. Don't get me wrong I hate us to lose, the West Ham result really pissed me off. But I'll take these results and more, because the long term is more important. Plus the fact I like the look of his new signings, with more to come.
Some great signings and fair play to Mosh and Brands as well, it was a great window the last 1, improved the squad no doubt, we should be seeing some improvement inside 3 years though as the bar has been set a touch low.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 06, 2018, 03:12:04 AM
Reply #191

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting here he says he didnít plan to play this formation but one thing or another has prevented him from playing his preferred one...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-marco-silva-hopes-yerry-15244948

Wonder if he means 4-3-3 or 5atb

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 06, 2018, 03:31:49 AM
Reply #192

Waltzer

Some great signings and fair play to Mosh and Brands as well, it was a great window the last 1, improved the squad no doubt, we should be seeing some improvement inside 3 years though as the bar has been set a touch low.
What frustrates me is that other teams change managers and you see a change of results and playing style relatively quickly, look at West Ham now,  granted they're losing tonight,  but they're playing decent attacking football,  likewise Watford change managers all the time and seem to get better,  no 3 year plan there.  With us we seem to play the same tempo and nervousness throughout so it's either some of senior pros that have been there throughout ornate the issue,  or more likely its the impact of the fans and the constant negativity,  as that's the norm. I get that it's a 2 way street but there is almost like we've been cheated on so many times we don't want to love again In case we get hurt,  rather than putting our all into the relationship with the appreciation that there might be ups and downs.

October 06, 2018, 03:33:12 AM
Reply #193

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Definitely not but until a time he proves himself people are going to have very reasonable doubts

Thatís ok but letís not compare with hypothetical scenarios 30+ games down the line, or 3 years down the line as with the RM comparison.

And doubts donít need to be relentlessly put across at the start of a new managerís tenure as Iím sure itís accepted that things donít always run smoothly.

October 06, 2018, 03:34:45 AM
Reply #194

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
What frustrates me is that other teams change managers and you see a change of results and playing style relatively quickly, look at West Ham now,  granted they're losing tonight,  but they're playing decent attacking football,  likewise Watford change managers all the time and seem to get better,  no 3 year plan there.  With us we seem to play the same tempo and nervousness throughout so it's either some of senior pros that have been there throughout ornate the issue,  or more likely its the impact of the fans and the constant negativity,  as that's the norm. I get that it's a 2 way street but there is almost like we've been cheated on so many times we don't want to love again In case we get hurt,  rather than putting our all into the relationship with the appreciation that there might be ups and downs.

If West Ham lose tonight, thatís 5 out of 8 games.

Genuinely bizarre comparison.

Watford were like this last season (who was there then...?) but ended up where they have nearly every season that theyíve been back up.