December 14, 2018, 03:36:52 PM

Author Topic: [News]The Marco Silva effect  (Read 14067 times)

October 06, 2018, 11:58:55 PM
Reply #240

eyesalwaysblue

This season is our first fuck out of prison. It's a bit rushed, we're not 100% sure we remember where everything goes and there's a lot of gunk to clear out the pipe.

Next summer will be our cuddling, connecting and consolidation period and next season's fuck will be far smoother, way more confident and much, much, much more satisfying.
Very very creative analogy which mixes giz and football...back of the net sir..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 07, 2018, 12:04:09 AM
Reply #241

TheTone

This season is our first fuck out of prison.

Not easy when we've been dry bummed for so long

October 07, 2018, 12:26:04 AM
Reply #242

Cereal Killer

Ahahaha

"Everton had an impressive 17 shots against Leicester, far more than they managed under the whole of the Sam Allardyce regime"

lolol

October 07, 2018, 12:28:51 AM
Reply #243

Bluedylan

Ahahaha

"Everton had an impressive 17 shots against Leicester, far more than they managed under the whole of the Sam Allardyce regime"

lolol

He wasn't given a fair crack of the whip mate. He deserved another season (although I personally didn't want him to stay).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 07, 2018, 01:00:01 AM
Reply #244

Gash

Global Moderator
Donít really see whatís wrong with critically analysing the journey weíre on. Itís a fans forum, there will be ups and downs along the way with a new manager. Itís not negative to discuss the dips as well as the decent parts of our game.

Ah the old "it's a forum" argument. I think the point people are making is that although the large majority do see both sides of the positive and negative there is a fairly noisy minority who tend to always see the downside to every situation and always pick up on it and in many cases then just kick the tits out it as if they're sharing some pearls of wisdom rather than look beyond it, some people just can't see the positives in something. It's nothing new, it's always been the same on here and probably other forums, it's no secret that a defeat always brings far more traffic to the forum than a win.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 01:21:42 AM by Gash »

October 07, 2018, 01:56:11 AM
Reply #245

plumber

Ah the old "it's a forum" argument. I think the point people are making is that although the large majority do see both sides of the positive and negative there is a fairly noisy minority who tend to always see the downside to every situation and always pick up on it and in many cases then just kick the tits out it as if they're sharing some pearls of wisdom rather than look beyond it, some people just can't see the positives in something. It's nothing new, it's always been the same on here and probably other forums, it's no secret that a defeat always brings far more traffic to the forum than a win.

Can you name them?
Because all I can find here is lot of moaning about misery, negativity and some mysterious villains hiding and waiting to call for Silva's head.

October 07, 2018, 02:43:13 AM
Reply #246

Gash

Global Moderator
Can you name them?
Because all I can find here is lot of moaning about misery, negativity and some mysterious villains hiding and waiting to call for Silva's head.

It's not a case of naming anyone, I was speaking more in general, it's been the same in the 10 years or so I've been on this forum. There's always been an element of posters who can only see the negative or only post when times are bad (or they think are bad), that's always been the case on here. Ironically, they usually moan about everyone else moaning about their negativity. ;)

I don't think there's any "mysterious villains" calling for Silva's head, not on here anyway (although there have been on various social media platforms) but as most people are saying we need to give a bit longer than October in his first season, especially given the absolute mess last season was right from the start of the transfer window up until losing to West Ham away on the last day.

October 07, 2018, 02:46:35 AM
Reply #247

Shogun

Administrator
Looks like he's got a good game plan going for matches away from home.

Probably would have beat Wolves with 11 men.
Should have beaten Bournemouth, regardless. We were certainly the better team.
The better team against Arsenal for 60 minutes before getting sucker punched.
11 v 11, the more threatening side today and got the win.

Considering how Wolves and Bournemouth have started the season and considering Arsenal and Leicester are among the tougher away days then there's a lot to be optimistic about on that front.

What we need to sort out is how we deal with teams at home. With Crystal Palace at home after the break then we've got another Huddersfield type fixture and hopefully we find goals to get the win without shooting ourselves in the foot.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 07, 2018, 06:13:18 AM
Reply #248

eyesalwaysblue

Enjoyed today right from the announcement of the front 3, improved things no end, brave management, paid off, next can't wait to see Mina..

October 07, 2018, 06:37:08 AM
Reply #249

Martip

He wasn't given a fair crack of the whip mate. He deserved another season (although I personally didn't want him to stay).
You always such a knob ?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:46:14 AM by Martip »

October 07, 2018, 06:40:03 AM
Reply #250

Martip

Enjoyed today right from the announcement of the front 3, improved things no end, brave management, paid off, next can't wait to see Mina..
True says.

October 07, 2018, 06:45:56 AM
Reply #251

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 07, 2018, 07:00:55 AM
Reply #252

Martip

Ah the old  if you question the current regime you are either 1. Intellectually inferior with no vision or 2. A disloyal supporter.

October 07, 2018, 07:18:11 AM
Reply #253

Gash

Global Moderator
Ah the old  if you question the current regime you are either 1. Intellectually inferior with no vision or 2. A disloyal supporter.

I never said that though.

But I did say.
Ironically, they usually moan about everyone else moaning about their negativity. ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 07:46:46 AM by Gash »

October 07, 2018, 12:22:39 PM
Reply #254

eyesalwaysblue

Impossible to discuss football without the warts of any team/performance, it's what any manager and staff have to do constantly surely, to get any consistency or improvement, you always seem to get one or 2 who don't say much but are waiting to pounce on others for perceived "mistakes" or "contradictions" on any forum, they pop up for a dig then melt back without any real contribution to the actual debate, not on here obviously though, it's pretty good on the whole, so keep on trucking mate.